Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

sharkytm posted:

Kinda like the infamous band of turkeys near where I live, who attacked a mail person every day. He just carried a stick and the tom would attack the end of the stick. The town government finally got fed up and killed the lead tom... that was the end of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItKrnhvALc4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That coat is you.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Lookin' good! The wiring is gonna be fun.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Dannywilson posted:

If you have the zipties, and you don't want possible crossfiring, making wire separators/guides is pretty easy and quick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkWyWaZn5Fg

You can probably harvest them from the van, even. The stock Chevy ones are high quality.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

ExplodingSims posted:

JEEP YOU SAY?

:fap:

How is it even possible to want a J-truck as much as I do?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

You're gonna trigger Ken, put that away.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
There is no Carol in HR.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Fermented Tinal posted:

So, is djdaddo13 the source of his son's madness? Are we about to get a bunch of pictures of another car horde?

Next week, djdaddo13 and 14 INCH DAD hang out together, drink beers, finish truck in an evening.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Like csb said, a Taurus e-fan probably isn't the worst idea.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
The alt surely has a ground, even if it's a GM one-wire.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Holy poo poo, stuff is happening. Keep it up!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

only got frostbite on my diiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Well, in Valentine they say, that Fourteen's fluid-filled lungs shrunk three sizes that day. And then the true meaning of Wrenchmas came through, and Fourteen got frostbite on his penis, plus two.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The concept of it being -10C and completely clear just fucks with my brain. Especially at midday. I've only ever been in -10C once and gently caress that poo poo.

Today it's a high of -20'C before windchill and we don't have snow falling, because it's too cold for the clouds to provide snow.

It is perfectly clear and blue skies.

Outside of the heat island that is my city, it is minus 40 with windchill, which is not enough to close a public school. They go to optional recess at that point, with the kids deciding whether they want to play inside today.

I am sorry that you have to rely on other creatures to experience the thrill of near death that I get just from stepping outside of my house and trying to scrape my windshield. We don't even have it all that bad because I can still start my car without plugging it in, though my blower motor didn't want to spin up this morning until the car had been running for a few minutes.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 8, 2016

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Plug wires have gotta be out of order or the dizzy is clocked weird.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

This thing is TBI, right? Oughtta be able to get a shot right in the mouth.

Get on the hood. Spit some nitromethane into the intake.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
IT'S REAL

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

AI is so weird. In PYF, when you ask for help, you get your opinion criticized to hell and back, ridiculed, or told to do the exact opposite of what you should do. In Games, they just tell you to GET GUD.

Here you strange people are, actually helping out. I don't get it.

Yeah but god forbid we are ever on the road together.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I thought you guys were already running aftermarket truck headers. Is that what the van came with?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

SEAT MAY HAVE FIXED THE ISSUE IN THE BEST RETARDED WAY POSSIBLE

AIM THE EXHAUST FORWARD

Up here we call this the "Ontario Defrost."

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Raluek posted:

Yeah I basically meant "try all the parts in all the orientations, including upside down and backwards, and one of them might clear."
And when I mentioned the truck Y-block exhaust configuration, I was talking about this:

poo poo that would have worked great too. Good call on that, maybe they'll still have to use it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

This is the stuff I live for.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

19 o'clock posted:

This discussion has brought me to watching an old internet classic, Driving on Salvia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNuJ0zaNUbk

That guy hosed it up all weird.

You want the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnwS5sPOzb0

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Time to move on, you've seen everything Valentine has to offer now.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

shy boy from chess club posted:

Napa rules for old car stuff. I don't even bother with the other places for that poo poo.

It's sort of bending my mind right now how hard it is to get parts for the '88 Town Car. It's a god drat five-liter V8 :patriot: body on frame luxobarge.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I have forgotten: what crazy insane bolt pattern or reason is preventing Dave from just junkyarding some normal wheels?

It's a 10-bolt, but what specific bolt pattern it is I have no idea. I don't think there's a lot of consumer pickups that use those.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

This is INCH 14, splash one bogie over

So modern. You gonna spraybomb the wheels now that it looks like it's warming up enough to use paint?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

WHY THE gently caress WOULD YOU DO THAT TO YOUR DICK???????????????????????????????????

How many loving times were you warned?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

A moment of silence. Danno just sold Jimmy.

It was necessary to get it away from you.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I love that you are using Panther Piss for decidedly off-label tasks now.

You should send your story in to them and see if you can get a free case.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Fermented Tinal posted:

Just wait until the drive home when some rando tries to flag you down/run you off the road just to get out and go "OH MY GOD YOU'RE 14 INCH DICK!"

14 INCH and the WAR BRIDE rolled to a stop in a backwoods town of Polk County, the SBC beneath the hood rattling off a frustrated huff of exhaust on throttle lift.

He had done it. Wiping the sweat from his brow and stretching across what was left of the bench seat in a futile attempt to rid himself of the steering-shake tremors that had dogged him all the way to the coast, he took a moment's reverie.

That was when the marching band fired up.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 23, 2016

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Liquid Communism posted:

Gentlemen, we cannot be a part of introducing 14" into the South Florida ecosystem freely.

Nature, red in tooth and claw, will ensure that he becomes the new Florida Man.

As the years went on, sociologists and writers flocked to Florida, now renamed Inchistan, in the desperate hope that someone, anyone, would be able to tell them what had happened that cold winter morning that He came to town.

Heavily guarded checkpoints, barring the only gates in 18-foot-tall concertina fence strung between four-foot-thick ramproof concrete pylons sunken into the ground, surrounded the NATO Exclusion Zone. Most were turned away at the first sign of opposition, unwilling to go up against the Army or, worse, the Irregulars for the sake of a Snapshouted Buzzfeed listicle about the hottest fashions in necklaces strung with severed ears.

Any remaining Army loyalists were sure to be jumpy, what with the whole succession crisis of the Presidency. Nobody had seen the President, the Vice President, or the Cabinet for months now, and even the White House was abandoned. I used to be in the Gallery, so I ended up with the assignment of investigating. They didn't even lock the front door, and a family of raccoons lived in what remained of the Oval Office, subsisting on leftover buffet snacks and discarded Macbook chargers. When I filed my final report on the mystery, my copy editor changed the entire body of the article to an ASCII smiley of a man shrugging. It got zero hits. America, it seemed, had simply thrown its hands up and decided it had better things to worry about. I was in one of those things right now, I thought with a bit of a jolt.

I was one of a small group that morning in 2019 who could not simply leave, not when they were so close to reconciling the difference in our minds between what we thought He was and what we saw He was. We stood next to a burning barrel, warming our hands as a cold, wet wind blew through the encampment outside the border to the Zone. Another journo, a real go-getter type named (I think?) Tom, showed me on his smartphone the choppy muzzle-camera video of a Predator drone's last sortie into the area before it was captured and parted out.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Dec 23, 2016

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

THERES BULLSHIT SIDEWAYS WET HAIL AND A LIGHTNING STORM GOING OFF OVER DANS HOUSE THE WHOLE YARD FLASHED PURPLE

Do you not have Santa on the west coast??? :confused:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

We very well may have just solved the final major hurdle aside from raw manpower and waiting a few days in town for the updated registration sticker to show in the mail.

Seat was the one who told me to go scavenge the other dead cars on the lot. Seat is a Good Boy, Yes He Is

Between the headers and the pedal bracket I'm thinking we need to start our own show that's a cross between Mythbusters and 16 And Pregnant.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
The Ritz has to happen.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Worst case we can loot the sound chip from the dashboard and make it say "PENIS" over and over again. The resulting YouTube ad money will pay for a Chinook extraction flight.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

angryrobots posted:

Given the narrow dimensions of this truck wouldn't an inline motor be the best for permanent fitment? Maybe a Cummins?
RB26DETT

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

everdave posted:

Dude you need to make it over to the Dr. Deglove thread. Enjoy the ride!

I sort of envy people who can experience the 14 INCH RIDE from the start.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Art.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I had everything ready to record this today but there is no way in hell I'm gonna be able to top that. drat, son.

You could do the lounge version.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Don't worry, I know a guy who's great with brush fires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

wesleywillis posted:

God I hope you make it to Valentine and then on to Florida with the running truck.
This story needs a conclusion so that my song will be true.

Get started writing the Broadway musical. Andrew Lloyd Webber can kiss our asses.

• Locked thread