Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Garbage Dick posted:

Serious offer pay my way start to finish and i'll ride shotgun with tools. I need no compensaton otherwise.

Holy poo poo, take this man's offer immediately, no other mechanic I'd rather have riding shotgun.

[e] where in Florida are you located?

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That's actually a pretty good idea.

The only issue I see is getting Dick's tools there and back, unless he just takes whatever he can with him on the plane.

It would be ideal to have his entire set at his disposal but I don't see how that could be feasible.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

SouthsideSaint posted:

With a vehicle that old a standard socket set a test light timing light and screw driver set will aide you in reaching Valhalla.

Good point. A cordless 18v impact would probably be invaluable as well and not take up too much space.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Powershift posted:

No, it's perfectly safe, just get a safety cage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2HwfyjUXFI

Holy Christ, I need a super slow mo to see what the hell even happened :psyduck:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Liquid Communism posted:

Sidewall failed where it meets the tread right about neck level to the dummy. Decapitated it nicely and blew the body at least 15'.

It boggles my mind that the air escaping the tire alone could do that, if that's possible what is even the point of the cage.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Astonishing Wang posted:

The point of the cage is that you're not supposed to rest your head on the cage.

I don't think just standing next to it would have made much difference, your lifeless ragdoll body gets thrown 10 feet instead of 15 maybe?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If somebody can follow and film/edit this poo poo it will rival anything Roadkill has ever done.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Canned Ham Radio posted:

So what part of Nebraska did this beast end up in? I am in St.Pete, Florida and find myself considering a road trip to act as a chase vehicle... Filming the epic journey on my go pro..
I am riding a 2001 Crown Vic (retired cop special) so it can haul large amounts of tools or people should the need arise..

Either way, I look forward to seeing where this goes!

If you end up doing this let me know, I'm in St.Pete as well and I will send you bearing gifts for mr. 14 and ExplodingSims for the long journey. Maybe limes so they don't get scurvy? Salted meats?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ExplodingSims posted:

So, surprisingly, Rockauto carries the wheel cylinders for the 1.5 ton trucks, but nothing else.
Return springs and shoes seem to be somewhat hard to source, according to the Stovebolt members. But we'll figure something out. Who needs brakes anyways?

How difficult/expensive is it to swap in some discs? Would be nice to have a couple of giant discs and calipers up front for better stopping power.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kastein posted:

Once it's home and can be measured, played with, partsbin engineered, and tweaked? Easy. In a field in Nebraska before a 2000 mile drive? Concerningly difficult unless someone else has done it and posted an incredibly detailed writeup.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, might be worth a shot if it's been well documented but what are the odds of that. Too bad because it would be some nice insurance for the long trip home.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

SouthsideSaint posted:

50% of people who claims to know how to it are lying. And people who boast supremacy of manuals don't take them out of cars often. I would much rather be jerking auto trannys then man trannys all day long.

I know how to swap a clutch out on a Miata, but when it goes on this one I'm paying someone else to do it :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It's an American capitalist thing. Fill the jug with half water and charge the same price, I've found it it hard to get non premixed at times.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Shoulda drove the Jeep back to FL :smug:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Why do I imagine 14 trying to fabricate a trans crossmember out of trees on the side of I75 somewhere in Georgia

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah once the Jeep is all buttoned up, good running 4x4's always fetch good coin in states that get snow.

Then buy the Jimmy and tow the the fastback with it :)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Can't wait until you drain the diff, now THAT is going to smell like victory.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

14 BAR RIFF posted:

My face is tingling where the spatter hit me :stonk:

Haha. Reminds me when I was spraying Termidor for termites and some got on my face and half my face went numb. Was making GBS threads my pants there for a bit.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Gear oils still good

How the gently caress......Oh god.

Another avatar option, lol :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

:lol:

[e] somebody make one of gear oil 14 at the Trump acceptance speech :v:

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 9, 2016

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Good poo poo, doesn't look bad at all.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Hahahaha

I hear it's good for the skin, cleans the pores right out!

[e] Can't stop laughing at this You made my day 14

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 9, 2016

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

djdanno13 posted:

one thing about living in Valentine I never could stomach; all the drat skinwalkers.

*googles skinwalkers*

:stare:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Jeep is dead.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Each picture and video posted just keeps raising the bar, it's like a never ending bar raiser, I hope it never ends.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Oh god I love the Ford behind the Jeep carcass. Is that a Galaxy?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

djdanno13 posted:

67 galaxy with a 390 and 3 on the tree.

:aaa:

Is it your daily? Must be a pleasure to drive on those open roads. Beautiful car.

Would love to see more pics of it if you get a chance.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Nah, FL natives usually don't like anything under 70 myself included. Give me heat all day long and gently caress the cold.

It's 57 out right now and I'm really not liking it :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I have one of those for work, and I gotta say I like just swapping out batteries rather than recharging a drat flashlight call me old fashioned I guess.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Dude all I can smell in dannos house is this solid wall of angry turd from earlier

Lol poor danno.

Might be time to call in a port a potty just for 14, just make sure to put it at least 200 yards away from the house.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

We can only hope :allears:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yesssss. Bagged dump truck would be the poo poo.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Somebody change the cig in his avatar to a thermometer :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

With the track record he has on that end, I dunno if I'd be risking putting anything in there that might possibly unleash the gates of unholy hell.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

No pics or labels or anything to go by? Jesus good luck man, gently caress wiring I hate it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dan has obviously escaped the oncoming pickled egg blitzkrieg and is probably in Colorado by now

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You're gonna LOVE Florida :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

No it's a dick shape in the snow duh

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CharlesM posted:

I mean this in all sincerity, will there be a carbon monoxide danger?

As long as they patch up the hole in the firewall he should be fine.

Also was wondering, does it have a functional heater?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Elephanthead posted:

Look they are going to Florida they don't need a heater.

He has to make it there first lol. In the winter it really doesn't start getting all that warm in FL until you're halfway down the state :v:

It's 72 degrees in Tampa Bay right now :smug:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

scuz posted:

Drugs are neat, and you can buy 'em relatively cheap.

The first time I did shrooms I barfed like nuts, got driven home to my lovely apartment, and once I got into bed I could have sworn I was transported back to my childhood bedroom and all I could think about was how awesome my mom was and how I missed her a bunch. Laugh/cried myself to sleep. Great times!

Haha. Shrooms are abundant and free in FL if you know where to go. Back in the day we would put them on Tombstone pizzas. Good times, never had issues taking shrooms. LSD however is a different story, all it took was one bad trip for me to swear off hallucinogens for good :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Live stream it.

• Locked thread