Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

So I've finally read through all this (and the 14" thread), wow.

Besides being consumed with emptiness for being completely caught up, I just wanted to say that if for whatever reason you get that monstrosity in the vicinity of midstate South Carolina, I can offer indefinite shop space/storage at a minimum, and possibly food and lodging.

Or if terminally stranded (again, somewhere adjacent to sc), I could probably come and get you and the truck to Florida. ...Not with the trailer above pictured, my buddy has a 20k dual axle, tandem wheel gooseneck with an electric winch I can borrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Most excellent.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm pretty sure the old one will work, provided I can get the ball in there. I've actually found a ball that appears to be the right size with the correct threading, but it's some fairly rare thing that has to ship via eBay.

And honestly, I think even if I did get it running, I'd rather wait for someone who can act as a co-driver. My buddy that I brought along can't drive stick, and having a chase car would be nice.

That thing is probably geared so low that with the extra modern power you'd have to try to choke it off.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Cross posting this here...Maybe truck chat should be in this thread from here on?

14 INCH posted:

loving lol just booty bumped a sparrow with jeep windshield at speed but just soft enough impact it didnt even lose flight and took off gaining altitude

14 INCH posted:

working now official verdict no firewall clearancing needed once trans in place

please ask trukk thread about bellhousing to frame mount angle on new looks to not line up w crossmember

I've asked for a picture, will post when I get it. I thought Sims said the engine mounts and crosmember were good, so not sure?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm sitting in a bus terminal in Atlanta, should be back in Orlando by 3 or so.

So far I've gotten separated from my box of tools, back in Denver, which I am REALLY not happy about to say the least. Supposedly it'll make its way to Orlando without me, but I'm still not thrilled.

Watched a big fat overall wearing redneck try to start a fight with a black woman in the Denver terminal because he said cockroach were coming out of her luggage.

Got held up in Kanas City because a lady missed the bus, got in a fight with driver, and then stood in front of the bus until the cops showed up.

And I also me a very strange man. Claimed to be a former ranger, Master aircraft mechanic, and a holder of three degrees. Told me stories about how he had broken a bus window by getting in a fight with two people trying to rob him. Also kept saying how he worked for some PMC and couldn't talk about his job.

Also met a very jolly looking grandpa guy who talked about how he couldn't wait to get back to his mushroom and LSD collection back home.

Real life something awful forums

Also - sucks about your tools. I'm sure they'll turn up. We talking hand tools, or power tools also?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Dagen H posted:

I Rode A Bus: Bad Decisions ITT

Haha I was thinking this.

Once I compared a cross country train trip to the most convenient flight, and the train was far more expensive.

But I guess that's where literally YMMV. :v:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted:

datona is a turbo z

14 INCH posted:

hay gurl

14 INCH posted:

found in field

14 INCH posted:

need advice on proper r n r of hydraulic unit and pto from trans i think i know but im excavating 60+ yr of road grime

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted:

unhooking square shaft

14 INCH posted:

advice on removing shifter and park brake handle

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted:

front shaft is loose but stuck

14 INCH posted:

my name is INCH, and my kneecap is fire and blood

14 INCH posted:

found this on lift pump reads williams machine omaha nebraska serial number 65324 model number 444 hydraulic fluid use 10w mobiloil drain and refill once a year

14 INCH posted:

yup redo u joints old are spalled

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted:

where would i locate trans id

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I'm forwarding information y'all post to 14 btw.

Sims...that sucks man.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted:

FURY

14 INCH posted:

can you hear them clarice

I dunno about you guys, but I want to know about that bike

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

You are all far too trusting.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

djdanno13 posted:

Because they want it to be real and ride it in some kind of real life heavy metal or mad max recreation.

I want to believe that it works. I mean every part of the drivetrain gets a double take.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted:

pto finally came free. forward u joint actually more like u bolt

14 INCH posted:

set screw shim

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Me: What's next on the truck? Looks like good weather is holding

14 INCH posted:

working on getting trans totally free to mount directly to engine once thats out then focussing on butt stuff

ah i saaw full floating axles i can remove and install no prob but have zero clue if input sshaft pinion area unbolts w out issue or if axles need to come out first and also whether or not wheels come off for axles iirc drums are bolted to axle somehow

so all i need is order of operations

it feels like a massive ungodly overhaul but theres really not that much needed job wise

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted:

how difficult we talking to set up ballpark fuel mapping for nitromethane on a 350

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted:

WE GOT NUMBERS REPEAT NUMBERS

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted:

unearthed more numbers

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

daslog posted:

So what's left to do?

14 INCH posted:

engage pto attached to gently caress off huge grinding wheel. clearance and deburr testicles

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

This thread is like reading The Martian, but from NASA's side.

14 INCH posted:

bellhousing threads nearly gone wont torque down heading back for thread repair supplies

14 INCH posted:

correction bellhousing bolts fine 1/2x13 not 7/16x14

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Continually amazed at the condition of both the truck and the mechanic.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Danno I'm a city rear end white boy and smoking out the crack of the glass outer door because there was an animal on tour roof that was probably cat sized likely a raccoon or possum and I'm too afraid to go outside because I'm drunk as fuxk and autocorrect has helped me show my shake to the world and I am so so sorry but I'm scared

Djdanno do you have skin-walkers in Nebraska?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Skinwalkers cannot be harmed by weapons of this earth; your best and only bet is to not show them your face and do not disrespect them in any way.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I've been working on some rewards that shall be set out to all who brought my life back online that will follow similar structure to or in addition to the gofundme backers too. I feel confident everyone will come away happy on this.
I have the full list of cash donors from the trip.

What about insulation and spray foam, are you still wanting that stuff or have you begun retiring to more private environs?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

They are absolutely fitting new rubber before it hits the road

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

As the world fell, each of us in our own way was broken. It was hard to know who was more crazy: me or everyone else.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Your truck is in expert hands don't worry

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

El Jebus posted:

Except you'll tell us anyways?!?

They call it a Baked Nebraska

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Well that's a great xmas gift.

To myself.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Steel plumbers tape and zip ties

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Now that is a fit.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Currently wearing them lol sorry been busy

Look at this poo poo right here, the money shot

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

One day they'll talk about how Valentine used to be such a nice place to live

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Yond Cassius posted:

Never seen The Flight of the Phoenix? If he gets lucky he might need them to start the next engine.
I'm gonna use one cartridge, ignition off, clean out the cylinders.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

When I die I want my ashes spread at Bomgaars

??

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Haha, did someone pony up for this or did streamlight respond to my email with more than the 'thank you' form letter RE I got from them?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Well I didn't buy it and it came direct from streamlight :v: I kicked it to Danno for all his help so far and his generously providing of shelter

This was the email to streamlight:

quote:

A friend of mine is on-site in a field in the middle of Nebraska right now, working on an old truck he's attempting to get going and drive home.

Last night he had some bad luck, his old Jeep that he drove there had a gas leak that ended up burning the truck to the ground. Hot enough it melted the aluminum intake.

This morning he was sifting through the charred debris and found, completely intact and functional, his Streamlight Stylus Pro. Needless to say, he is beyond impressed.

I'm forwarding the pictures he sent me, and his contact information.

David Blomquist

His current location for the next couple weeks still working on his new, old, truck:

Djdanno estate
Valentine NE 69201

Attached were the pictures of the charred jeep, and the streamlight.

Email reply from streamlight:

quote:

Thank you for taking the time to write of your experience with Streamlight products. Streamlight is committed to providing the best possible products on the market as we know folks like you depend on them on a daily basis. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything Streamlight related. Please visit our website regularly for updates on all Streamlight products at https://www.streamlight.com

Regards,
Rob

I didn't expect anything with the copy/pasted reply. Maybe they really liked your fb video.

Thanks Rob.

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Nov 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

To V8 we pray, in kastein's name, Amen.

• Locked thread