Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Why didn't Gavin just say no to the Jackson Hole detour?

californians are physically incapable of saying no

(but love being butthurt about doing things they could have said no to)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Prediction: Russ Hanneman will at some point express surprise that Monica views being able to stare at dongs all day as a punishment

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

get that OUT of my face posted:

Jian Yang is the most improved character this season.

Jian Yang is the best character.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

kiimo posted:

Had to explain to girlfriend who this was and how kind of unbelievable it is to have a Dr. Octagon song in...anything.

Is Dr Octoagon not decently well known? (At least, among the demographic watching "Silicon Valley")

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Bighead's female student is going to bang Bighead. Calling it now.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

My buddy thinks the same thing, but that Richard is going to gently caress over all of his friends and partners. I could see it, but it would be out of the norm for this show. My honest guess is they're gonna find a way to end the season like every other season. With the guys clawing their way back up again.

the zuckerberg movie was foreshadowing

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
something something Chekhov's Zuck

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think she'll be integral in getting Richard's new internet to work, but Gilfoyle will be convinced she put all sorts of backdoors in it for herself and go full on ~Aspie OCD freakout~ and tank the launch or say something to the wrong person.

there's thin line between love and hate

gilfoyle will end up dating her

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

PittTheElder posted:

Definitely what I was expecting when she first came to the house, glad they went the other way with it, at least for now.

alternatively: gilfoyle dated her in the past

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Locke Dunnegan posted:

if you don't agree that existence is a pointless tragedy of endless suffering and is arguably improved via the nonexistence of suicide then you yourself may be the brokebrain imo

or you could quit insisting life needs a point and focus on minimizing pain while maximizing pleasure

unfortunately brokebrains never advocates epicureanism because most "deep philosophers" are actually just depressed edgelords who regurgitate things other depressed edgelords who skimmed the wikipedia article on nietzsche told them

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

anime was right posted:

jian yang better be the richest person alive when this show ends

I think a good plot point would be that Erlich talked slowly like he couldn't speak English when he moved in, and he just rolled with it. He's been fluent in English the entire time and just passive aggressively trolling everyone for their soft racism though a campaign of malicious compliance and fish gutting.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i've been seriously considering writing a spec script where jared leaves to work for a DC nonprofit

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
A plot: Jared's usual awkardness
B plot: Erlich is arrested for smoking marijuana in front of the White House land after misunderstanding DCs kafkaesque marijuana laws

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Loved how the only problem with the blood boy's pot habit was the high cholesterol from all the munchies food, not the pot itself. :allears:

Pot might effect your lungs, but doesn't really effect your blood.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
It doesn't surprise me Miller is leaving. I won't share too many details, but someone I know saw him get really drunk and make a bunch of (unfunny) comments. Apparently he's insufferable and basically the cast's Chevy Chase, only without the prior track record of good work.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

Comments about the show?

Comments about :airquote: females :airquote: bitches

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Did they ever say who Laurie's baby daddy is?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
They could have McAfee play a crazy neighbor, who ends up killing Erlich in the season finale.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
to whoever was suggesting John McAfee should play a character: John McAfee is a character.

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/865717709140578304

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Erlich becomes the first man to overdose on marijuana

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Osmosisch posted:

TJ Miller was on the Nerdist podcast just now and leaving came up of course. His main stated reason was that he's just too busy, and he felt like he needed to give up some of the more safe, comfortable things and focus on more challenging stuff.

Like the emoji movie? 🤔

Pope Guilty posted:

There used to be a service where you could share files with the rest of the network in exchange for devoting a chunk of your hard drive to an encrypted portion of the network's files, with no way of knowing what that chunk contained. Guess what kind of files that service was full of.

linux isos?

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 14, 2017

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

WELL THEN HERE'S ANOTHER ISSUE!!

You need to store multiple copies of every file, effectively removing the compression benefit. This is to avoid the sentence "Welp, Cingulate uninstalled the app last night, and he had 7 bytes of my data on his phone, so I can never open this Word document again."

with a weisman score that high they can probably afford to duplicate across multiple phones.

And you don't have a 1:1 mapping of files to phones, you probably have shards across many phones, each chunk with some overlap.

*drinks three redbulls and starts drawing on his mirror with a whiteboard marker*

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

The feds have infiltrated Tor. A significant portion of Tor exit nodes are run by the US government.

when you find out who originally funded tor your head is going to explode

ps: nsa hates tor

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 14, 2017

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

splifyphus posted:

That's not Epicureanism, that's hedonism for babbys. Pleasure and pain are simply relative points on the spectrum of sensation. Pursue pleasure and your life will be filled with pain, accept/pursue pain and it turns into pleasure etc etc

Epicurus figured that poo poo out and recommended a very simple life with minimal aesthetic/sensory contrasts for maximum contentment. You can learn all of this simply by skimming Wikipedia.

Thanks for sperging out on a post I made over a month ago. Sometimes people simply things in examples rather than regurgitating half a a Wikipedia article on the off chance someone gets there metaphysical jimmies rustled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

SunshineDanceParty posted:

He's being super blunt about what he's doing and a bunch of people are still reacting like he's serious. Maybe it's just an element of people only reading headlines.

• Locked thread