Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Bighead just got $20m.

I forget the numbers from the episode, but how much did Raviga invest? I could see Bighead stumbling into owning a very decent share of PP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

CWO.

Chief Worthlessness Officer.

CFO

Chief gently caress-you-I-gots-the-Benjamins Officer

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

This is Bighead we're talking about. He'll blow every dollar of that twenty million on a potato gun that can send a potato into low earth orbit.

...then someone will suggest how to use it as a micro-satellite launcher or ASAT weapon and he'll join the three comma club.

I know, he's incompetent, but the only reason he's in the show is because he was buddies with the gang before they left, and he didn't have the gonads to follow suit. Now that he's contractually cut off from his rooftop Hooli buddies, I could definitely see him crawling back to the Pied Piper boys with his tail between his legs and a wad of cash.

Like, seriously. It's Chekhov's Severance Pay.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Never realized Zach Woods was on The Office! I gave up on that show pretty early into its run, but these Gabe clips are amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_yeh0iU6n4

I usually hate actors who only do one character, but I could watch Zach Woods all day :allears:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

mrmcd posted:

Also I can't believe someone didn't quote the best line from the last episode: "I've organized a lot of estate sales, so this is kind of my wheelhouse. I have a lot of elderly friends."

I wish they updated Jared's blog on the Pied Piper site more frequently, or else let him have his own personal blog like Let's Talk About Splett. If I quoted every Jared line that made me do a spit take...I'd be quoting every Jared line.

This one was particularly good, yes. I like how his life is just so obviously sad that every quip like this is both a revelation, and thoroughly unsurprising.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
VIM people also tend to be insufferable douchebags.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I think the Richard hate comes down to whether or not you like cringe humor. I can't stand it, so I end up muting the TV for about half of Richard's screen time.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

tarlibone posted:

Did we ever come to a consensus as to whether or not leaking the plans for the skunk works was done on purpose? Because a couple of redditers I know swore that the fact that they promised to make the box first and then work on the platform proved that they planned it all along.

Which didn't make sense to me, because I thought their secret plan was to spin their wheels as long as possible on the box while working on the platform in secret so they could present it instead of the box when it was time for everyone to show their hands, as it were.

Now I'm confused. Excuse me while I press the space bar 8 times.

I think the consensus is that it would have been a masterstroke had it been intentional, and it wasn't reading unreasonably deeply into the episode's title to think that it was, but in the end Richard is a clutzy doofus.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
How much do we need to read into this? Raviga and Hooli were getting stale as plot devices.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I hope you don't mean Peter Gregory (?) from season 1. He died irl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Fake Mark Cuban, though?

• Locked thread