Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

Dagen H posted:

"Construction? On MY I-94?"
It's more likely than you think!

Suggest the southern route to keep as far from Chicago traffic as possible. Wish I were closer, I'd offer beer or something.

Also this was my new favorite project thread even before it took a turn for the fantastic. So excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008
Re-use of the rims also assumes that they are salvageable. On an ebay truck that has been sitting in a field for however long.

If it were me I'd assume they are shot and plan accordingly... but then I also wouldn't be making this thread, so more power to you either way.

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

14 BAR RIFF posted:

There's another guy on YouTube too called the bong druid of mammoth weed mountain I think. Anyhoo Space Fisters Vol. 1, check that poo poo out

Name is correct. Is the guy who uploaded this, which I thought I'd share.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rls1Cm92is

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

I need this car. I need this car so I can drive everywhere, 5mph under the speed limit, in a suit, tie and fedora with a look of glazed smugness. Apparently this is what I want to do with my life, now.

Can someone tell me what this is, though? Searching "split window coupe" just gets me a bunch of loving corvettes.

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008
Ah, looks right. Thanks.

Man, cars from that era just had no idea what to do with the rear end end, did they?

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008
At minimum, weld one muffler on each side, just off enough from straight up to prevent most water/snow entrance, and leave the hood in the rear. Or would that do basically nothing, sound-wise?

14 BAR RIFF posted:

and then a woman whispered into my ear.

"This is where it gets really weird."

This isn't the last thing you hear before waking up every morning? My dreams, shattered.

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008
I'm worried about reducing the weight in the back too much over snowy/freezing roads. Before, there was going to be a car or jeep in the back, now it's just empty.

Or am I overthinking on something this heavy overall?

Also, this thing have a functional cigarette lighter? Because an electric car blanket might not be amiss.

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

Red_October_7000 posted:

Naw dude it's supposed to be the doohickey they use to measure your feet. That's what it should be.

Brannock device.

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

id say the first things to do for the next couple of days is fix the popup and get his package. and speaking of... didnt greyhound insist it could not be delivered to that bus stop in north platte??

Yuuup. That's why he was heading to Ogalalllaa in the first place.

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

Tremek posted:

Dumb question: Can the truck be flat-towed in neutral, or with one axle up on a heavy-duty dolly?

Second half of that got missed, I think. I see wreckers hauling semi cabs and full school busses around here with the front wheels up, is that an option somehow? Couldn't do it on the way to Valentine because the wheels were shot, but there are four new ones now if I recall.

Also seconding the southern route. Nice, flat and boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008
I'd like to thank everyone for their music recommendations, there's a lot of good stuff here.

Really enjoyed Nekrogoblikon, and I think I need to lock myself in a room with a couple Igorrr albums and see what emerges.

Feel like I could get laughed out of this thread for recommending :Wumpscut:, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, or Emperor, and that delights me.

• Locked thread