Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Let Us know when 14 is bus-bound!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

HandlingByJebus posted:

He didn't. Pretty close, he got there on his packed-up bike with his packed-up backpack, but 15 minutes late (I have a photo from Dave at about 8:30 last night of him there on his bike - it was unstable with all of the load on it) . There's a 9AM he can catch with a change fee he can cover. I gather he's slept near the bus station with his camping gear.

I've told him that if there are any fees / what for the bus that he can't cover to have them call me and I'll pay for them. If Dave wants to get on a bus, I will get him on that bus. If he doesn't, there's nothing we can do.

drat keep us updated and let us know what feedback extra you have to pay if it gets him on the bus

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
If you manage to get him on the bus Jebus PM me your # and 14's new # so I can help going forward

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Just get to the destination Dave and there are people on here who will get you what you need.
Will try to text you tonight.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I've texted him in the past hour will let you know if I hear anything

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Somebody message or text me with how the Walmart thing works I'm glad to throw in

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Do you need a room tonight? There is a cheap
Smoking room at knights inn at North Platte but do t k ow how it would work if I booked for you would t you need a credit card for incidentals or something?

Edit: in contact with 14 he is going to walk to the hotel and see if I will be allowed to book him a room through the app and my account

everdave fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Sep 6, 2017

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Text him I'm texting back and forth now

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

HandlingByJebus posted:

I'm on hold for the SLC Greyhoud baggage department.

e: it's going to be loving cold in North Platte tonight. 4* Centigrade (39 Freedom Degrees).

I got Dave a hotel room tonight its all
Confirmed

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

HandlingByJebus posted:

You're a hero. Thanks, man.

I'm happy to do it but probably can't throw down on Walmart this week. I'll let you know when I hear 14 in the room.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Yes I assume he has I'd as they let him in the hotel

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
He is staying at the Knights Inn tonight if that has any relevance to plans

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I just heard from him he said he got a lot of rest and took many showers at the hotel last night. Anyone who gets an update on bike/luggage/travel let us know

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Well we need to come up with a plan b. I covered a hotel room last night, I wish I could just put him up indefinitely but I can't. I could probably justify another night if anyone wanted to chip in $30-40

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

Departing north platte on foot via hwy 30 west to ogalala

drat man is there not a trucker or something can give you a lift?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Man gently caress greyhound. 14 says he is walking I told him to tell me if he needs help/lodging. I don't think we should entertain the thought of buying a $600 bike right now. Let's tweet at greyhound maybe reach out try to get it linked from somewhere with a following? I've got like 3 people who have offered to chip in on hotel rooms for now.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
14 fed some show horses in exchange for a ride he is mobile right now. Depending on his situation tonight I may get him another hotel room. PM me if interested in helping and I will contact those who have already messaged me if this ends up happening.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I've booked 14 in a time the Days Inn Paxton, NE for the evening

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
14 is in the room safe for the night

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Actually kind of amazing they didn't try to upsell you on insurance.

this is your greyhound station in Ogallala

Holy
poo poo

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Is there greyhound station in valentine?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Quest Complete: Escape the Emerald City

You have lost Karma with the faction(s):
Motorcycle Gang
Maserati Enthusiasts
Seattle PD
The Grey Hound

You have gained Karma with the faction(s):
Automotive Insanity
Church of the Vee Eight

The Grey Hound is now your enemy!

Skill in survival has increased by 1.

You have gained the perk: Iron Belly
You have activated the perk: Wild Wasteland

Nice

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

This may sound loving ridiculous but: can we get the man an Uber?

I tried to look for Lyft and Uber the first night to get him the 50 miles and there is nothing there, I wish, I have a $50 Lyft credit

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Dave is laying by I-30 halfway between Paxton and Roscoe. NM can you contact anyone on the bike site? I honestly don't know what to do right now. If he can get to Oga I can get him a room and at least he will be by a Greyhound station. Anyone have any ideas? 14 has hit the wall he is about giving up.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
UPDATE: 14 is getting a ride to Oga from the Highway Patrol (as a free man, or so I assume)

I will look into getting him a hotel room tonight, though I think they are more pricey here than in the other two towns. Anyone have a plan or any suggestions on what we do after that?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Well 14 is now telling me of some wild Datura he has found and I am asking him kindly not to experiment with crazy psychoactive drugs he found on the side of the road

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

nm posted:

Fwiw, rural cops giving people rides on the side of the road is pretty common. I think I've hitched 2 cop rides myself.
In any event, if he's not getting ogallala this way, let me know and I'll contact the person.
If he is there, I recommend dave reach out to them (this is better done by him, ws doesn't really work well in a friend of a friend system) and they might let him camp on thier lawn for a few days or something.

he is en route to Oga, I have a line on a hotel tonight if it works out, and then if he needs to be in town a few days it would be a great help if he could reach out to those contacts

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
14 is in Oga

I will probably get him a room at the Travelodge tonight to let him rest and clean up, hopefully we can come up with a plan for beyond tomorrow...

Anyone who can help (and I don't mean just money, I mean planning and contacting people and greyhound and coordinating) please get in touch

he is safe for now and heading to the hotel to see if I can get him a room

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Bike and supplies are not at Oga "station" and they have no idea about it. They said they can call him if it shows up. He said he can get on a bus tonight at 10:15 (going where I don't know) or I offered to get him a hotel room tonight. He's going to Walmart to get something to eat

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

That travelodge looks nice for 66 bucks.

Yep just waiting to hear from 14 if he wants to stay tonight

Edit: got 14 a room at Travelodge

everdave fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Sep 7, 2017

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Will check PM and get back to you but yes we need someone closer to help thank you!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
There is a Denver goon willing to go get Dave and take him to Valentine

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I have texted 14 and Tremek the Denver goon has his # haven't heard back from 14 he may be asleep at hotel

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Denver goon inbound tomorrow to acquire 14
Inch dick and take him to Valentine

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

MVP shout to Anker, last charged on sept 1 finally ran dry. Front desk happened to have a 1A wall charger they gave me to keep.

Nice

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Thoughts on a pop-up camper for 14 in Valentine? Helpful?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I think we're going to try to get one today tontow to 14 and then Valentine (and by we I mean Tremek doing all the work)

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Tremek posted:

On track for a 3:30 meeting with a guy that has what looks to be a pretty nice Coleman. 2x4s can stand in place of the cable system until Dave can figure out how to repair, seems like more of an inconvenience than a case of livable or not. Knowing how crappy weather can get on the Plains in October and beyond, I feel pretty strongly that this is a better solution than a tent.

I'll be headed northeast to NE following that.

Good luck my man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

slothrop posted:

Can we help recompense Jebus/Tremek/Everdave for what they've put in so far? I'm open to throwing a few bucks to those guys for their amazing contributions.

Yes, I will post and confirm about the camper, I told Tremek I would promise half even if we didn't get any goons throwing in (which I know we will). PM me if you want to help. And give a huge shout out to Tremek who is driving to Nebraska to pick up 14 and carry him on to Valha...I mean Valentine

• Locked thread