Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005

Dannywilson posted:

Some people buy bottle service at the strip club, I get my voyeuristic action from this thread.

Does...does that mean you added cameras to the shower?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005

Slick posted:

I'm guessing the old brake line fittings are gone or missing? Could this be solved with a flaring tool and generic length of brake line?

Cut the 'wrong' NAPA fitting off, put on the original truck flare fitting and re-flare the tubing.

That might work, depending on what kind of life this truck's had. I know in PA, half the time it's easier to just jiggle the brake line until it breaks off (it takes a frighteningly small amount of jiggling), then get a socket on the fitting and hope it doesn't break off inside the wheel cylinder. This is on 10 year old vehicles. I know nothing about Montana winters, or where else the truck has lived over the past 66 years, so who knows.

Comedy option: buy some 7/16-20 bolts, drill a hole through them to accommodate the brake line, maybe chamfer the end so it roughly matches the angle of the flare, and call it good?

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

I grabbed the shaft with both hands and tried to yank myself up by the tranny and slammed right into it. Could hardly walk afterward

Sounds like a good Friday night :v:

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005

ionn posted:

Datacenters still typically have these rooms with huge banks of lead-acid batteries (large single-cell ones in long series for a few hundred volts), but for whatever reason it's nowadays deemed safe enough that they even let nosy customers like me go in and look. Nothing seemed extra explosion-proof and no spacesuits involved.

I do a lot of work at power plants, and they have similar battery banks. Anywhere from maybe 30 to 150 lead-acid batteries in series, anywhere from 50-200 pounds each. They have signs on the doors requiring respirators and suits but nobody really bothers unless they're servicing the batteries. And power plants are usually extremely strict about PPE, at least the ones I've been to.

• Locked thread