Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit
Serious offer pay my way start to finish and i'll ride shotgun with tools. I need no compensaton otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm open to any part of the midwest. Any thing that doesn't involve shipping costs in the $3000+ range I'd the goal here.

:frogon:

I'm listening.

IF I'M GONNA DIE, I'M GONNA DO IT ALL HISTORIC IN A FORUMS POST

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit
My only hang up is May 12th I have a critical absolutely can not miss appointment for DSHS, so I'm literally wide open up to and after that day. Basically I'm saying get me there and guarantee me getting home, and work rations of Camels and literally any cheap food you'd feel like kicking my way, and in return you buy literally anything all the way up to spitting raw nitro into superchargers and entry into Valhalla itself.

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit
I used literally 3 seperate times so you know I'm either serious or insane CHOOSE WISELY PINKY SWEAR I WON'T MAKE YOU INTO A SKIN SUIT

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit

leica posted:

That's actually a pretty good idea.

The only issue I see is getting Dick's tools there and back, unless he just takes whatever he can with him on the plane.

It would be ideal to have his entire set at his disposal but I don't see how that could be feasible.

I was considering just a triage bag of essentials, with the basic or oddball poo poo up to the dude who thinks this is a good idea. Like my Snap On ratchets, a select set of sockets, etc.

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit
hail satan

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit
My thoughts are finding out what engine and trans are as close to a bolt in as possible to ensure a working clutch because gently caress all that work if we can't even get it to move after a motor swap.

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit
Also very very serous those bias plies have to loving go.

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit
I'd be willing to take a crack at installing them to be honest, I'm aware of the risks and could and would treat them like they were actively trying to kill me. The rubber was my concern.

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit
I've read up on the process, and it's basically like anything else that could kill my rear end instantly. Make sure it's clean. Make sure you are deliberate and not cut corners.

KNOW AND RESPECT THE TRAJECTORY DANGER ZONE (click me)

I mean I did do tires for a decade, I know what I'm doing I'M A PROFESSIONAL

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Christ almighty I feel like someone slipped amphetamines into AI's Raisin Bran this year and now we're all just trying to turn it up to 11.

How do you safely de rust a split rim for cleaning? Wire brush and prayer?

The doctor didn't buy that excuse :(

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit
I guarantee if we can get a compressor set up, possibly rent a generator, I can fab up a long reach air line http://m.audiko.com/ringtone/mad-max-fury-road---buzzards-arrive/war-rig?ring=37322963 and we just play dodge the incoming rounds on their way back.

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit
I just need to find out a little bit more on actual time lines and dates as well and I'll get ahold of people offering with my details

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit
The owner of the Gremlin I've posted about is very seriously weighing quitting his job and flying himself out with me to participate.

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit
Truck of Longinus

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit
See about vacuum booster installs as well.

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit
I don't have PMS on this account so anyone wanting to talk details about the truck can text me 408 499 1357

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit

Larrymer posted:

This is crazy and I can't see it ending well, but godspeed. Why the hell didn't you just get it shipped to Florida? Just for the experience?

I don't understand the question being asked

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit

Larrymer posted:

Oh I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap. But buying everything this truck needs to be road worthy up front may be a little more hard to swallow vs. a one time shipping cost. Multiple plane tickets, getting parts that you don't even know you need yet in a town you're not from? Too many unknowns for me.

I'm automotive sanity, don't mind me. :haw:

You're right, I'll drive the Civic out there instead :v:

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit
Camaro has to get sold to pay for storage and rent and other odds and ends or I would, it'd make it loaded with tools no problem.

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit

hail satan

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit

Rhyno posted:

Where do I mail my jar of change to help fund this?

The last house on the left. Postman'll make sure it gets where it needs to.

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Be careful with the progression, each decision must be worse than the last... don't wanna blow your wad up front unless you have that kind of staying power.

Hi, nice to meat you.

God drat it I can't wait.

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit

Darchangel posted:

Unless I'm very much mistaken, those aren't split-rims, so you don't have to worry about that, at least.

Chance of some oil in the rear still, maybe? It's not completely dry...

Isn't this the lock ring? And tires from 1998 BEST CASE scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garbage Dick
Mar 27, 2015

by Hand Knit
"Sally."

A mutter.

"Wake up now, Sally."

A louder mutter: leeme lone.

He shook her harder.

"Wake up. You got to wake up!"

Seat.

Seat's voice. Calling her. For how long?

Sally swam up out of sleep.

First she glanced at the clock on the night table and saw it was quarter past two in the morning. Seat shouldn't even be here; he should be on shift. Then she got her first good look at him and something leaped up inside her, some deadly intuition.

Her husband was deathly pale. His eyes started and bulged from their sockets. The car keys were in one hand. He was still using the other to shake her, although her eyes were open. It was as if he hadn't been able to register the fact that she was awake.

"Seat, what is it? What's wrong?"

He didn't seem to know what to say. His Adam's apple bobbed futilely but there was no sound in the small service bungalow but the ticking of the clock.

"Is it a fire?" she asked stupidly. It was the only thing she could think of which might have put him in such a state. She knew his parents had perished in a housefire.

"In a way," he said. "In a way it's worse. You got to get dressed, honey. Get IoC. We got to get out of here."

"Why?" she asked, getting out of bed. Dark fear had seized her. Nothing seemed right. This was like a dream. "Where? You mean the back yard?" But she knew it wasn't the back yard. She had never seen Seat look afraid like this. She drew a deep breath and could smell no smoke or burning.

"Sally, honey, don't ask questions. We have to get away. Far away. You just go get Baby IoC and get him dressed."

"But should I . . . is there time to pack?"

This seemed to stop him. To derail him somehow. She thought she was as afraid as she could be, but apparently she wasn't. She recognized that what she had taken for fright on his part was closer to raw panic. He ran a distracted hand through his hair and replied, "I don't know. I'll have to test the wind."

And he left her with this bizarre statement which meant nothing to her, left her standing cold and afraid and disoriented in her bare feet and babydoll nightie. It was as if he had gone mad. What did testing the wind have to do with whether or not she had time to pack? And where was far away? Reno? Vegas? Salt Lake City? And . . .

She put her hand against her throat as a new idea struck her.

AWOL.

Leaving in the middle of the night meant Seat was planning to go AWOL.

• Locked thread