Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I love that Mumei was lied to about what Biba had planned for that gate city, used as a tool to open the gates and lead to the mass slaughter of a whole town of innocent people, sees a woman and child die personally with her own eyes, and is still just like "oh sure I'll ride around with you onii-sama." Like, what more does he have to do to make you just flat out turn on him? You're a super wild awesome chick, just pretend to go along with him and then get you and your friends the hell away from him, or kill him yourself.

I get that she's been traumatized early and indoctrinated, but c'mon. You can't act like a normal and sensible human being and then be like, yeah okay this pile of humans murdered by zombies you brought in is bad, and you turning a loyal servant into a mega zombie and killing them is bad, but hey, strong need to live and weak need to die, amirite?

All that said, the world is interesting as hell, it's just a shame that Biba gets to get away with all his poo poo and almost every human on the planet is a paranoid and cowardly waste of space. I'm super ready for our hero to go on a roaring rampage of revenge with a gun-hand, Biba has ticked all my "Wanna see this a-hole die" boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I'm fine with a second season, let them go to some other Shogun's territory who actually has competent defenses and is winning against the Kabane as much as anyone, i.e. rarely losing stations instead of them constantly being overwhelmed, and with citizens not completely lost to fear. Our hero brings them Jet Bullet tech, they add that and the Kabaneri to their fighting force, and move out to stop the Kabane at their source. Add a proper antagonist on the Kabane side, like an intelligent Kabane leading them, and there you go.

It'd be a hell of a gamechanger alone if he taught them that all you needed to do to stop becoming a Kabane is choke yourself to the point of dying, it might not work 100% of the time but that'd do a lot to assuage people's fears. Kind of the other side of the coin to how they reacted to him at first, instead of "he's a kabane kill him" it's "he looks like a kabane but he's sane and talking and fighting against them, wow this gives me hope if I'm bitten!" Imagine those suicide bags replaced with choke collars, and instead of always increasing the enemy's numbers you're making super soldiers on your side a healthy percentage of the time.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

A happy ending?! I don't think I'm ready for this yet!

Well, every station we ever saw even briefly was completely overrun by kabane and destroyed, and half the time it was with the direct assistance of Evil dude Biba. I mean our heroes get away, but even they lost some people along the way, like most of the people in the back half of the train during the mountains for instance.

They're riding off across the water, but it's hard to say that they don't have more suffering ahead given what we've seen so far.

Raenir Salazar posted:

So when exactly did Biba give Ikoma the white blood?

I figured it was during their close combat session, but then he's shooting at him after saving him? Yeah that didn't make much sense.

I don't see how it'd happen, but it'd be fun if Ikoma somehow pickpocketed it and used it on himself, and Mumei's like Nii-sama wasn't so bad after all when he was just evil all day every day.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

galagazombie posted:

So can anyone explain to me what was going on with Biba's henchmen at the end there? I mean they literally just were held prisoner, executed and drained of blood by these guys while watching them knowingly, willingly and unrepentantly murder three entire cities of innocent people. I know they needed them to get out but at least put them in cells and say you'll put them on trial or something. These guys committed legitimate war-crime level stuff here.

Yeah, despite there being prison cells in stations and whatnot the idea of keeping prisoners in an outright zombie apocalypse doesn't really fly. It pretty much boils down to kill them so they don't consume your resources, or put them to work for the good of your society or group. One thing I liked about World War Z is how they were like "We can't throw people in prison anymore, so let's just do brief punishments instead like whipping or getting put in old-school stocks, and if they really act up we just kill them or send them on a suicide mission." The book basically says "Who could afford to keep feeding and protecting someone who's not producing anything, and assign someone to guard them?"

Of course that's just in the U.S., in other countries things were handled... differently.

• Locked thread