Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Rust. Heat. That loving sun. Why the gently caress did I take this job?

Sweat in my eyes again. Stings. Asbestos dust packed under the ragged stumps of what once passed for fingernals.

Keep it together. What day is it? So confused.

God drat i'm hungry.

Smoke drifting through the field. Cooking. Oily smoke. Meat. Truck.

Truck? Yeah, still there. Couldn't get it off. Couldn't break it loose. Got stuck here. Where the gently caress is here? Where the gently caress are the others?

Hammer feels funny. Kinda slippery. Kind of sticky. Smells wierd. Smells like meat. What's with the sun, anyways? Brake failure? What was....something...failed.

Great sound, wasn't it? Wait, what sound? Wet. Crack. Like a melon, but harder. Heh.

Hammer's slipping out of my hands again. Man that's red. Truck ain't red though. Truck's green. Yep, still green.

Mostly.

Where the gently caress'r they? drat that smells good. Good old barbeque.

poo poo's hot.

Food's hot.

Let's eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
As I sit here broken parted
Bump the clutch to get it started
Time to merge I see my chance
Money shift and poo poo my pants

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Truck of Longinus crash cart beta

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Sector Control, this is DICK TEASE control. Just wanted to check you were notified of the def-con systems test today.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Initiate War Protocol.

I'm trying to pick this up. For the trip.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

n0tqu1tesane posted:

I hate to tell you, but I don't think the truck in question here is OBDII compatible.

Turn key LS9's do.

:colbert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
This truck shall be my career's swan song

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So since I don't have to worry about rent, a couple hundred bucks in side jobs will handle the rest of my storage and bills.

How does AI feel about throwing in on a guzzoline fund for the last of the V6 Interceptors loaded with every last tool I can fit.

Book time says 20 hours to Nebraska.

Bet I can beat it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Eh, it's basically a Challenger, close enough

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I mean since the plane ticket was already out there, the war rig needs a pursuit special. It's yin and yang, death and taxes, icy terror and raging hard ons, it just feels right.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

AI's gonna do what they say can't be done.

Oh it can be done, tricks getting it back past half mast after the stitches come out

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone considered the legal or ethical ramifications of a Camaro from Seattle and a cop car from Florida just happening to meet in Nebraska?

There isn't a single government agency or insurance company on this planet that would sign off on what happens out there.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Make sure the cars play nice. They're all there for the same purpose.

Over my impaled and likely still smoldering body :colbert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
See I neglected to inform him that my mentail tiers were random bumfuck card filled out with whatever the dicks minutia had in store, the letter for ~$25-30 which in my mind kind of falls into "found improvised writing or drawing surface technically able to be sent via standard postal services and good luck interpretating what arrives," the $50-60 art trinket which would be a mystery until it arrives save for the fact that it involved off mission on clock trophy hunting, the Pistons and rods, and maybe a 1 or 2 available Immortan tier $100~150 war relic. I haven't really planned much out aside from the bottom levels being honestly geared a little more towards putt by i5 in the gas tank and supplies, the trophies would actually have effort into making them unique mementos, and if AI seemed open to the alpha trim I'd want them limited to one or two because those are going to need to be halo efforts.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Basically I'm saying I no loving idea how to make a 25 dollar letter and a 35 dollar art trinket have enough value differation to warrant the split.

Lower tiers will be brought to you by the power of my id during the darkest depths of night.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hell, I'll sell you parts that didn't even come from a vehicle.

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

bad decision road trips

How dare you

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Over or under my dead body

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
This thread is this song irl

https://youtu.be/iOKV9Stri_M

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I mean it wont, but it would be nice I agree

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Don't forget I'll have a chase car of some flavor. If camaro doesn't survive long enough to reach Tennessee, then the civic.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

tater_salad posted:

So.. uh what's going on with the truck

:gooncamp:

ROBBLE ROBBLE

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3575865&pagenumber=233#lastpost

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
How about you show me a warrant first and then maybe we talk

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I will still offer to mount the tires while KNOWING AND RESPECTING THE TRAJECTORY DANGER ZONE. Also since my little joke farted out, I'm working on uploading and posting the bonanza of '53 6400 reference photos I took. Originally came with a 16 foot bed as the OP, cut down for size. It's actually a hilariously tiny truck considering what it is.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Odds are possible the shoes won't need to be sourced yet if enough meat is left, they'll be riveted on with the organic friction material so no delamination issues. To even check though requires pulling the axle as its integrated with the drum. Other check now issues, finding out sources for the radiator and gas tank specifically, as the guy said he had had issues with both of those and I'm betting there are no easy solutions if required.

Unless it's been modified it has vacuum powered wipers btw. Check if it has turn signal indicators as I know for a fact a guy I talked to with a late 30s or some year 40s chevy had a single brake/running lamp in the rear and the way the turn stalk is attached here makes me wonder. VW used semaphore indicators until 53 in the USA and like ~57-59ish in Europe so thats something worth looking into.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Z5RuT4t.jpg[/IMG

2 fuses eh

More tomorrow. Go back to the engine and ask where the master cylinder am and batteries are.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Vacuum assist!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Okay now point at the doll and show me where there's room to stick a bigger radiator

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I don't see any condos :colbert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

nm posted:

That's a minnesota thing. I'd imagine lots of rust from before it made it to WA.

Yeah except nah

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

I'm gonna guess somewhere between contagious and instantly fatal.

fukken SOLD

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I believe you mean if I bring the motor with me from Seattle and all my tools in Bloodbag here.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5645194129.html

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I mean I also just got the nod to lowball offer the Jag and see if he bites

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to put boots on the ground for the Jaguar this evening.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Astonishing Wang posted:

Quoted in case you die and killer changes your link

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
WE GOT DUAL CHEVY HHRS

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Waited for 40 minutes, no reply from dude. Going home.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:colbert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
buy a saws all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That van's gonna look like it got fist hosed by a chest burster on MDMA by the time I get that engine out.

• Locked thread