Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

There's a tire store here in town. We've been holding off on tires till we get the truck moving under its own power since, worst case scenario, having a grands worth of rubber rotting for a year is not very prudent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Oh don't worry, almost every other person at work today has asked about the fire at my house today lol.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Things are happening! (Not pictured, blazing bonfire we circle with our greased bodies)

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Maybe I'm going native, I don't know. Would you guys like some head?

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Oh for those wondering, yes Dave's jeep made a blurb on the local radio's news.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Hmmm.....

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Well it finally happened, there wasn't enough clearance to get the engine in past the crossmember without taking apart half the transmission. All to save a crossmember that for all we knew probably needed to come out. I quickly brought up that we had the Sawzall or we could find a grinder or.... 14 stared at me with wild eyes. "Don't be a pussy Danno, I saw that acetylene torch sitting in the shed. You've been holding out on me! " I could feel his will bearing down on me. Like the terrible black feeling one must get when crossing paths with a hungry bear in the woods. I could feel it wash over me, around me through me. "Okay, let's do this" I said. It's almost like 14's eyes light up the same time I lit that blame flame.....

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

USPS says the receptacle was full or the item was oversized so they couldn't deliver it. It's a box that's a foot on each side and it only weighs nine pounds. Could they not just leave it on the porch?

FYI when you go to the post office to pick it up, it was addressed to "Four 'Black Thumb' Teen"

My mailbox is half a mile from my house. Typically if something is oversize they place a card and you pick it up at the post office. The only porch service is ups and FedEx.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Peh, I went to school when it was -50. It was dark inside the school because it was so cold the fluorescent lights wouldn't turn on all the way.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Hmmmm. A boat.

A boat with tail fins. It's a blue star made in Miami...... Oklahoma

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

67 galaxy with a 390 and 3 on the tree.

djdanno13 fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 17, 2016

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I picked up the motor mount bolts off the table walked outside and have lost them entirely by the time I reach the truck FML

I'm sure I'll find them.... with my mower.

Lol who are we kidding I don't mow grass!

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

boxen posted:

If we're requesting pictures, I'd like to see more of the Newport. I love fuselage-bodied Chryslers.

I've been planning on doing this but I think if I do I should probably just make my own thread to not get to side tracked on Sims thread here.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

You Am I posted:

I like the old Falcon coupe, but she looks a bit rusted out
I do too, it's practically a family heirloom at this point, and it is very rusted out. It's going to need a lot of work.

ExplodingSims posted:

Only it's for you hot rod(s?) builds.

If you post up all your cars in here feel free to. S'all good.

Thanks mang.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

uPen posted:

All I'm seeing here is you need a bonfire or three.

Send more jeeps....

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Uh I like Dave, he's a really nice guy. But I'm hoping we can get the truck rolling before then.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

kastein posted:

I am sorely tempted to make extremely bad financial decisions ITT and fly to Nebraska for that Gladiator

Do it, we'll be happy to set it ablaze fix it up for you to drive back.

I'll give you one guess who set up the deal. Also before anyone cries shenanigans the buyer is totally aware it was in a vehicle fire.

djdanno13 fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 23, 2016

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Seriously, we have to do this. We could just take off the hood and put it in the back so you don't have any holes in it.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

That's why they pay me the big bucks.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

The old timers mention that we'll have to make a bracket to move the box over 1.5 inches.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

So I suggested to Dave and asking the people of ai. If we replace the thermo fan with just an old style flex fan that would probably solve clearance issues but what about the engine with Tbi? Would a constant fan over cool the engine?

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Just came home from work and can confirm that it is windy cold bullshit outside.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Well it's not my fault you wanted to open mouth kiss me. I said just the lips! Just the lips! But no, you needed to stick your tongue down my throat.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Is Danno still alive? We all know what your output is like. :v:

Lol I threw my back out last week that kinda sidelined me and work kept me busy this week. Which is fine because it was a cold windy miserable bitch of a week.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Looks like a stude on a Dodge frame.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Lol, me and 14 have gave each other some meat a couple times already. I would take his meat this time but I've got a date with my wife tonight.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Nah Dan's fine and totally not dead pinky promise

See, brimming with vitality!

I'M DOING JUST FINE GUYS! WHAT A GREAT MORNING THIS IS. SO HAPPY TO HAVE DAVE HE'S A GREAT HOUSE GUEST.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

BLINK? WHY WOULD I BLINK? I WANT TO WITNESS EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS.

NOW I KNOW THAT'S WHAT HE WANTS. HE HELPED ME UNDERSTAND.

THAT WAY I CAN TELL OTHERS THE STORY.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Yeah no poo poo it's 10 degrees colder. But at least the winds not blowing........ yet.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Soooo..... about the truck guys.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Can confirm today is the coldest day to date...... supposed to be colder tomorrow...

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

wildemere posted:

Have you thought about using pipe or tube steel as extensions for the steering box.

Save fabbing up a bracket.

Just longer hardware through the tubes.

The thought we're having right now is to take some 1.5 inch x 6 inch heavy c channel and then using bolts to go clear through to the frame on one side. It's only two but hopefully enough to not side shear?

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

So we really need ai help on this one. Online sources talk about moving the steering box over a max of 1.5 inches. Apparently they were using different headers however and the closest we can set the box right now is 3 inches which is literally touching the header. Take a look at the included pics but the biggest issue by far is the angle on that pitman arm. It's maxed out. Short of getting a new manifold does anyone have any ideas? This is like project ending type poo poo right here so we really need all brain power on this one. Thanks guys.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Rotten Cookies posted:

Can you take that arm from the box and flip it?

Funny you suggest that because me and Dave went back out to look at it and I think that's the way we're going to go. The biggest con is that it's a cone bushing so we're going to hog out the hole on the steering box arm so it can fit through the other side and fill the space with quick steel. Now it's a matter of either getting a new pitman arm, heating and twisting the existing one, or fabbing something from the remains of the jeep.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

kastein posted:

DO NOT flip the pitman, nor put the drag link on the other side of it... that way lies disaster. Please. :ohdear:

I'd either heat, bend, and gusset the drag link, or turn the drag link into a Z-link, like has been suggested, which is a super common trick among mud truck builders who lift too high without thinking about their steering. Unless that part is completely irreplaceably rare, that is.

Serious question can you please elaborate more on why we should not turn the drag link around to bolt on the other side? Or is it just because of the tapered end?

I wasn't hip on z'ing the drag link but if others have done it successfully?

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Fermented Tinal posted:

Seriously, have the shop do it.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Hey today is a special day! It's when Dave's mom decided she had enough of him donkey kicking her guts and brought him into this world. How was she to know that 32 years later he would start a process that would bring about the end of the world.

Also he's welcome to stay as long as I'm living there. Which will be until the end of December.

Also also I'm putting the Jimmy up for sale so if you want a piece of Internet infamy I suggest you contact me asap.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Wait, where are you going???

I got married back in August and my wife lives 3 hours away while I stayed here to kinda tie up loose ends but we agreed I was going to move up come January and well, January is here.

The land is owned by my parents so it's not like I'm taking everything up there with me. But my wife would like me to kinda clean up the corral if you know what I mean.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Honestly I think the best birthday present 14 got is his sense of self worth and just how drat healthy he looks. Seriously, go back several pages and look at his pictures. I may be wrong but I think Dave really looks better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Gordon Freeman?

He talks way to much to ever be a silent protagonist.

• Locked thread