Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
SSS and 14 keep writing... this thread just got riveting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Hell, I'll sell you parts that didn't even come from a vehicle.

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

My girlfriend tried that one time thinking she would get a million dollars. It didn't really work out though.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
This

The Door Frame posted:

seems like it should need a permit to buy.

describes America to a T.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Oh gently caress me I need that Jimmy.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

djdanno13 posted:

14 is right. Everything I have is always for sale. If you really want something you can always shoot an offer. The worst that will happen is that I'll say no. Well actually the worst is I'll laugh at you and then say no.

Eh, I live in the South. I could probably drudge one up somewhere if I really wanted one and had the money to spend. Plus, I get a free STARRSS AND BARRSS flag when I shop local :v:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Seat Safety Switch posted:

When you come back tomorrow he will just be gone. The old timer will say nobody else has worked here since 1969 and turn to look wistfully at a picture of the moon. the NAPA Will be gone. A vacant dusty vacant lot will be all that remains. You will turn to leave, but not remember from whence you came. You wander, find a place to reset for the evening. When you wake, you are at home about to get ready for your first day at Firestone...

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Did all you guys arguing shorts really miss the gag

I you were dragging something. How could you be flaccid with all that around?

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

cakesmith handyman posted:

I'm sure the new owner will one day try to tell us, but the field he returns to will have no 14", no gigatrukk and djdanno will pretend to know nothing about it...

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Until you snap it sure

Then it becomes great

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

clam ache posted:

Phew glad I wasn't the only one thinking that

Not long after I posted, someone was in the booth on Antiques Roadshow with a set of sounding rods.

Surely, this heralds the end of all things. Better get to making peace with it.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
It can even depend on the county or city. Davidson county in TN requires emission testing, Cheatham (neighboring county) does not. Shelby county used to not require, but Memphis (city, inside Shelby Co.) did, so if you were inside the city limits you had to have your car inspected, but if you lived out in the county you did not.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

My Man Shran posted:

Don't freeze to death. What would the warboys think if the ol' Immortan Inch froze?

We could have him frozen alongside the jeep so that they may be thawed out in 30 years in order to do battle in the new San Valentine.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I mean... do you even have to have the headers? Can't you do without them / Isn't that what open headers are?

I know it'd be loud, but it's not a library piece.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
A Long Time Coming: A Happy Ending for 14": Or how I learned to stop worrying and enjoy the tears.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Does anything need to be done to the tires before the truck sits for 6 months?

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
So true. Loved the one that aired as a normal episode of Sealab until the end when it all blew up.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Quinn's going to be busy with that hooker for a while...

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm pretty sure he's the only one who knows how this thing is wired.

I pretty much lurk here and was lurking in his thread, and I have to admit that this is a concern of mine. While I don't intend to be ugly, but I've been a little concerned over what you'll find when you go back to see his work.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Elephanthead posted:

Didn't doctor prescribe amphetamines to housewives to help them get the work done? This was like a thing through the 60s right? Plus for weight control. Don't use wire hangers don't use wire hangers!

https://youtu.be/E-62QgzmcDQ ?

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Speaking of amphetamines, I don't know how it is now, but when I was growing up, it wasn't uncommon for moms to yoink pills from their kids' Adderall bottles. It was one of those "nobody talks about this but :ssh: we all do it" things.

It happens a lot. I had students constantly running out of pills by the middle of the month because mom was either taking them or selling them (or both!).

Also, Herbalife is a little scary. I took their three day sample pack from a coworker (who is/was a competition bodybuilder) and I dropped over 7lbs in those three days. Even now, being active and healthy, I don't drop that much in a three day period.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
"I didn't know we had a Napa," one man said to another as he walked down Main St. Valentine was a small town, and he didn't remember seeing that particular store before. He was certain that something else was there before, but he wasn't sure what. A deep unease filled the man as he stared at this building; an ancient sense, a primal, even prehistoric desire to flee slowly ebbed into his core. His eyes fixated on the building. Despite his feelings, he couldn't look away. He was entranced, as if starting down some great ancient predator...

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Deteriorata posted:

So is Dave now the Lord of the Flies?

I always figured him for the next track, Man on the Edge.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

shy boy from chess club posted:

Some people call them a Kaiser blade

I got some mustard for your biscuits.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

DICK DICER posted:

Oh my god that looked like the slowest, most brutally painful way to die ever

So perfect for wasps.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Look upon his works ye mighty and despair

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Y'all know if we can crowdfund propane and propane accessories, we can crowdfund electricity.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
No, someone already tried it and had it sent back.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
FWIW you can boil jerky with ramen and make a beef and noodle soup kind of thing.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Some cities have local facebook groups for missing/found animals. You check in to that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Y'all some jerks. That's the ptoosh valve.

• Locked thread