Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

rscott posted:

Who's Randall Flagg in this one

I figured it would be 14" himself. The Walking Dude (because his car poo poo out again)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

This thread is a large part of why I just bought a non running Datsun, so good job.

Mine only had to go 50 yards to get home, though, not 2000 miles. Shine on you crazy diamonds.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

QuarkMartial posted:

My girlfriend tried that one time thinking she would get a million dollars. It didn't really work out though.

Mr Lebowski?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Fermented Tinal posted:

If I went to my local Napa and asked for premixed coolant they'd probably stare at me like I was nuts and then tell me to use a garden hose and a bucket like a normal person.

A garden hose? That's loving criminal, man; distilled is only like $0.99/gallon and then you don't get lovely mineral deposits inside your cooling system.

My Studebaker was turbo-hosed with 40+ years of garden hose water; luckily vinegar is also like $0.99/gallon and solves the problem pretty well.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

You're not throwing out the engine, are you? I've got a soft spot for inline engines, I think they're cool as gently caress. Is that a 6 or an 8?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Larrymer posted:

My last bus trip (greyhound, only about a 5-6 hour ride) I decided I'd never do that poo poo again. :v: I don't know why people on the bus are always crazy people.

I've always assumed it's because crazy people get banned from flying for being crazy, but Greyhound just looks the other way cause they need the fares.

Also it's way easier to bring your personal supply of whatever drugs you prefer on the bus.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

ReelBigLizard posted:

Being productive is the best therapy.

Can we team up with some video production goons and make our own 14-inch / warboys themed roadkill-a-like youtube show where we send 14 around the country in a war-rig RV, buying random clunkers and getting them running? I'd patreon that poo poo in a heartbeat.

Get SSS to summarize the thread (with pictures) and send the document to Freiburger. Seems like they can get a camera crew out to most anywhere.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

14", I've made an avatar-sized version... if you don't want it yourself, I might buy myself a new avatar and support this dead gay forum.

Edit: trying to decide on the most appropriate text for it. "WITNESS ME" might be enough.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Dude all I can smell in dannos house is this solid wall of angry turd from earlier

Burn down the house to hide your tracks

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Does the guy want to sell his Studebaker truck?

Also did you see any 280ZXes in what is apparently the junk car promised land?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

nm posted:

Any 70s or 80s Japanese metal in that part of the country became one with the earth long ago.

All I need is the transmission, if the rest of the car dissolved around it that just makes it easier.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

14 BAR RIFF posted:

*start of lonely island great day* IDUNNOWHY BUT IT FEELS LIKE ITS GONNA BE A GREAT DAY *m80 used for sounding plug detonates*

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

ExplodingSims posted:

A man you meet a crossroads with an offer for you? I think I know what he looks like:

Thanks to you guys I re-watched this last night.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

14", you don't have PMs so I'm just going to drop this in here and maybe some other Washington folks will also chime in. ExplodingSims, hope you don't mind, I just wanted to make sure Dick sees it.

I'm going to be in Washington over Christmas, and since I'm coming up pretty empty here in NM it might be a good time to try and find a 280ZX transmission. Can you recommend any salvage yards? I'd be willing to pay a bit more at a place that pulls the parts themselves so I don't have to lay in the December rain as a rusty Datsun slowly pushes my jack into the mud. If I can get a couple candidates, I can contact them now and see what they've got.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

ExplodingSims posted:

But I don't think that will fit, as even this V8 is a pretty tight fit. But, Kastien suggested the L18, which based on what I've seen, does look like it'll fit.

I mean, I guess the L18 will fit, but you might be a little down on power:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Do you have a block heater on that fucker? I assume it wouldn't hurt to have warmer oil when you're trying to start it.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Specifically, this part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azPKIjxmmdU&t=646s

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

AI is so weird. In PYF, when you ask for help, you get your opinion criticized to hell and back, ridiculed, or told to do the exact opposite of what you should do. In Games, they just tell you to GET GUD.

Here you strange people are, actually helping out. I don't get it.

Why would you ask anything in PYF? That's the forum for people who would list their interests as "Buzzfeed lists", "the 90s", and "Netflix"; if they knew anything about anything, they'd be posting in a different forum.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Fermented Tinal posted:

Why am I hesitant to google this?

The secret of juggalo baby coffins is that they're just styrofoam beer coolers, which is another reason 14" should fill the back of the truck with them.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I may have sneezed and bought 46,000 lb of beef accidentally but the price per pound was a steal!

Livestock auctions are a good time. They were more fun back when you could smoke indoors and the whole auction house would be a constant roil of cigarette smoke as 200 old farmers puffed furiously and tried to squint through the fog at what they were bidding on.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

My uncle's Christmas card reminded me of the thread:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Krakkles posted:

So what's with the cops talking to the bus driver in pics on facebook?

Dick emits a homing signal to police. He interacts with cops 100x more frequently than anyone I've met, so I'm not really surprised he's running into them just sitting on the bus.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Deteriorata posted:

"If you use meth you can never go to the dentist again" seems a bit unrealistic.

Billboards and TV ads with pictures of meth users appear to support this conclusion. :v:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

DICK DICER posted:

43 degrees when I woke up this morning :hellyeah:

Stay safe, poverty mechanic.

Were you warm enough? You mentioned a 0 degree sleeping bag which should be good for a while. Someone else said those popup campers have a (gas?) heater; do you know if yours works, for when the weather gets even colder?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

There are waffle houses in Amarillo and a Huddle House in Lubbock in a former Waffle House building. There are a few in Albuquerque as well. I didn't bother looking further west, but it's a safe assumption there are waffle houses in California as well.

There are two here in Albuquerque. To my shame I've never gone. There are no Waffle houses in California, although there are some in Arizona.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I don't know about the waffle houses, but the Standard Diner in Albuquerque was pretty good when I was last out that way.

Yeah but that's like a totally different category from Waffle House.

I've been meaning to try the diner on Central they kept using in Breaking Bad, it looks like just the right level of slightly run down that the food could be both cheap and good.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I hope whoever sent the jerky included a shitload of dental floss.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

cakesmith handyman posted:

How big is the fuel filter? And if so how did you lose it?

Didn't have a flared base...

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Panaflex posted:

Anyone who saw the recent live video in the Facebook group knows what Dave did with those hot sauces.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Didn't have a flared base...

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

`Nemesis posted:

Thanks friend.

Not sure if I am gonna keep it - after buying it I noticed that someone in yospos has the same one. I really like it though.....

are you a six-figgy fucktard y/n

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I wish Albuquerque was on the route because I'd set you guys up with some good loving beer and some good loving New Mexican food.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Dear god finding New Mexican food in DFW is difficult (regular Mexican food is pretty easy to find). I know of one place where the owner is from Canutillo (TX, but it's right on the border of NM), food there is decent. About as close to home as I've been able to find here.

I've made this recipe a couple times and it's quite good. A little bit involved, but very flavorful. http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/12/carne-adovada-adobada-chili-braised-pork-recipe.html

I'm making it today, in fact. Didn't have any orange juice concentrate so I just added a little bit of sugar to balance things out.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

DICK DICER posted:

We ran over a deer

LOOKS LIKE MEAT'S BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

14" at the pancake printer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkjbMoj0JY4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

ahem - chicken fried steak.

I never heard it called country fried before I moved to Florida.

It's not super consistent but theoretically I think chicken fried = deep fried, country fried = pan fried.

Chicken fried is superior.

• Locked thread