Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Just throwing this out there in case poo poo, but if Ohio doesn't work out you can have your truck shipped to my place out in northern Nebraska. I have a few tools but word of warning, it's all dirt, no crete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Also this is a relevant video.

https://youtu.be/ShKnsS9wsW4

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

I can confirm explodingsims has given money to a complete stranger he met on the Internet. Thread continues to live up to its title lol. Hopefully truck will be here soon and I'll take plenty of pics to send to exploding.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Larrymer posted:

This is crazy and I can't see it ending well, but godspeed. Why the hell didn't you just get it shipped to Florida? Just for the experience?

Do you have any idea how much that would cost? I'm not going to say how much exploding spent on getting it here but let's just say it wasn't 20 bucks.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Faerunner posted:

:justpost:

I don't even know that much about cars and I'm dying to see this through to the end.

I'd say "buckle in" but does that truck even come with seat belts?

No it does not. Also gas tank mounted directly behind you.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Here's your inspirational pic of the day.

Came across a gentleman driving this 1930 Indian. Asked where he was going. "Huntsville Alabama" Wow! Where did you come from? "Upstate Washington, it's hard to find these bikes so when I did I flew up there and I'm bringing it back home" wow! How are you doing? "Cold".

Just saying, if this guy can drive a 90 year old motorcycle across the nation diagonally then a Chevy dump should be no problem!

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Fermented Tinal posted:

By the time we're done, this truck is going to have so many pedals, sticks, and knobs.

You sir have not seen how many knobs levers and pedals are already in there.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Clearly the best choice for a chase vehicle is this. Also bonus Massey Harris action.

Everything is in Valentine NE right now.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Only if he is doing some sort of Smokey and the Bandit convoy.

Well obviously they should load the truck with as much beer that it can carry. How else will they make it to Florida?

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Well if things come together like I hope they will, we might actually be doing this on such luxuries as concrete.

freelop posted:

I'm still waiting on the bad decisions. Or is it bad in the 90s edgy way?

The bad decision was to drive a 60 year old truck halfway across the nation with no ac, a questionable motor, and probably something like 6.50 gears in the rear end. It'll be a miracle if it goes over 50mph.

djdanno13 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 23, 2016

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

I will say that the man who brought it to Nebraska from Montana only had a newesh dodge 1 ton with a gooseneck trailer.

Also I'm not sure you'll be able to find cheaper tires, that's actually pretty reasonable for big truck tires in a rather rare size. But if you do I'm sure the shop will still mount them for you.

djdanno13 fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 22, 2016

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Just wanted to mention that all this is being done by Sims and a really really good friend of his. I've been busy with work and haven't put a wrench on this thing, just been cheering from the sidelines.

Edit: I was going to say haven't put a hand on it but that's my goofy rear end running behind the truck as we pushed it down a hill.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

So 14" gets that fastback right?

Let's just say if 14 gets that car running he will be handsomely rewarded.

Also yes the vw would definitely fit in the back.

djdanno13 fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Oct 29, 2016

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Short update, I took op and his very very good friend to the sketchiest bus depo I could find which was 120 miles away. The joys of living out in the middle of nowhere. 14 was eyeing that fastback really hard yesterday morning. Maybe, air-cooled dump truck in the future? I'm joking. Came back to the house, 14 refuses to sleep indoors electing to use his jeep for shelter. Went to bed last night hoping I don't find the body of 14 stiff from rigor mortis due to exposure or crushed under an engine block or worse, trapped by an engine block and then finished off by roving coyotes. Wake up to go to work and see new graffiti is on the side of the van. He's probably okay.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

So what does 14 have to do to wrest the VW out of your possession?

Hmmm... well I do have a 27 t I would like to get put together....

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Tomarse posted:

You should at least let him into the house, feed him some meals and give him a drink and have a bit of conversation and then let him go back out into the field

Lol I have offered him the house. He chooses to stay outside of his own will. Thankfully he's agreed to come in when it gets really chilly and I have a mattress waiting for him.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

So some updates. Got home from work and found Dave taking a nap out in the jeep with no shirt and black latex gloves on. I decided against waking him up. But I did take some pics! The van is now a troll van. We may have to paint the truck red now so that it can go faster.

Also 14 found some of my spare sickle blades I have laying around

Also it may be hard to see but there's a gap between the crossmember and the belhouse caused by I think some indexing posts. It's just really not made to match together and some articles I read suggest just removing the trans crossmember period. I'll confer with 14 later.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

I know 40k, hence red truck more faster. 40k trap sprung.

I really just forgot they were orks and had a brain fart.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

How close are you to getting home Sims? Any crazy bus stories?

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Slung Blade posted:

Holy poo poo, is that a Massey Harris 30 or 33 behind the orange allis Chalmers?

And yes that bike owns we need more info.

Sorry no, it's a massey 44. The baler is a massey, massey Ferguson that is. The bike is just a static display. It would be awesome if it was a working bike though.

The cool thing is that the building behind that bike contains a 1920s American LaFrance fire truck. Chain drive and all.

djdanno13 fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Nov 5, 2016

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

I really love that Jimmy. Some day I may convince the wife.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Stitecin posted:

Why does everyone love that bike sculpture so much?

Because they want it to be real and ride it in some kind of real life heavy metal or mad max recreation.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Also it's kinda nice having people appreciate your junk. Like, I like all the cars I've acquired, it's just nice to have other people think they're cool too. There's not much of a story though. I've basically just been buying them as they become available from people or auctions over the past like 15 years.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Fermented Tinal posted:

You're a drat dirty tease.

I'll make an awesome build thread.....

One of these days...

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

It's been crazy good weather. Like seriously it's all anyone can talk about and every day sans one in the past 4 weeks has been in the 70s to low 80s.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Seriously I'm used to there being 4 inches of snow falling in the last week of October and hanging around till mid November when it all melts when it hits 50 one day.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

14 is right. Everything I have is always for sale. If you really want something you can always shoot an offer. The worst that will happen is that I'll say no. Well actually the worst is I'll laugh at you and then say no.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

It's in the xbox

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

MAKING TRUCKS GREAT AGAIN!

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Actual IRL quote from Dan you go lube up and I will bring the guns and the camera

Dave had to go take a shower later because he felt "dirty" after I lubed him up and gave him my "gun".

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Hey 14 give me a call.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

I know the local chief of police who writes those police reports and she's hands down really awesome.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

*reads thread* ehh I'm sure everything is fine. What's hilarious is that the bush near the house can scratch the roof when the wind blows and freaked me out the first time it happened to me. Or it's the neighbors cat(s) or this drat skunk I saw across from the house a couple nights two weeks ago. Of course
one thing about living in Valentine I never could stomach; all the drat skinwalkers.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Oh, yeah I don't know why but deer really like walking between the bbq and house. One even stopped and was staring in the window at me for an uncomfortable amount of time. I'm guessing what you saw was not a deer however? Well, hope you're keeping the windows shut on the cars.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

I think I'm just going to buy a set myself since I'm sure I'll find a use for them later.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

If it looked like a furry pancake with a head then it was a badger in which case holy poo poo don't gently caress with it. If it was more like a big ball then it was a porcupine which I saw one around there too so I wouldn't be surprised. A badger being that close to a house is kind of weird. Also I took the picture of 14 and don't care if you guys put it on posters.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Lol it's the neighbors dog.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

ionn posted:

Pardon my ignorance, but wtf is/was it?

Was? Cast Aluminum. Is? Well maybe I could show you how it works later :a2m:

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

It honestly is a freaking miracle that it didn't burn down somewhere along the way or burn down the house/hillside/half the town of valentine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

It's a 51 Buick. Also that model a already has a 2 inch chop.

• Locked thread