Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

CommieGIR posted:

I support the two stroke Detroit with a dual shifter box.

Seconded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2zwd1iazvU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

14 BAR RIFF posted:

So since I don't have to worry about rent, a couple hundred bucks in side jobs will handle the rest of my storage and bills.

How does AI feel about throwing in on a guzzoline fund for the last of the V6 Interceptors loaded with every last tool I can fit.

Book time says 20 hours to Nebraska.

Bet I can beat it.

I'm in.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Raluek posted:

Can you get one of those if you don't own the car in question (on paper)? Lost title means it "belongs" to someone else, technically, yes?

I would just get a bill of sale and carry that and a printout of the craigslist ad.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Raluek posted:

You can if it's pre-1975, in practice, and you can if it was pre-smog (so like mid-60s and before?) 100% legally.

Yeah you're technically supposed to keep any existing OEM emissions equipment intact on all vehicles back to 1966. But since only 1976 and later vehicles are inspected no one ever abides by that rule for 1966-1975. Also you can't swap an older motor into a newer vehicle. The motor has to be the same manufacture year or newer than the receiving vehicle.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Is there a way to pin or link this thread and 14's AMX HEADROOM INCIDENT thread together or would that be like crossing the streams (and that would be bad).?

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

I know most are freaking out that 14 is missing the bulk of this but I sincerely believe putting it in the big truck and getting all the fiddly bits to play nice for a long haul to Florida is going to require as many creative minds as possible. We're trying to get 14 on a bus or some other form of transport in the other thread since savior Jeep is causing problems. Is there any clear way already established to get funds to 14?

Panaflex fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Oct 29, 2016

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

The Eagle has landed indeed and closed the other thread for some reasons! Ok please let us know where we are to follow along at home next.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

That's a good assumption. Amazing journey 14! Get some rest.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

I'm venturing a guess that their suggested "MobilOil 10w" should be non-detergent.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

I'm bumping this post from way back in May because it's awesome and closer to truth than we ever thought it would be...

rndmnmbr posted:

If there was one thing you could absolutely trust 14" to do, it was walk into the mouth of madness and bring something hosed up but functional back out.

The replacement engine, a Chevy 292, was waiting on them when they arrived. 14" just shrugged, downed another foil package of Chinese off-brand herbal ADHD medications, and said "It's a start."

Where he acquired a Wärtsilä RTA96C in the middle of Nebraska - let alone the eight Lycoming radials powering the massive roots blower feeding air into the monstrosity - we will never know. The 292 did get used, powering the fuel pump delivering 637.3 gallons of nitromethane per minute the hulk required. We did discover where the twin Pratt & Whitney F119 turbojet engines powering the turbos came from - the Army still tells tales of the madman with an impact driver they couldn't stop with a tank that exciting July night. And surprisingly, it all fit in the truck, although lesser men would be driven mad with just a glimpse of the non-Euclidean geometry under the hood.

The steering wheel in the cab was the tiniest wheel they could order out of China, in order to fit the bewildering array of shifters surrounding the driver's seat. He started with the gearbox from the ship, tied to a vast array of 15-speed truck transmissions, hydrostatic drives stolen in broad daylight from three different tractor shops, and Lenco planetary gearsets swiped from research labs in Japan.

No one else had the balls to crawl into the driver's seat. But 14", when he goosed that big ship engine and eased out on all three clutches, the steel Abrahms tank treads that replaced the rear wheels would leave burnout marks six inches deep on reinforced concrete.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Heat treated tools. heh...

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

^^^ Agreed! this is cool...

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

My first car was a 63 Newport. 383 two bbl with factory a/c and pushbutton automatic trans. I miss that boat. 3 bedroom two bath pretty much.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Danno is clearly a mopar fan! My parents were 80's Mopar people as well. Nice to see that Daytona. My Dad had an '83 Turismo that he crashed and replaced it with an
86 LeBaron GTS. I'll never forget that 2.2 "TURBO" valve cover. Also Dad's Lebaron had the pull ring on the shifter to get into reverse. His Turismo had a push lockout.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Couldn't fit a Detroit diesel in there?

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Perfect time for a cold start....:dance:

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Sent some scratch to help keep this project moving, unlike the Jimmy that is stuck in the driveway.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

My last communication with 14.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

everdave posted:

I have texted 14 and Tremek the Denver goon has his # haven't heard back from 14 he may be asleep at hotel experimenting with roadside datura :shroom:.

Let's hope not though.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Who is collecting to compensate for Tremek and Jebus for their efforts. I sent Everdave a few dollars the other night for 14 inch hotel but these other two goons need to be compensated for their selfless work. While I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and take some responsibility I cannot right now aside from sending some funds.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Agreed. DJDanno's absence from these recent developments is a bit of a worry.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

I'd be shocked if Danno and his father haven't been talking. I just think it would help the situation all around if we knew everyone's perspective... Dan's dad, Dan's and of course we know Dave's and Sim's already.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

My 2 year old daughter just pointed to 14's avatar and said "That's Ice Cream!"

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Applesnots posted:

They were talking about Valentine on NPR when i Was driving a bit ago.Something about a big fancy brewery opening

This is a neat! Amazing that Valentine makes an NPR story.
http://www.npr.org/2017/09/28/554331255/build-a-brewery-and-they-will-come

edit: They're hiring! 14 should go over there and apply.

Panaflex fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 29, 2017

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Scheduling a propane delivery might be the way to go. Not sure about Nebraska propane policies but here in California portable tanks, if transported to a filling station can only be filled if the tank is less than seven years past the date stamped on the handle. Same goes for trying to exchange an old tank for a new one with blue rhino or any of those other tank exchange programs. Having said that, if the tank is not being transported and is filled while on private property the expiration date and lack of overfill protection doesn't apply. I have tanks around here that are 20 years old and the propane truck driver just fills them no questions asked.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

So your back to being allowed to stay?

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

He just needs to wash it down with a glass of raw eggs.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Chiming in to say if Dave passes away due to his consumption of the perfectly legal off the grocery shelf non perishable liquid food items I shipped to him, I am not responsible. Anyone who saw the recent live video in the Facebook group knows what Dave did with those hot sauces.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Oh the neighbors are going to love you. Is 14 going to set up camp on the front lawn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww *tear* :)

• Locked thread