Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Im just glad you've found something to get your life back on track man. Its amazing how wrenching can get your mind focused away from the bad poo poo in your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Im assuming theres nothing more modern in terms of rims that fits that bolt pattern? Our Hino and Isuzu trucks here in AU still run 11R22.5 on a 7.5 x 22.5 rim.

What IS the max GVM of that truck? Cos if you can find a bolt pattern that fits and a 16" rim that clears the brakes LT315/75R16 tyres are rated to 3858lb each. Maybe super singles?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Fermented Tinal posted:

The goons were posting all smug in their threads,
While visions of Thunderhorse drove through their heads;
And Danno out with wife, and Sims far far away,
We all settled down for a truck expose,

When out in the field there arose such a clatter,
And no one around to see what was the matter.
Away to the cab he flew like a jet,
Slammed in the key with all criteria met.

The moon lit the beast in the still-falling snow
Gave the lustre of high-beams to objects below,
When, what to all wondering eyes would appear,
But Thunderhorse with all eight cylinders near.

With a half-crazed driver, so lively and quick,
We knew in a moment it must be St. Inch.
More rapid than Eagles his daemons they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

"GM! HONDA! AMX and VOLKSWAGEN!
FLAT RATE! WIRE! SPIDERS and FIRESTONE!
To the dick of the States! Hold onto your balls!
Now Drive away! Drive away! Drive away all!"

:golfclap:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Safer by association!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

What about an under bumper exhaust? Like the Australian Army Mack 6x6 trucks run?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

That old merc truck WILL eventually hit 100kph on the flat. We used to have one in the CFS brigade I was in.

loving TERRIFYING above 90 tho... drat thing was using most of the lane and part of the verge to motor down the road and had half a turn of slop in the steering box.

Those mogs with the Hiab crane are going for around $20-25K... If the missus wouldnt just walk out on me i'd have another car loan and have one in the driveway!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

If my inlaws can ship two paranoid cats halfway across Australia, Im pretty sure we can organise to get Rosie shoved into a cat carrier and shipped across the US when dick gets to florida. Its only someone else who has to listen to her bitch and moan.

Rooting for you man, If you can manage to get a beanie to Australia just in time for summer, im sure you can pull this off!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

You know you can piss into a screw top beer and put the lid back on, and I'm not 100% sure you could taste the difference from bud light...

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

If they're telescopic struts, can you raise them one "step" at a time till its fully extended and then drive a tek screw through both steps until they're fully extended?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

ExplodingSims posted:

I've been looking at FJ Cruisers, are they any good?

Essentially a Toyota 120 series Prado chassis with a funky body on the top of them. I think the biggest complain down under is that Toyota should have slotted in the 3.0 D4D Turbo Diesel that the prado also got over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm going to the training facility in a town called Lyndhurst
I have no idea where that is in relation to Roanoke. :v:

Thats an awfully long way from anywhere?

• Locked thread