Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

drat, now I kinda want them to be white walls and have you mount a giant missile in the back a' la north Korea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

It did look a little dire last night talking to Dave but I'm hoping he's doing The Good Work today and I'm going to help him tomorrow while I'm off and trying to pull in some friend help as well. I told Dave last night that this is a crucible moment and us coming out of this will make him purer. Unfortunately I really can't stay after Friday. I wasn't married, I didn't even have a girlfriend when I first offered my place to Sims but now that I am she really wants me to be living with her and I've waited far too long already.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Slung Blade posted:

Tell her to come help turn wrenches :colbert:

You tell her that. I try to not mention the truck or my "roommate" to my wife if I can help it.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Enourmo posted:

So what exactly is the truck's current status? Is the throttle cable the very last mechanical thing that needs done on it and the rest is paperwork?

Finish rear brakes, bleed system, hook up radiator, hook up or maybe bypass heater core, check ps pump after running, button up front sheet metal, replace headlights, fill all fluids, finish return fuel line, throttle pedal, whatever breaks after we actually start moving.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

I knew I kept all this lovely junk around for a reason!

Also it's an Olds w body, not a corsica :colbert:

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

angryrobots posted:

Crowbar when Dan's not looking

poo poo I told him to use a sawzall. Oh wait...

DAVE JUST USE A loving SAWZALL.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

We.... may have hit our first SNAFU. The brake cylinders that Larry bought for the rear. All four of them... are wrong. The existing ones look okay but Dave had been pretty adamant about having brakes.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Dave says gently caress it. We're proceeding.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

angryrobots posted:

Does Dan sometimes do guest spots on This Old House?

I totally would if given the chance but I'll settle for This Old Truck.

Speaking of, the truck is fine right where it sits. There's still a happy ending in the future, I'm sure of it.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

It's a list Dave compiled of everything that needs to be finished....

Also dicks......

Also also I just got to rapid and about to drop Dave off.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

And so I said goodbye to my new friend. I could go on about how we had some grand farewell party full of beer and strippers. Cocaine was passed around as party favors while Dave wore a purple dildo on his head like a tiny hat at a cocky angle. (Yes he pointed out the phrasing several times) but at the end of the trip one sees the banality of the real world. The traveling salesman hotel in a frontier town on the edge of the Black Hills. The firm handshake and polite goodbye. Fly on you crazy spaceman. Fly home my friend.

djdanno13 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 1, 2017

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Just wanted to say that I had to stop by the place on Thursday to grab some stuff. Truck is still in fine shape. All the grass is green and even growing back in the burnt areas around the jeep! I have to spend a couple weeks in town in June and I have some ideas. I'm not saying anything more because I don't want to get hopes up and then disappoint people. Just wanted to say that things are still turning in the background.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Goon Meet?

Did someone say Goon Meet?

I feel like I might be able to accomplish more if it's just me and a couple of local buddies. Between work and work I won't have much extra time to host anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

angryrobots posted:

I wish. There isn't much close by, although I suppose for other reasons that is its own advantage.

That being said, it's kind of up in the air, what the next adventure is going to look like. Danno isn't living there anymore, and hasn't explicitly said that it's cool for 14", or whoever, to camp out.

I can say that I will be back in Valentine for two weeks in June. I'm trying to get some stuff organized and the truck is a priority on my list. Sims has contacted me and is shipping some exhaust parts. I'll actually be back in town at the first of May. I'll take a pic and post it so everyone gets an idea of what's going on. I was actually out there two weeks ago. With the green grass and warm sun it really looked different from the frozen hell hole that I had remembered.

• Locked thread