Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
The anime critical community is loving this series, but I can't find much discussion on it anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

HenryEx posted:

I like this show, even though i totaly don't get anything about that self-asphyxiation scene there. The entire time he was bolting a sex harness into his torso and choking himself on a noose, i thought "what is your end game here?", but i admired his dedication.

I think that was just Araki saying "Wouldn't it be bitchin if someone had to choke themselves to death in order to live?!"

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Ccs posted:

This is a fun show, very similar to Attack on Titan in general, but lots of specific touches to the world design that make it much different. I don't know how they're affording this level of production value though, and I hope it doesn't lead to plummeting quality as the series goes on. It's strange to see an action show from the noitaminA block.

I don't know when Amazon Prime licensed this series, but apparently it was the highest licensing fee ever paid for an anime series yet. Enough to cover all production costs and then some.

• Locked thread