Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

djdanno13 posted:

Clearly the best choice for a chase vehicle is this. Also bonus Massey Harris action.

Everything is in Valentine NE right now.

Only if he is doing some sort of Smokey and the Bandit convoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Canned Ham Radio posted:

So what part of Nebraska did this beast end up in? I am in St.Pete, Florida and find myself considering a road trip to act as a chase vehicle... Filming the epic journey on my go pro..
I am riding a 2001 Crown Vic (retired cop special) so it can haul large amounts of tools or people should the need arise..

Seriously someone needs to get evidence that this ridiculousness occurred because the idea behind it all is just absurd.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

CommieGIR posted:

Only if he is doing some sort of Smokey and the Bandit convoy.

Well obviously they should load the truck with as much beer that it can carry. How else will they make it to Florida?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

AI's gonna do what they say can't be done.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Oh it can be done, tricks getting it back past half mast after the stitches come out

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

14 BAR RIFF posted:

So since I don't have to worry about rent, a couple hundred bucks in side jobs will handle the rest of my storage and bills.

How does AI feel about throwing in on a guzzoline fund for the last of the V6 Interceptors loaded with every last tool I can fit.

Book time says 20 hours to Nebraska.

Bet I can beat it.

In.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

So since I don't have to worry about rent, a couple hundred bucks in side jobs will handle the rest of my storage and bills.

How does AI feel about throwing in on a guzzoline fund for the last of the V6 Interceptors loaded with every last tool I can fit.

Bet I can beat it.

Just tell me where to put it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5rCeLxD2so

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If somebody can follow and film/edit this poo poo it will rival anything Roadkill has ever done.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone considered the legal or ethical ramifications of a Camaro from Seattle and a cop car from Florida just happening to meet in Nebraska?

There isn't a single government agency or insurance company on this planet that would sign off on what happens out there.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Make sure the cars play nice. They're all there for the same purpose.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Canned Ham Radio posted:

So what part of Nebraska did this beast end up in? I am in St.Pete, Florida and find myself considering a road trip to act as a chase vehicle... Filming the epic journey on my go pro..
I am riding a 2001 Crown Vic (retired cop special) so it can haul large amounts of tools or people should the need arise..

Either way, I look forward to seeing where this goes!

If you end up doing this let me know, I'm in St.Pete as well and I will send you bearing gifts for mr. 14 and ExplodingSims for the long journey. Maybe limes so they don't get scurvy? Salted meats?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I'm in for some $$, a successful goon project would be doing something no one has done before

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Make sure the cars play nice. They're all there for the same purpose.

Over my impaled and likely still smoldering body :colbert:

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Fart Pipe posted:

Just tell me where to put it.

:haw:

Ries
Apr 14, 2003
Motorcycle

djdanno13 posted:

Clearly the best choice for a chase vehicle is this. Also bonus Massey Harris action.

Everything is in Valentine NE right now.

God drat Galaxies look great.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Bet I can beat it.

I'm in.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Bet I can beat it.

In

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Where do I insert my :20bux:?

E: Get both cars and drive them to Nebraska ala: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsxRiI5jAC8

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 13:49 on May 20, 2016

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Over my impaled and likely still smoldering body :colbert:

I'll send flowers. You more of a Rafflesia guy or is Amorphophallus Titanum more your jam.

I'm guessing Amorphophallus Titanium

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So, I've been talking to Dick. We've been brainstorming things to do for this trip, and after seeing how many goons want to make this happen, we came up with IDEAS
We want to give something back for your donation, more than just the sheer entertainment value of this trip, so, for your donation, you can get REWARDS.

Yes, we put together a GofundMe thingy, https://gofundme.com/25ctjtx8

Yes, for your money you can get a cheap post card, or a lovely piece of paper that Dick's blasted with his creative juices. or a surprise art

Canned Ham Radio posted:

Either way, I look forward to seeing where this goes!

Hey, if you want to come along, and provide transportation, I'll happily pay for gas!

By God, we're gonna get this done. There is no plan for failure, either this works, and we make in the Florida in one piece, or we break down in the midwest and become farmers!

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

ExplodingSims posted:

So, I've been talking to Dick. We've been brainstorming things to do for this trip, and after seeing how many goons want to make this happen, we came up with IDEAS
We want to give something back for your donation, more than just the sheer entertainment value of this trip, so, for your donation, you can get REWARDS.

Yes, for your money you can get a cheap post card, or a lovely piece of paper that Dick's blasted with his creative juices. or a surprise art

Piston art purchased.

God drat I love AI.

ninja: FIRST

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

In for some art! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43UD9fP4y2s

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

Hey, if you want to come along, and provide transportation, I'll happily pay for gas!

By God, we're gonna get this done. There is no plan for failure, either this works, and we make in the Florida in one piece, or we break down in the midwest and become farmers!

DONATED

everdave fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 21, 2016

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm a little afraid of the rewards, but what the hell.
Wish I could swing the piston art, but that's gotta go to the fricking garage door opener.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
:10bux:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNzzb9fK6cA

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Fine take my goddamn money

stump
Jan 19, 2006

This is amazing. Chucked in a few bob.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
:10bux:

Goonspeed you weirdo fucks.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm in for a miserly ten bucks. You guys are going to regret having to mail thirty or forty things to goons but that will be entertaining to watch, too.

Do you have a go date yet?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

In for :10bux:

Use it to buy some spider killer.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I can only hope my donation will tip the scales from buzzed to inebriated while working. Or just help fund a terrible idea for the truck. I'm game for whatever.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Sooo, apparently, if I understand it correctly, the existing transmission in the truck, a Muncie SM420, can made to bolt up to a Jeep 4.0...

https://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/transmissions/manual/sm420/

Learn something new every day.

E. The 420 is relatively simple to rebuild. Many shadetree mechanics do very outstanding rebuilds if they have access to a press, snap ring pliers and bearing pullers. Many choose to do a full rebuild during the adaptation process, and our instruction guides feature all the details, diagrams, pics and tricks required to do professional level work

Got some more tools to add to the pile. :v:

Leperflesh posted:

I'm in for a miserly ten bucks. You guys are going to regret having to mail thirty or forty things to goons but that will be entertaining to watch, too.

Do you have a go date yet?

It's only a handful of postcards and letter, can't be that bad! WHAT COULD GO WRONG.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
See I neglected to inform him that my mentail tiers were random bumfuck card filled out with whatever the dicks minutia had in store, the letter for ~$25-30 which in my mind kind of falls into "found improvised writing or drawing surface technically able to be sent via standard postal services and good luck interpretating what arrives," the $50-60 art trinket which would be a mystery until it arrives save for the fact that it involved off mission on clock trophy hunting, the Pistons and rods, and maybe a 1 or 2 available Immortan tier $100~150 war relic. I haven't really planned much out aside from the bottom levels being honestly geared a little more towards putt by i5 in the gas tank and supplies, the trophies would actually have effort into making them unique mementos, and if AI seemed open to the alpha trim I'd want them limited to one or two because those are going to need to be halo efforts.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Basically I'm saying I no loving idea how to make a 25 dollar letter and a 35 dollar art trinket have enough value differation to warrant the split.

Lower tiers will be brought to you by the power of my id during the darkest depths of night.

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer
This thing should be good for at least $10 worth of entertainment.

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost
loving goons. I'm in at the bodily fluid level.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

In for some :10bux: even though I don't know anything about rebuilding cars and don't actually follow anything in AI but the trainwrecks. Good luck you crazy diamonds, shine on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Have you guys picked a route to take back to Florida once it's running?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Dammit. Dammit dammit dammit. If I had any money, I would pay for some 14" creative juices and then find a way to include that in my dinner.

• Locked thread