Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
I'm seriously weirded out by how Mumei's skin tone is Extra Pink but Ikoma, as a fellow Kabaneri, has about three blue and green filters on his skin, especially in this episode. Why is that necessary, any ideas? :confused:

And since Biber came up...how freaking fitting is it that this rockstar-shogun's son-guy is voiced by Mamoru Miyano? :allears: Good times ahead whether he goes bombastically evil or is a decent fella!

CryingAthena fucked around with this message at 14:34 on May 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I wanted to make a spergy train post but it was a festival episode showing life is sometimes not poo poo. :smith:

My Apocalyptic Zombie Adventure with Trains Isn't Depressing Enough: Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
Of course this universe's version of an elite SWAT-unit moves on the battlefield on steam-powered motorcycles.
I didn't even consider such a thing but we sure got it. :allears:

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

Pootybutt posted:

This would be a good time to point out one of the tracks on the ost is called VIVALABIBA

Good lord how is everything about this murder-for-fun dude so unbearably fabulous :sparkles: from hair to voice actor to OST-title?

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I decided to watch this and is good. The OP is extremely great though.

EGOIST has a track record for making great OP songs for anime shows and anime movies. :allears:

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Guilty Crown's first OP was the best part of the show.

Psycho-Pass and Psycho-Pass 2 were both good at the very least, great in my opinion, but EGOIST OPs and ED for those were just plain great. And while I haven't seen Gyakusatsu Kikan yet I love the song EGOIST made for that, Reloaded. :allears:

I really hope Mamoru Miyano can go full-on evil piece of poo poo in the next episode, he's pretty good at pulling off those moments (so I guess I'll hope the writers haven't made it totally horrible).

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
I love how this thread's just renamed the guy Bieber no questions asked. :allears:

And for me Mumei was actually cool and interesting for all of two episodes. The "I'LL BLINDLY DO WHATEVER MY BIG BRO TELLS ME TO" thing is not endearing in the slightest.

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
Okay, Biber could've just told Mumei "and the Koutetsujou's inside now, isn't it?" and it could have salvaged something for me. But no, Bond Villain speeches here we come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
Or the best friend also becomes a Kabaneri because it's all thanks to the dumb childhood promise rock and nothing to do with Ikoma's BDSM self-asphyxiation gear.

• Locked thread