Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

EPISODE 4 WAS THE GREATEST THING NOW DISCUSS!! :cawg:

Phobophilia posted:

ayame: owns
Ayame really loving owns now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

....What the hell just happened?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

People annoyed by this show's supposedly stupid characters *cough* 4 chan *cough* reddit *cough* have not read the insightful or analytical thoughts made by patient men on this thread. Keep it up.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

At the end of episode 6 was that core of the colony Kabane a former Kabaneri? It...may explain what happens to starved out Kabaneri, maybe.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

C-SPAN Caller posted:

No video just photos, and it was a railroad employee that had it that was a company photo so I can't technically link that and keep my job.

Basically what happens is you switch a train engine between the axles, it's considered a derail by default though and the only time it happens without the trains toppling over is if its in yard tracks going at under 10 mph or walking speed and the dumbass switches it too early.

Once again my first point of "WHO THE gently caress WAS MAINTAINING THE TRACKS" is important.

Due to subgrade issues, tracks, even if in great condition and with good initial ballast, will inevitably due to the water table cause oversaturated soil, from the forces of the train on the ties "churn" up the soil and cause issues in your stability. That poo poo is NOT easy to just 'take care of' and most of the time requires some pretty heavy equipment to get the oversaturated soil out of there, or at best tamping rock underneath the ties inbetween the mud as a stop gap.

Let's not also forget curve rail wear if the rail in curves isn't replaced (even more reason making a fuckton of curves is bad) and the facy train axles are rigid so they will always wear your rails down. If someone can invent adjustable trucks that'd be a godsend for curves.

Also its all wood tie not concrete tie rail, meaning the wood will give and is prone to a lot of bad conditions, not to mention if you wash out from rain, your tracks are gone and you're hosed.

But yes best not to think of it.

Again, an actual rail-worker harping on train physics in an anime zombie-steampunk. Making my day. :allears:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

So wait, she's 12? Jesus Christ that's some next level :japan:
Yeahhh...Episode 6 drove the point home that she only became a Kabaneri several years ago (instead of eons), so for all purposes she's really 12.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pootybutt posted:

Enter Bieber-sama.
Quick throw Aerosol cans and beverages at him! :haw:

Honestly though is Bibe secretly working with the Kabane or what?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Thoughts on Episode 8:
1. Ikoma is an uncompromising naive shounen trope.
2. Mumei is a brainwashed Beauty from MGS4. Ain't she just being a massive dildo today? Look how quickly she folded and turned for her brother.
3. Bibe is a sly, devilish fox who I cannot wait to kick his teeth in his pretty Akio Ohtori face.
4. What does that give us now everybody?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 3, 2016

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This show just pulled a goddamn Guilty Crown. What a drag.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Remember when Mumei was awesome in episode 2? Man I miss those days.

This show being a trainwreck? Called it!

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 10, 2016

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I did like Horobi's multiple designs in this episode. That's one good thing.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This episode (and the previews for the finale) has made me lose my faith and respect for this show. It's kind of like Little Nemo now: Gorgeously animated, yet horribly executed. Such wasted godamn potential.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

a kitten posted:

Oh, it's the "things have gone about as far as they can reasonably go when things have gotten just about as bad as it can reasonably get" episode.

And then Mumei explodes according to the final episode's PV

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ikoma's looking pretty metal right now.

Everything's dumb but it's dumb in a fun way.
Exactly. Granted this could've gone much better but it'll do I guess.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oh boy here we gooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

wielder posted:

All things considered, this wasn't such a bad way to end things. Convenient, but not bad. They did leave lots of room for a sequel, though it's not strictly necessary.

Kabaneri confirmed for still being a dumb action show in the end, but at least it went back to the good side of the dumb spectrum. I guess that's nice.
Still a far better deal then with what happened with Ultima IX, Wielder.

• Locked thread