Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/13137557_234917533532923_488413986_n.mp4
I only have this to add.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
That interior is identical to Fish's van in VA. Vacuum and all...

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Perfect in every way...

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I think I saw a BMW owner! :haw:

This was definitely the way it ran.

https://youtu.be/JxDKv1McO0w

Porcupine are really cool creatures. I've seen them running across the road in Downeast Maine. If there are porcs, there might be fishers (fisher cats). Run if you see one of those. They're the size of a cat, but are basically the North American equivalent of the honey badger. They also eat porcupines... from the inside out.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

kastein posted:

Those motherfuckers exist only to average out the niceness of all the canadian humans.

What I am saying is gently caress canadian geese, god drat.

The geese don't have a nationality. They're Canada Geese.
:eng101:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

This times a thousand. The place I work is kind of a mini green space and also a tourist destination. The geese set up nests in the spring right smack dab next to heavily used pathways, and spend the next month aggressively loving up people who walk past. It is somewhat satisfying to watch idiot parents stand, ipads filming, while encouraging little darling junior to chase after the geese/goslings. If the kid is really little I will stop it, but with older kids it's too great watching the inevitable play out.

When I did land survey work, we'd inevitably come across the loving goose nests near the water. They get angry as hell, but if you've got a survey pole, they'll just attack that instead of you.

Kinda like the infamous band of turkeys near where I live, who attacked a mail person every day. He just carried a stick and the tom would attack the end of the stick. The town government finally got fed up and killed the lead tom... that was the end of that.

They also poo poo on every-drat-thing, which causes a slip/trip menace as well as some nasty bacterial issues.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

https://youtu.be/5MjgQiYyApo

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Weather looks nice on Saturday. 60°F...

Paypal incoming. Don't use it for booze.
Use it for booze

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
There's nothing wrong with the heatshrink crimps. Nothing at all. Use proper tooling and heat them with a heat gun, not a lighter.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Did you get my moneys?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Lol I just coughed and made a new friend.

I will name him Sticky and we will be the best of friends. He'll hang with me even if it's windy. Oh Sticky, our smooshy friendship will be everlasting.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

djdanno13 posted:

Soooo..... about the truck guys.

Yes? YES?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Hypnolobster posted:

Either it started or burst into flames.

That'd be a letdown.

Kinda expected, but a letdown nonetheless.

Like a Phoenix! Arise from the ashes.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Faster, my F5 key is wearing out. All this edging, there better be a worthwhile climax.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Til 'morrow! Good work Dave, get some sleep.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Starting fluid is an iffy bet. If the timing is way off or plugs are out of order, it could blow the intake off.

It might not hurt, however, just a dab 'll do ya.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
loving awesome.
That "gently caress yeah!" Is the best thing I've heard in a while. Congrats.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Bon voyage, my friend, bon voyage. The truck will wait for another warmer day.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
No, thank you.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Motherfuckers flying me first class :wow:

I wish I had points to contribute, but bless Adiabatic! Those smug fuckers in the front of the plane have no idea what they're in for.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

ExplodingSims posted:

So, LQ4 and LQ9 are in the running, and L18 is hanging around in the back like a creepy uncle, but what are thoughts on the 6.6L Duramax?

Seems like it makes pretty decent power, and doesn't look like it's much bigger than the 350 that's in there now. Also seems to be a few tales of people making a successful swap.

Duramax's command a high price, and the A1000 is loving expensive. Both need very complicated brains. They're a great combo, no doubt, but I'd stick a 6L gas Truck motor (LQ4) and 4L80E in, and be done with it. I ran that combo in my 2500HD, regularly towing 10K#+, and it was dead nuts reliable (aside from the Crank position sensor going and the exhaust manifold bolts snapping, both of which are either easy to fix in-frame or should be done before the swap).

The 6.5 sounds like a bucket of bolts even when new, and have pretty pathetic output.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
:lol: Yeah... unless you're made of money, or have a goooood friend in the JY business, a DMax is going to be crazy $. I'm seeing prices around $5000 for the engine, $1000 for the trans with wiring and TCM. Add another at least $700+ for completely gutting the harness and remaking it. LQ4 and 4L80E.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Pirate radio! Howlin' mad Murphy.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Jesus, you guys are loving great. This thread combined with that song... Gotta rate this 11.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

As Nero Danced posted:

If you're sure this is a good move, and you aren't going to end up living in the burned down jeep wih your cat, then go for it.

Just don't go all hobo and ride a freight train to Valentine.

TBH, this might be an improvement over the current situation.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

DICK DICER posted:

I still want to help but I wont ask for money to do so and I blew all mine so that's why I'm out

... Yeah

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

DICK DICER posted:

I want back in.

:sigh: I'll bet you do.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
To the motorcycle gang, sure.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

HandlingByJebus posted:

Prepping for box. New front pads! Dave didn't lie about the farts.
He lives!
HbJ, you're good people. Just like last time, I'm good for a few bucks to move Dave along.

SWEDISH FISH!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Tremek, you're the best kind of wealthy dude.

Dave, I wish you the best. Out of Seattle, a wave of support behind you, and an entire future ahead.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Crotch Fruit posted:

We're gonna need more Jeeps. . .

Picaridin would be my choice. Way less nasty than DEET.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Elephanthead posted:

Wood is carbon neutral? Isn't oil just old wood that turned into oil?

Oil is mostly old algae.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Yup.
I spent time in Dutch Harbor, AK. The eagles are virtual replacement-pigeons in AK. They hang around the dumpsters, looking haggard, and giving anyone walking nearby the stink-eye.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

IOwnCalculus posted:

I can't read this without hearing Mike Rowe's voice.

If you haven't seen his TED talk, it's awesome: https://www.ted.com/talks/mike_rowe_celebrates_dirty_jobs

He insults basically the entire audience, and they can't do anything but agree.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

yoober posted:

mike rowe is a fake bootlicking rear end in a top hat. there's no inherent dignity in shoveling poo poo for poverty wages, despite what a multimillionaire tv show host may say.

Your links aside, you didn't listen to him. My plumber makes $90/hr, my electrician gets $80, and the HVAC tech who installed my mini splits got $75. There is dignity in doing a job well, no matter what it is. I dug literal poo poo in the NYC sewers, and got treated like dirt by folks who judged me by my clothing, despite my education and salary (which they didn't know). I'm not saying that everyone should aspire to be a poverty wage slave, I'm saying that doing physical labor can be lucrative as hell and white collar folks need to stop looking down on those who do it. OSHA has overstepped it's bounds, and made it very difficult for small business to survive, while big businesses abuse their workers but have the admin staff and lawyers to play by the BS rules. "Every kid needs to go to college" is a gigantic lie and scam.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Flyover, you say?
https://imgur.com/a/MDLv8

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
And so it begins....

or ends....

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
My truck would have been the perfect for this trip it I was anywhere near FL. Diesel would be so much better on fuel.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
This has been the single greatest thread in my time on SA, for sure. I've spent far more money on things that brought me 10,000 times less enjoyment.

Godspeed 14", time to collect your kitteh and start a new life. Angry robot and Sims, congrats on the trip, truck, and whatnot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Fermented Tinal posted:

My buddy rewired his boat a couple years ago. With speaker wire.

When I discovered this I cursed him out for about 15 minutes because I know I'm gonna have to rewire his loving boat for my peace of mind.

If you're in the US, here's the best source for marine wire/terminals/heat shrink: https://www.genuinedealz.com (yes, it's a horrible website name, but their stuff is really good and well-priced)

• Locked thread