Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Just because it looks like a rabbit doesn't mean it's not a skinwalker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

ExplodingSims posted:

Pretty much, yeah. This is the kinda stuff used in factories to keep giant walks in cold, or tons of product chilled, or running process chillers.

The first time I saw an ammonia cooling system was a brewery tour, apparently Point Brewery in Steven's Point, WI still uses it. The pipes didn't look all that well maintained, to be honest. I figured it was for fermentation control, and chilling the bright tanks, now I bet it also did the cold warehouse storage too.

You can see the German march across Wisconsin by the founding date of the massive older breweries. You can also see the incremental change in technology, too. :v:

• Locked thread