Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I hope you get better Dave.

I wanna see the truck move ES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
You have a miniature dog on your shoulder.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

my kinda ape posted:

I once ordered something that started in Des Moines and it gets sent to Chicago, then to Kansas City, then Omaha, and finally to Lincoln. Lincoln is like 4 hours from Des Moines.

Last parts I ordered from the US (CT) went to Kentucky, alaska, Korea, China, Singapore then perth. No idea why my items needs to circle the pacific in it's entirety. Who the gently caress send things to China to get lost in that quagmire of outgoing items? Why did it need to go to alaska of all places?
E: It was sent UPS BTW

When I order stuff from the west coast USA it's usually to sydney, then here, and takes 4 days. (Or singapore then perth), normally using fedex.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Rhyno posted:

The box of stuff I sent to Dave came back to me this morning. The contents were too heavy and tore through the end so half the sockets and wrenches were lost. Not a big loss as they weren't high quality but annoying as poo poo.

Wow, that sucks to hear.
If anyone was sending tools is it worthwhile to point out that only SAE is required?
If this was in australia I would send mine because I never need SAE/imperial tools.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Yeah but he's the mayor :v:

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
The dude needs cigs.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Fix truck.
if fail go north. there be the coldwarmotor guys, the mayor goon, and healthcare. To the south only exist horrible dragons humidity, hurricanes and floods

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Leperflesh posted:

soapy water kills bugs and is a lot cheaper and not flammable

I got pissed off with ants all around my brewing gear and starsan (sanatizer that is soapy/foamy and 3.5pH) kills them so loving fast...

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
What is wrong with you people?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
It truly is a wonderland.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
I have full faith in USPS dick. You just gotta believe.
I was worried about my last order arriving before I moved out of here. USPS sent it from NY to Dubai and I got worried. But within 4 days it's got to perth, dubai was the one and only stop.
That beats UPS that sent my last US order to alaska, korea, china and then singapore, taking 8 days, (and for twice the price). Only problem is now I got to rely on auspost for the final leg, because I used USPS to get it here. Auspost advertise they will gently caress you up and sit on and hold parcels because we suck and don't pay enough.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 26, 2017

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
That's all I need to know :love:

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
From doggo highs to daddo disaster :(

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
My hair is going nearly all white and I CBF with dyes. Worst at the front and sides, plus my beard has turned white and I give no fucks. Being around 40 with long hair and beard turning white stops people begging or talking to me on the street and that's great. Instead of being a target for money I'm a target for sympathy.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

The grays started showing up when I was.... 28? 30? I turn 40 this year.
:same: I'm really really grey now

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

The worst is when you find a gray pube. :argh:
:lol: no, that has never happened to me thankfully. I'm only grey/white on head and face

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I gave up on the beard aspect though... I hate shaving, I just buzz the facial hair off when it gets itchy, but I have a bit of gray on my chin. If I had a job where I needed to shave, I'd probably give a poo poo, but right now it's a "take the clippers to the face once a week or when it gets too itchy" gig.
My beard is fully white around my chin and I wear it proud as a full length almost pure white goatee/beard

I thought about dye, but like you I started turning 10 years ago and everyone that knows me would LOL if I did it now, ten years after the fact.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Darchangel posted:

Well, kind of stuck with regards to radiators, I guess. Expansion tanks are meh, but that thing is critical with radiator hoses and... the cap? attached.

edit:
Closest my Crown Vic gets is the pressurized expansion tank.

Suprised. The aussie ford falcon has similar pressurized tank as normal for ford, but the rad also plastic on the sides (think intercooler style sides - rather than old traditional radiator top and bottom caps). With the falcon it's side caps for the rad and they're plastic.
I found that out when I had a small split on the side plastic and needed a new rad. Oh well it was 15 yrs old. E: lasted longer than the hose that burst 3 years earlier.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
I wanna do real refrigeration again... :(
I started off with r11 centrifugal chillers and ended up depressed with domestics :v:

• Locked thread