Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Googling that company and model number turns up almost nothing.

This is Williams Machine in TYOOL 2016: http://www.energymfg.com/williams-manufacturing/

Does this look like the pump? http://www.energymfg.com/williams-manufacturing/pump-in-tank-valve-combinations/m40_pump.html Because "model 444" turns up exactly gently caress-all except links to that pump.

I vote change the fluid and see if it lives once you've got the driveline together. It'll probably lift the bed a few inches before a line bursts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Well, at least it seems that entire replacement units are under $500 if the pump is hosed. Model 40 is apparently just the modern designation.

It likely isn't if there's still some oil in it.

E: Intake screen is $6.78 from the manufacturer.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
e: I guess I can't read, I don't know Chevys.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
The baler looks like a Massey as well, except the thrower looks wrong/broken.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
djdanno, you need to post pictures of your entire collection and tell us the story behind it.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

djdanno13 posted:

Also it's kinda nice having people appreciate your junk. Like, I like all the cars I've acquired, it's just nice to have other people think they're cool too. There's not much of a story though. I've basically just been buying them as they become available from people or auctions over the past like 15 years.

You're a drat dirty tease.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Double Plot Twist: The V12 is for the blower on the I14 cleverly hidden by expert body work.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
It's amazing what over half a century of oil and dirt can protect from rust.

Nature's undercoat.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Those brakes look surprisingly okay.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I liked the "causing a ruckus" bit too. Small town, eh?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Danno I'm a city rear end white boy and smoking out the crack of the glass outer door because there was an animal on tour roof that was probably cat sized likely a raccoon or possum and I'm too afraid to go outside because I'm drunk as fuxk and autocorrect has helped me show my shake to the world and I am so so sorry but I'm scared

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

14 BAR RIFF posted:

beginning to button up the rear end in preparation of a drive shaft.

:eyepop:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Valkyries appeared to take the Jeep to Vahalla.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Well, you could always have the wheel discs cut out and welded to new one-piece rims. Won't be supercheap but it's not uncommon since it's done for the rear wheels on tractors all the time. A good shop shouldn't have problems with centering or rebalancing when doing it.

Like, I'd be surprised if Danno doesn't have a few old tractor rims sans the discs laying around. We use them for firepits here.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 13, 2016

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Pull the 4.0, strip it as best you can, take it to a shop and have it cleaned and measured. If it's still in spec, see if it'll live again.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
But if you don't rebuild the XJ how are you gonna tow the fastback home?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
And the Jeep is just gonna become part of Danno's lawn?

:smith:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Valve cover maybe? It looked like there was a fair amount of it missing.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Delivery McGee posted:

A shrine, more like. There will be pilgrimages.

This is actually going fairly well, as Goon projects go. Remember that Aussie who bought a van for his American vacation and ended up giving up and renting a car when the engine swap didn't work out? Or pretty much any other collaborative Goon project?

Also, speaking of all the "Roadkill should see this", doesn't Finnegan live in Georgia or somesuch? Having them flown out for a Roadkill/Roadkill Garage episode is a tall order, but Mike's house is pretty much on the way, you could stop by and rummage through his pile of SBC parts.

GADD is real and 14 might just be the only goon capable of vanquishing that monster.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
You know what needs a V8?

This needs a V8.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

bend posted:

and a 2 inch chop, open headers and 4 speed

No chopping, I'm 6'3".

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

That is the best paint job on a buick I've ever seen.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
So, it's Monday morning. What's the weekly police report say?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
It's all only metal (now).

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Isn't that illegal?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
A little late to the party don't you think?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
:getin:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Have the brakes been done or are you going to make it go forward before it can stop?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
You know, so it doesn't squish a Kia on the highway.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
In before this gets a Napa sponsorship and they send out a team of wizards.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Well, at least the driveshaft is supported for some of its length. That means something is holding the transmission up on both ends.

Good enough.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
So, can we have some text to go with these pictorial updates?

What's getting cut off the frame?

Does 14 know that he's left large regions of his face uncovered by tape and this is a potential safety risk?

Will the dog hunt?

These are important questions and we demand answers.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Sir, your digitus medius manus looks awfully close to that large black object with wires coming out of it.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Now you have a handy access port for getting at the distributor.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

My Man Shran posted:

I was worried Icarus would melt his drat wings, but I'm starting to think he's going to shoot right through the sun.

I kind of want to see an episode of RCR that's just Mr. Regular sitting in the finished truck with 14 Inchman in the passenger seat driving being 14 Inchman.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Pain is only weakness leaving your body.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Yeah, rural package delivery can be somewhat sporadic.

FedEx would never come down my driveway and the guy would only stop long enough to drop a note in my mailbox. Postwoman would tuck boxes by the back door of my house. UPS guy would come down the driveway and put a note on the door unless you caught him mid-act. Purolator guy would check every outbuilding if I didn't answer the door and then leave stuff in the woodshed.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

scuz posted:

Hello from Minneapolis, Minnesota, home of the polar vortex which turned us into the coldest place on the planet for a whole week!

-5 doesn't even get recess cancelled 'round here :clint:

Here they don't close anything unless it's a foot of snow. -35C? Bundle up.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
What's the ask?

Does it run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
It'll buff out.

• Locked thread