Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Can't wait to see next week's police blotter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Stay alive

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I mean this in all sincerity, will there be a carbon monoxide danger?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I'd rather scroll past all the drug posts,

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I was kind of figuring it would be sane to fly back to Seattle from Florida.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Negative 14"

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Do you have a spare?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Rosie is more important.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

ExplodingSims posted:

*Points at thread title* :mad:

Anyways, yeah the LQ4 probably will be the engine of choice. Seems reasonable, I know it fits, not terribly expensive, etc, etc. But, the others aren't ruled out yet. First of all I need to get the truck back so I can see what will fit, and I probably will be driving it around with the L05 in it for a while, just to have it and get used to it before I go full resto-mod on it. But at least I've got some idea of what to be looking for now.

I do like the Dmax option, looks like its got pretty good HP and torque, and it doesn't look like it's super huge, (At least compared to some of the other suggestions) and I'm not really afraid of dealing with wiring. As long as I've got a decent wiring diagram it's just running new wires to make them fit in their new body. I mean, after all, I deal with this stuff on a daily basis:

But hey, this is still a while out til I get super serious about trying to find something. So maybe I'll be able to get my hands on a cheap truck by then!

OK since this thread was bumped, just curious, what are those all controlling? They're solid state relays, right?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I have that Anker power charger, it's quite nice, although to charge it back up takes 8 hours, unless it's the $100+ one. Still I was able to charge an iPad pro and watch movies with my friend so yeah.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I thought it was the other way round - certainly was that way here with Ivan Milat and a bunch of other nutcases murdering hitch hikers.

Either way. We had Gary Ridgway killing women he picked up as a truck driver. Supposedly killed at least 70 in the 80s and 90s.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
3m makes a lotion that's 34% DEET. Should keep any bugs away from you for a while.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

DICK DICER posted:

Backpack check, sun just came out, and I lost my cigarettes :unsmigghh:

We need to get you clothes with zip-up pockets.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

DICK DICER posted:

I lost my Kershaw while riding :(

E:wait my Gerber multitool has a blade

somebody please buy him pants with zip up pockets lol

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Dannywilson posted:

I just got a big work bonus and my PFD (IE FREE ALASKA MONEYS), so he's got that propane shower from like 15 posts ago headed his way.

I don't know if it's just me but I always have trouble getting those to trigger the igniter. Maybe the pump I use isn't high flow enough.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Propane fridges are universally poo poo though.

I use a propane fridge somewhat regularly. It gets used pretty heavily at certain times of the year. It's from 1985 and is fine :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

tl;dr I'm sure that kind of air flow is very possible, but I doubt you'd run into it much outside of some seriously antiquated settings today.

So in other words, important government services and University registration systems.

• Locked thread