Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
You guys aren't thinking outside the box. Not enough fan blades.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lycoming+t53

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I can only hope my donation will tip the scales from buzzed to inebriated while working. Or just help fund a terrible idea for the truck. I'm game for whatever.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I would hope no one in the thread was assuming it'd fire the first try. I would have been pleasantly surprised if it did, considering how much of the wiring harness you built. Tomorrow is another day.

But on the plus side, I'm getting so much good drat work on my car done because of this thread. I complain that it's 40 degrees and dark when I get out of work but then remember the bullshit you're dealing with and get my rear end out the door. So thanks.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

As Nero Danced posted:

Does anyone know how to find the horn used in the war rig for Fury Road? That'd be my choice.

Serious answer: I think they overlaid two or three truck horn sets at different chords to make a harmonic tone. You effectively need, like, 9 horns to replicate it.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
*flicks crackpipe at u*

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Deteriorata posted:

It says it does. 3-8 business days, though.

Ed: I'm still waiting for Dave or somebody to tell us what's needed. I'm thinking something like this at TV would handle most needs:

Holy poo poo don't buy this I have these. They have a lifetime warranty but I have gone through 2 1/4 ratchets and five 3/8 drive ratchets. They loving suck. And I am stuck with them forever.

The case is garbage and doesn't hold pieces either.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I used to go into rooms where the stuff was aerosolized. Like a morning fog. I'd don level B SCBA and descend into it as a designated emergency responder. Sometimes I'd feel itchy, like people phobic or insects or spiders do, and get paranoid. HF doesn't hurt until hours after exposure and by then it's generally too late. If I got the itches it was time to wash up in calcium gluconate. The damage to worry about wasn't the skin burns, it decalcifies bones and is extremely carninogenic. Super scary stuff. It evacuated the lab I worked in about 5 times a year.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DICK DICER posted:

100 miles or so to the Florida boner.

That's what I read, yet it's still not wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So I'm curious what the state of the wiring is in. I remember the first time Dave had to leave the truck he was scrambling just to get it started and he posted a pretty disturbing photo of the wiring job. Questionable automotive wiring terrifies me more than death.

• Locked thread