Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Deteriorata posted:

And the Death Metal in the earbuds.

And the wailing of the souls of the damned who are bound to trail along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

djdanno13 posted:

He talks way to much to ever be a silent protagonist.

But how much more fun would Half-Life be with 14" relentlessly poo poo-talking though the entire game?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Seminal Flu posted:

You're making a pretty dire situation out of having to potentially change a tire on the side of the road, where the tire change currently involves a bunch of hand tools in the middle of a field, not power or shelter or transportation.

No, he's making a pretty dire situation out of dealing with a heavy truck having a blowout at speed on lovely midwestern winter roads, and having to do exactly what's being done now only in a ditch alongside the highway is the best result. The worst is not having enough of 14" left to bury.

Calm your tits.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Gentlemen, we cannot be a part of introducing 14" into the South Florida ecosystem freely.

Nature, red in tooth and claw, will ensure that he becomes the new Florida Man.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

14 BAR RIFF posted:

And then with a flash of light that turned flesh into ash and buildings to dust, the bombs re entered the atmosphere and landed on target

'bout time for a nuclear suntan.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

14 BAR RIFF posted:

And vacuum wipers. And this dump I'm taking I wish I had a vacuum wiper, Jesus

GAS PEDAL FULLY OPERATIONAL FROM IDLE TO WOT

So long as it goes to the floor and makes the thing under the hood wail like the souls of the damned, she'll be alright. Might even make it to 60.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

INCH DICK: NEBRASKA ROAD as narrated by a 1988 Dodge Daytona?

poo poo, I'd watch it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Seminal Flu posted:

Wednesday is almost a week away. A couple days of walking will pay off way more than walking away from the entire focus.

Screw the brakes -- does it run? Does it move forward? If you have those things, you can make it work.

Dude, chill. 14's call, he's one one freezing his balls off, and it's calling for single digit highs with 20mph winds by early next week in Valentine. That poo poo'll kill you if you don't respect it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

kastein posted:

oh believe me I want it (the one at the machinists shop?), but that's for me. I need to dispose of a few more junk vehicles first to make space. A good condition Grand Wagoneer though? That's for her.

Wind in the midwest is something I wasn't even close to prepared for. Last time I was out there was in March, on the tail end of winter, in Indiana, and I ended up welding a loving bumper together in a muddy field after dark while it was snowing sideways. Then all my drat angle grinder cutoff discs blew away. I didn't even know they could blow away, much like your license plates.

Yeah, the wind on the way to work yesterday was throwing my Crown Vic all over the road, much less something that presents an actual target for it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Happy new year, man.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Some poor salaryman is going to get that seat on the next leg and arrive wondering how his pants dissolved.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I kinda regret getting rid of mine, then I remember that my CVPI has a floor.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Chopper Dave, we have uh-oh, over.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

:perfect:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Everyone I know who's used it even once (including myself) has never had a good experience with them. I'm sure it was great when it was the only practical way to get across several states for cheap but these days, buying a Greyhound ticket is like paying too much for a ticket on the world's worst carnival ride. It's hot, sticky, smells like vomit and body odor, obnoxious people are all around you, and the thing is for drat sure gonna break down at least twice during the ride.

Amtrak is marginally better but only because you can sneak booze onboard and get wasted to pass the time and nobody gives a poo poo.

Anyway, I'm standing by, ready to send out various Mexican snacks and candies if you need morale boosters while you're working. Can't do much for parts or tools, but it sounds like you've got all that taken care of, or at least have a plan in mind. I guess there's a Harbor Freight in town if you want me to send you some poo poo you can dump unceremoniously in the field after you use it once and it breaks :v:

I will roll Amtrak over Greyhound any day, but either is vastly worse than a lovely red-eye economy flight which can be had for under $300 these days if you're not picky.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Stay safe, 14" ghost.

Remember the First Rule of Burning Man. Anyone with drugs is a cop.

There are half a dozen local, state, and federal agencies out there for whom the Burn is a huge moneymaker because they can hit out of state idiots on easy charges on federal land to keep their numbers looking good come budget time.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I suspect the truck is going to roll into Florida engulfed in flames, but somehow still in better condition than it started in.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Dick bike in a box is go.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah winter is coming, but right now it's september, I think 14 would have quite a long while before he needs to start worrying about snow, right? Ideally the trukk could be resurrected with a couple weeks' work?

Just a note, it's already dipping into the 40's at night.

Winter in the upper Midwest does not gently caress around. We'll have snow is six weeks.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 8, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

That said, I just realized that I've got a brand new 0 degree rated mummy bag sitting in my closet that I'd be happy to donate to the cause once Dave hits Valentine and has an address to be shipped to. It's doing me no good (I'm too tall for it), so might as well go to someone who can use it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Temek, you're a Good Dude. Y'all get me that shipping address if that sleeping bag would be useful and I'll get it on the way.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

ExplodingSims posted:

BTW, if anyone has supplies and/or hot sauce they want to send to Dave in the field, PM or email me for the address.

Explodingsims2@gmail.com

Hey, Dave, you want this sleeping bag? No sense in shipping it out that way if you're covered, otherwise I can chuck it on its way Monday morning.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

DICK DICER posted:

Ive got a bunch of random un useful crap odds and ends and a gerber multitool. Also whoever asked about a sleeping bag yes i can use one

I'll get with Sims for the shipping address and send it out your way.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I grabbed a flat rate box and will get a bunch of small tool sets into it tonight. SAE is more useful than metric for this project right?

In similar news, I've got a 14" box full of sleeping bag and a couple other comfort odds and ends going out this afternoon. I'll toss sims the tracking number to forward to Dick.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Astonishing Wang posted:

Haha I thought it would be cold in Nebraska for some reason :D

Give it a couple weeks. Whole midwest is 10-15 degrees above normal right now, should be seeing lows in the 40's overnight already.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Lightbulb Out posted:

Life finds a way. Not too much different over here in Iowa.

Yeah, our main difference is that we grow more pigs to go with the miles upon miles of soul-devouring corn and bean fields.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Probably cheaper to haul them there than actually pay a human being to exercise effort and sort the things that don't need to leave town.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

DICK DICER posted:

Tool kit obtained. Approved for October SNAP benefits. Still no debit card lol

Woot SNAP. I love that program from back when my family was dirt poor and eating deer and government cheese.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

Yo Imma need some of that hot sauce.

Same. :getin:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

IHOP needs to lose faster, I want Waffle House up here in the upper midwest.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

ExplodingSims posted:

Also Pro-tip for lovely diners: DO EAT AT DENNYS. They are the loving worst.

We had their contract for a bit and had to service all their refrigeration poo poo. Good god those places are disgusting.

Once, during a hungover road trip back from Minneapolis, we stopped by the Denny's in Clear Lake Iowa.

The three of us were in Deep Hurting after a weekend of getting absolutely piss-drunk and playing paintball, so we all ordered breakfast. We got 3 servings of grits. One was a rock hard lump roughly the temperature of the sun. One was warmish soup. And one was the proper consistency, but ice loving cold. We, being reasonable human beings, sent them back. The waitress returns a few minutes later looking nervous, and tells us the manager is cooking, and I quote: "He says they only come that way."

My buddy, being more lucid than I am at this point , eyes the grits, then the waitress, then asks, "Which one of these is that loving way, then?"

We never did get an answer, but the consensus on leaving is that we needed to firebomb that loving Denny's for the good of the world.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

DICK DICER posted:

Ghoul would like a word with you

https://youtu.be/hL51BxyxLmw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fglfnPrfLvc

Ghoul covering GWAR with Oderus Urungus is better.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Thumposaurus posted:

Gwar covering Billy Ocean is a classic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYiUUdilIF0
Or hell any of the Gwar AV Undercover videos are worth a watch.

The one from 2014 is great. They cover Pet Shop Boys then do a tribute to Oderus.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I'm not sure if Dave pissing all over the place is more or less likely to create a forsaken hellscape where grass shall never grow again than Panther Piss.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Well, if there were any demons in you, they've done gone and hosed off elsewhere where it's cooler.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

AUGUST 4, 2018: Hurricane Sherman crosses the Florida peninsula, becoming the first of what will be later declared Death Storms. Picking up millions of gallons of Panther Piss from the Florida wastes, the storm is ignited by a stray spark. The miles-wide flame filled conflagration then turns due north for Atlanta.

When reached for comment in his rolling command center in the storm's eye, Florida's Governor was quoted as saying, "I AM AWAITED IN VALHALLA" before biting the reporter's nose off and throwing it to a cheering crowd.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Sims is flying out there, right? Could he buy what's needed in florida and bring them with on the plane?

I'm not sure they let you take brakes on a plane. :D

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

You got me to cackle out loud in glee, Dick.

gently caress yeah, Trukk. Good work.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

ExplodingSims posted:

Stopped a rest stop since someone failed to steal the pancake printer.

The have a combination diner/gas station/tattoo parlor/ fireworks store.

And a separate boot store on tip that.

Yup. That's missouri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

You passed a truck in a truck pulling a truck. :perfect:

• Locked thread