Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

DICK DICER posted:

It was 27 degrees 2 days ago

Feels good don't it?

Embrace the humidity it is your friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tijuana Farts is the perfect food for him right now. God help you all.

Their tostadas are the bomb btw.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

sneakyfrog posted:

no horrible HOA though right?

From the looks of the neighborhood it's older so I doubt it. Most of the HOAs around here seem to go hand in hand with newer gated communities, I guess it would be difficult to create one out of nowhere in an already long established neighborhood.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

DICK DICER posted:

Yep, gonna go make that rocket launch and potentially ride for the Keys

That would be a loving killer ride down US 1 man.

There's a decent Hostel in Florida City right at the start of US1, would be a good place to rest up before you head out, the people that run it are cool.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Just looked them up. They have some downright reasonable rates (and even offer camping spots?! holy poo poo), and looks loving awesome. Looks more like a mini resort than a hostel.

I used to stay there cuz it's right by Homestead speedway, back when I did motorsports photography, it was nice and a hell of a lot cheaper than a hotel. Also there is an amazing mexican restaurant across the street from it called Rosilitas I think. Best loving chimichangas I've ever had in my life, ate there every day I stayed and anytime I go to the Keys I always stop there to eat.

[e] come to think of it Dave, the Keys are still recovering from Irma, you could probably make some spare cash if you needed it just helping out doing manual labor type poo poo. This time of year is perfect for it because it's starting to cool off now.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 25, 2017

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Also uh... your version of nice weather is probably still sweltering hot to someone who's spent his entire life in Cali and Washington. Just sayin. :v:

Next week is forecast to be in the 70's for highs so not bad. The winter weather is finally starting for us now which is nice.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

DICK DICER posted:

Come to me, my tiny lizard minions :black101:

Lol. My backyard lizard population has exploded since I put in a new fence, it's awesome.

When you're going further south you'll start seeing Iguanas :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Jesus Christ no. Disney is a giant waste of time and money, the only reason to go there is if you have children and even then it's a struggle.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The space center is the best place to go while he's here, and riding through the everglades and on to the Keys would be far more enjoyable than any dumbass tourist trap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1wBSRg2yDY

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

DICK DICER posted:

Actually we are getting some parts for it now

I ALSO JUST SAW MR COOL ICE CREAM

Lol are you serious? That guy lives in Orlando?

You got his autograph right.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Haha. I was gonna say where's the selfie with him you're slackin :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I did not know there are Amphicar rides in Orlando, I need to check that poo poo out.

Where exactly is it at Sims?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Wrar posted:

Yo before you go through South Miami Dade let me know, I know where a bunch of good food is, and a decent amount is on your way to the keys.

I mentioned Rositas in Florida City, ever been there? Best Mexican I've had in this state.

But yeah lets hear what you got.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

DICK DICER posted:

I just introduced Larry and his side piece to The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margarett :getin:

Never heard of this, and after reading about it, sounds like a spinoff show about George Costanza :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That Oak tree survived Irma well, we had a lot go down or get damaged around here.

Niacin posted:

I'd forgotten the other thing that was good about Florida until seeing this. Pollo Tropical and Dixie Crossroads. Rock shrimp in the shell on a quarter-sheet pan dropped by a dismissive, unhealthy Confederate. Y'all should go.

Pollo Tropical is an average at best chain, if you want real Cuban food you need to find a local family restaurant. We have them up here in the Bay area, there should be a shitload of them down in Miami. If you're eating at Pollo Tropical to get good Cuban food you're doing it wrong.

Sims, do you have any place that makes a good Cuban sandwich near you?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah they do that to the pork too, douse it with lard or something so it's greasy and bland.

I dunno, maybe the Pollo Tropicals are better in Miami, but once you've been to a real Cuban restaurant, Pollo is not even a consideration. It's like any other fast food chain you try to avoid if you can.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Smashed your head on it?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Scumdogs is the best GWAR album, don't like much of their stuff after that, to me that's when they peaked.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fermented Tinal posted:

My buddy rewired his boat a couple years ago. With speaker wire.

When I discovered this I cursed him out for about 15 minutes because I know I'm gonna have to rewire his loving boat for my peace of mind.

What the gently caress. I don't understand people that refuse to do even basic research on how to do something, even to double check to make sure what you're doing is correct or not. Other than a fire on a plane, fire on a boat is the worst possible situation you could be in, how do you not have that in the back of your mind? I cease to be amazed by this kind of poo poo.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Good luck man, the wife and I felt the same way, did the same thing and ended up coming back two years later. Luckily we rented our house and didn't sell it. It was kind of of a grass is greener thing, and made us realize we just wanted to stay here in FL. It was a fun experience (managed a campground in western NY) and probably something we needed to do to figure things out. Financially it hosed us up but what are you gonna do, you gotta take a gamble sometimes.

Hope you get the truck there in one piece and hope Vegas works out for you.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol that Camaro. The funniest part is someone is actually paying storage for that and has probably paid it's value fifty times over :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Because the wheels are the only thing worth saving :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Seminal Flu posted:

Me, too. The ease of maintenance, not having to take 45 minutes every couple weeks to go to a barber, the badass look, it's all positive results.

Plus, when you've done it for years (I've had a shaved head since the late '90s), you end up laughing at the time, effort and expense people put into stupid hair maintenance.

Lol if you're a women yeah. I still have my hair (thank god) and all I do is wash it and comb it, done. Super difficult maintenance :v:

Haircut every four or five months, not a big deal, I'll take the trade off :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah Utah is cool, check out Bryce Canyon whenever you get a chance, it's not too far from Vegas and totally worth the trip.

• Locked thread