Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

19 o'clock posted:

Can we source 500 human skulls to adhere to the outside prior to its leaving for Florida?

Doing my best.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

um excuse me posted:

Serious answer: I think they overlaid two or three truck horn sets at different chords to make a harmonic tone. You effectively need, like, 9 horns to replicate it.

Who's got $80 to burn?

http://www.boomblasters.com/cinematic-war-horn-sounds-car-horn-p-499.html

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Yay! Merry birthday, 14". That necklace, the peppers are polymer clay colored with real cayenne/chile powder.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Oh hell yeah

I've had that Matchbox truck since I was a wee girl back in the 70's. (Trucks were the best for racing on Hot Wheels tracks because of the weight. All the boys would laugh at me as they pulled out their '79 Firebirds, but me and my dump truck always had the last laugh.) I'm about to be evicted soon as I'm unemployed and owe a fuckton of rent, and I wanted it to be in good hands. Put it in the wartruck as a totem.

I make fruit butters that I sell on SA-Mart, and someone from this thread (I'll keep it anonymous unless they say otherwise) ordered some. I suggested "hey, if you wanna kick in for shipping, I'll send 14 some stuff", and they made a generous donation that covered shipping and then some. I grow my own ghost, habanero, and other peppers, and had some stuff canned from the summer harvest. Figured 14 would need a little more spice to keep him warm. (Have you tried what I call The Sexy Girl Noodles yet? God, I love those. Tried to find you the hottest ramen my Little Korea has to offer)

if I could only put this on kickstarter

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I understand people have their own expenses so I don't make this post cavalierly, or even sunbirdy

Also, I've been meaning to give this post a thumbs up because I literally :lol: at it. I'm the proud owner of a 2001 Cavalier, and at one point my sister had a 2002 Sunbird, same color even, and getting in her car or looking under the hood was some uncanny valley poo poo. So I totally got that joke and appreciated it immensely.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Dec 21, 2016

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

How The Inch Stole Christmas

Merry Xmas to 14", Danno, ExplodingRims (:haw:) and all the AI goons who made this holiday miracle happen.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 25, 2016

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

I need some combo of :kimchi: and :stare:

If anyone deserved that last jar of sauce, it was you, 14. Safe travels to you (and your butt, and the poor people on the plane getting maced by your butt), and all my best wishes for a good new year.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

HandlingByJebus posted:

Dave!
The man they call Dave!
He turned every wrench and built Sims a truck
Stood up to the wind and din't give a gently caress
Our love for him now, weren't hardly foreseen,
The hero of AI, the man they call 14!

Came here to post my own tribute, and I gotta follow that act. Sheesh. :argh:

Anyways, more than a few goons have asked me if they can get their black-thumbed mitts on that ghost pepper sauce 14's been chugging. Sadly, no, that was the last of the 2016 run. But I did still have some habanero puree from this season, and, well, this just happened

(Carrots are the usual base for habanero sauce, but after staring at the word so long while futzing with the label, all I see is Car Rot. So I guess it's still pretty AI)

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jan 2, 2017

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

We interrupt this program to give you a word from our sponsor

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796226

Many thanks to Chicken and Metal for the linkage, though truth be told I actually vastly prefer selling thru SA-Mart because it doesn't eat the service fees that Etsy does. Plus, as many folks can attest, I love to send my goons free goodies.

WE NOW RETURN YOU TO EXHAUST(ing your colon after too much hot sauce) CHAT

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

also if you are showing this thread to a friend without playing Ennio Morricone's "The Ecstasy of Gold" on a loop I don't know what's wrong with you

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jan 3, 2017

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

What's 14's ETA in N Platte, and what is the Rosie status, HBJ?

guess it's time to fire up the hot sauce cannery :black101:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Once 14's safely ensconced in valentine, can he still get packages at that addy?
I lost my job a couple weeks ago so I can't send money, but I can still send hot sauce. Guy has gotta keep warm (and farting)

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

slothrop posted:

Oh my. I had forgotten about the hot sauce. :kimchi:

Those yt videos he did were loving gold as far as marketing my sauce. Least I can do is send him some of the latest batch. It'll start up his internal combustion engine :getin:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

quote:

Capsaicin, the same chemical that makes you sweat and your eyes water when you eat hot peppers or Tabasco hot sauce, is the active ingredient of Tabasco and other hot-pepper insecticides. It doesn't affect insects in the same way that it does mammals, however. According to the National Pesticide Information Center, capsaicin appears to disrupt metabolic processes, damage membranes and cause nervous system dysfunction.

Was already gonna make a new batch of hot sauce for 14 (and anyone else interested) this weekend, I just scored some beautiful habs, ghosts, and Carolina reapers. Now it is clearly imperative in the war against dave's insect overlords (if nothing else the gas attack alone should fumigate the trailer)

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

DICK DICER posted:

Another goon memento that survived the purge. The memory why I saved this is long gone so if you recognise it (....hot sauce goon maybe?) Please fill me back in

Awww, I'm so chuffed you saved that! Yeah, I'm the hot sauce goonette who sent you that for good luck because as this person correctly recalls (and holy poo poo, I can't believe anyone remembered this)

Breakfast Feud posted:

also iirc that dumptruck toy car thing was some neighbourhood hotwheels track champion
That bad boy earned this gal mad cred in the schoolyard Matchbox races. But seriously, I'm tickled pink that it's back at the trukk with you. :kimchi:

In other news, because

a dozen AI posters posted:

Yo Imma need some of that hot sauce.
I made two batches yesterday. One is pretty much* the infamous 14" Carrot Gold I made for Dave's last outing to Valentine. Carrot base, habaneros and yellow fatales. The other is named

because it's red (tomato/bell pepper base, with Carolina Reapers), and that's actually what my Cavalier's temp gauge looks like every time I go more than a mile. (She's in the shop, please keep her in your prayers)

Gonna work on making a snazzy SA Mart thread for them, but if any one wants to pre-order, shoot me a PM. :getin:

Also if someone can shoot me a PM with Dave's address and/or wants to sponsor him a jar so we can again enjoy videos of him doing straight shots of it and watch his capillaries redline, I'd appreciate it!

*I say "pretty much" bc I lost the exact recipe when I moved, but if you got it before, I guarantee you'll like this batch as well. Same flavor, possibly even more heat because I used the fatales.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 24, 2017

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

So I'm printing the new labels for this year's 14" Carrot Gold hot sauce, and chuckling for a second time on how carrot = car rot.

Big thanks to all the AI goons who pre-ordered, and especially those who kicked a lil' extra for 14's care package (if you can call weapons grade hot sauce "care"). All y'all's sauces should be shipping tomorrow.

Anyone have a handy link to 14's youtube vids of doing shots of my hot sauce last year? I had 'em bookmarked on a laptop that is sadly no longer with us, and my google-fu is failing me.

Also if anyone can come up with a clever name for my new SA-Mart thread for hot sauce sales, I'm all (burning) ears.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Sims, what part of Virginia? If you're anywhere near Roanoke, I should very much like to buy you a beer or three.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Mar 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm going to the training facility in a town called Lyndhurst
I have no idea where that is in relation to Roanoke. :v:

Yeah, as shortbus said, you're about 90 minutes from me. You're pretty close to Charlottesville, though, which is a pretty nice college town with stuff to do, things to eat/drink, a city square with neat shops, etc. If beers are indeed your jam, craft breweries are exploding right now in VA. Parkway Brewery, near me, hosts live music all the time, everything from country to electronic ambient.

You seem to like exploring and photographing cool nature stuff, which we have in spades here in the western parts of the state. If you want to take a little daytrip on your downtime to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway, my offer of a meetup stands!

Pop over to the VA/WV regional thread, lots of friendly VA goons there that can probably point you in the direction of fun things to do (or crappy things to avoid) close to where you'll be staying.

Link: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032597

• Locked thread