Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
:justpost:

I don't even know that much about cars and I'm dying to see this through to the end.

I'd say "buckle in" but does that truck even come with seat belts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Ride Eternal, Shiny and Chrome.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

88h88 posted:

Well I guess there's one way to find out isn't there?

Gather a couple fat friends and cram them in the back for a joyride?

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

The Door Frame posted:

So for the slow among us (me), please fill in the gaps/correct the following...

ExplodingSims has purchased a truck in XXX

Truck is shipped to goon YYY in ZZZ

ExplodingSims is going to meet 14" in ZZZ to fix said truck

ExplodingSims has purchased at Van in Florida

ExplodingSims is going to drive said van to ZZZ as an engine donor?

14" is going to drive the Civic, Camaro, or timing dependent the red Bug to ZZZ?

Profit??Asbestos!!Tetanus Immortality.

:jerky:

This just keeps getting better.

You guys have a road trip mixtape yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOnXsMVwWuI

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Midjack posted:

Satellite High with an appropriate track:
https://vimeo.com/40393795

gently caress yes.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

buttcrackmenace posted:

Don't die, thread! Breathe you son of a bit

...urbo

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
I am truly excited for the results of this rust removal.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
This has been the most amazing thread I've ever had the privilege of reading in all my years of being on the internet.

Go, 14, Go! I can't wait to see the touching reunion shot of Sims and The Truck as it rolls into his driveway in Florida while the neighbors look on in fear and awe....

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
What are you, his flat rate supervisor? Don't corner the man, let him work at his own pace!

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Somebody should've addressed a gas mask to danno in one of those care packages.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Hahahaha, I was the kind of kid who would run down a 700' driveway barefoot to check the mail on the first day of a real snow but gently caress if I'd ever go out there bare-rear end naked.

I salute your insanity, sir.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I've checked into my room, and made a tough but necessary decision.

I intend to live here for the rest of my days in this hotel. Sorry guys

...does the hotel know this?

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
God drat, son.

Thread delivered.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

DICK DICER posted:

Real talk i may be gone until about sept 3 because im going to Nevada as a combat mechanic to help someone hot enough to be a suicide girl right now make it there by monday or Tuesday so we can start work building a city in the middle of the loving desert designed to be a temple dedicated to sensory overload

:justpost:

THREADTHREADTHREADTHREADTHREAD.

I eagerly await the next chapter in the 14" Saga: Burning Man's 14" Dick.

(I'm in this for the schadenfreude and human drama, the truck is just an additional feature)

Faerunner fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 7, 2017

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Well gently caress, that's a real downer. I was wondering why he kept swinging around to check in on you. Seeing as how Danno barely mentioned his dad's involvement other than his ownership of the land last year I figured his dad was just kinda chill with letting the truck take its time going away. Is the property actively up for sale? Is he, like, worried about property values/showing the place with 14" hanging out there? I am confused by this apparently sudden turn of events.

Also I don't recommend attempting to tow a fully loaded Coleman camper with a bicycle.

Not that my recommendation means much; if the camper needs to move Dave will probably try it anyway (and it might work, honestly... looks like the whole thing weighs less than some of the tile pallets I move around at work). I don't envy him, though. That much weight is NOT going to stop with just bike brakes if something goes wrong. Good thing Nebraska is pretty drat flat!

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
A medium once told me that the crow was my spirit animal. I like shiny things and am a semi-intelligent rear end in a top hat so sure, why not. I am also really good at getting other people to do work for me just like the crows, who have figured out how to get humans to do things like open nuts by dropping them on the road at intersections and letting cars run them over.

Dick, you should befriend a crow. It can hold your tools while you're under the truck, and it can eat spiders and wasps for you. Crows are omnivorous, they'll eat just about anything if it gets close enough.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
If Dave and Danno and Sims can get a truck running in only 2 years, what the hell am I doing with my life. I don't even own a truck.

I feel the need to buy a beater truck and some GWAR albums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Well done, folks! This has been an epic indeed. 5s all around!

• Locked thread