Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Walking Dead heard those criticisms and actually added black people that weren't named things like "T-Dog" around season 3. SV so far hasn't seemed to address that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It also got much more watchable around the time they added black people! It's trash TV that wants to be prestige, but it's not interminably boring anymore.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Are landlords in California really that limited in power?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
We'll have to wait and see if they sacrificed a great plot idea for it, but in the short term that ending was an incredible gag.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mrmcd posted:

I always thought it was supposed to be some sort of fictional hybrid of many tech giants, including Google, Apple, Oracle, Microsoft, Amazon, etc, since there are aspects that map to a lot of different tech companies.

Also since all of those companies exist in the SV universe it would be dumb to have a complete parody of one.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ElCondemn posted:

I really don't see what non-nerds get out of the show, I have to explain to my wife a bunch of the jokes and references. I'm really happy there's a comedy show on TV that's aimed at tech people. As opposed to shows like big bang theory who are for people who hate nerds or who call themselves nerds because they spend all day on facebook.

There are maybe one or two esoteric jokes per episode. It's not written in some sort of secret tech nerd code. You don't have to explain why standing up to your boss in front of two horses loving or a monotone satanist insulting his roommates are funny things.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Weren't they the ones who got in trouble with the FDA because you're not allowed to call something mayonaise unless it is made out of egg, oil, and vinegar?

Yes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Whoa, Dr. Octagon

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That was an all time Jared moment

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
"Where'd you get those sunglasses?"
:c00l: "Your mother."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The best animated comedy is Clone High. This is irrefutable.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Shooting Blanks posted:

And that wasn't funny either.

This is the worst opinion in the thread.

TJ Miller was great in Extract.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Snak posted:

I don't even remember him in that. Who was he?

The guy in the grindcore band.

Also holy poo poo the VR guy was Haley Joel Osment?

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 29, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Bring Ed Chambers back

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Did anyone catch the end credits song this week? That beat was awesome. Usually it's in the AV Club review but they didn't have it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Phenotype posted:

I'm pretty sure you do get paid more for being in good (or at least heavily-grossing) movies, but my point was you may not continue to get movie roles if everything you star in is a complete disaster.

Nothing about that list of movies suggests they'll be complete disasters. What are you basing it on? Titles?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Analytic Engine posted:

If TJ is accurate about Alec Berg then gently caress that guy, he's ruining what used to be a hugely promising show. Go watch VEEP or something and learn how to make serialized comedy, because that is what HBO subscribers are paying for. Not this meandering network TV style.

Awkward timing considering Veep just hit a big reset button last night too.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cingulate posted:

I don't get it :(

He is calling him ugly

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Beller posted:

The biggest problem with Veep is that it isn't funny.

This is the worst opinion in the history of TVIV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

when are they going to gently caress?

Hopefully never. I like that Monica exists as more than a love interest, though her character is still pretty half-baked.

• Locked thread