Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Go back to bfc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Can you toss the multi fuel duce and a half engine in this thing? Will it fit.. yes it'll be slow but it'll run on everything from gasoline to Jim beam.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Fermented Tinal posted:

Actually, the automatics in my parents' Audi Q5 and Porsche Boxster are pretty nice.

Dual clutch shifters are faster at gear changes than anyone with a manual can be.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 5, 2016

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

build ramps put it in bed, then take out engine.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

So.. uh what's going on with the truck

:gooncamp:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

That is the post that makes me yearn for more info

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Again this is all about the adventure, this isn't called automotive reasonable decisions and practicality. Bfc is over there ----->

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Why not wire up an electric pump just ensure you have an accessible switch to cut it off if poo poo hits the fan.
Did it with my vw. (I mean it wasn't a converted tbi to carb)

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Its not a matter of poo poo hitting the fan or not, an electric fuel pump for EFI engines in most cases produces about 80 PSI, and a mechanical pump produces 6-8 PSI. If you try to hook up a carburetor to a fuel pump made for a fuel injected engine, you will experience a lot of problems if you dont have a bypass to return the excess fuel to the tank.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/p...CFY1bhgodejUOrQ

an example of a fuel pump for carburetor engines.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Gets locked in a shed with the BadDecisions Truck and a welder and a bunch of steel and the old van and all the tools and parts they need for a motor swap and they magically escape just in time to save the day.. and get the truck back home.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Rattle can primer plz

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

How many pairs of socks, because lets be honest you're going to lose a few doze while there.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I think it's more that Walmart is awful.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Dagen H posted:

I Rode A Bus: Bad Decisions ITT

I vote this for new thread title.

Fermented Tinal posted:

People bring drugs on planes, people do drugs on buses.
This is 100% true.

Also, I once looked for a bus / train ride to NYC (a 6 hour car ride for me or like 1.5 hour flight). Tickets for the bus / train were within 30 dollars of a train, and both were going to take between 12 and 16 hours.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

This thread is the best thing on sa.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

This thread really needs every single 5 ever given on sa attributed to it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Broken truck fixes broken man fixes broken truck, the ai circle or life.

14 I think it's been said before but I'm glad your firemobile got you to the truck, seems like the field of vehicles has been just what you needed.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

CornHolio posted:

My penis, it is SO ERECT RIGHT NOW

Hail Brady

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

gently caress yeah, Sim is gonna wake up sometime next week to a rusty dump truck with straight headers doing donuts on his front lawn :black101:

This is the only proper way that this thread can end.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Fermented Tinal posted:

'Twas the night before AImas, when all through a field
Not a suspension was creaking, though the wind didn't yield.
The socks were flung on a fender without care,
In hopes that St. Inchmortan soon would be there.

When out in the field I heard such a clatter I opened the door to see what was the matter.

While peeking outside I saw with such ire
That inchclauses sleigh was indeed on fire.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I sort of envy people who can experience the 14 INCH RIDE from the start.

I experienced 14" from the psychlobe days, and it's been a hell of a ride..

Like I said to my goon brother, 14" always has the answer to "how much worse can it get".

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

ExplodingSims posted:

So stay tuned for partial excitement! a case of blue balls

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Most truck plz

What's the plan to get this thing on the road, are you driving it back to FL I'd the auto gods allow?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Astonishing Wang posted:

Came for the human drama

Staying for train chat

one in the same really.

So if I read right.. truck on hold til Oct/November?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

That has to be so warm.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Stitecin posted:

Reality: Guys, the well is getting pretty deep, it's hard to dig because it's so dark.

This thread: Let's all chip in for some gas so we can dig by the light of the flames. :homebrew: :kingsley:

:getin:

:homebrew: is perfectly fine, there's so much entertainment left.
Once all my bills get paid I'll probably ship everdave some paypal money, Won't be much but gas to dig is a good idea

edit:
Chances camper burns down? can we do like a 50/50 pool to pick a day or week?

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 8, 2017

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

all praise Tremek

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Don't smoke the fly pellets.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Old Binsby posted:

It's not true camping until your inflatable mattress starts leaking but your half way there

protip.. I made a gasket for my leaky deflate valve with a plastic grocery bag.. works great.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Don't fill in the basement that's where the pool goes

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I think the trailer has enough holes for him to be safe.. Issue is I don't think there's an easy way to tell if Dave's gone mad.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Was just wondering why he hasn't been using the stove this entire time, empty tanks would be a good reason I guess :v:

3 full tanks would increase trailers value by 20%

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

OK yeah these would deffo be 30 leg, so they're too short. capris

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There are worse things you can do with HF. Much worse things...

"Fulminant acute colitis following a self-administered hydrofluoric acid enema."

If there were words that I would put money on never happening together "self-administered hydrofluoric acid enema" would be really high on the list.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Just saw that the phone charging biolite is $70 on woot right now. I thought some goon said it was stupid expensive, I'm seeing a list of 129.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

To be fair, $70 and $129 are both stupid expensive to a guy who is unemployed (which the Biolite guy said he is, iirc).

Gocha I didn't remember that bit.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

This thread never fails to deliver.. Thing sent to address.. Ends up in town at hospital where friend of landowner works.. kuz why not.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

and the hot sauce hasn't even arrived yet.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I foresee the post "gently caress another flat" in your future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

So why was it only running on 4?

• Locked thread