Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
Found an amusing graphical bug as soon as I logged in.

I introduce to you, the Buzztor/Rapard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Xolve posted:

Can you tell me what that is in Escalades?

I refuse your silly German measuring mechanics.

The largest gun is what? 1600mm? So like 1/3 of an Escalade at once.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

I thought it supplied the mad dog 20/20 at the boat party. Which is like a yacht party only it's at boats house.

Still no girls though.

I hadn't seen or even heard of mad dog in like 10 years. Goddamn that stuff is vile.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

vyst posted:

Look at this scrub that doesn't know his hammer history

Hammer pants need to make a comeback.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Blazing Zero posted:

id rather see bell bottoms :colbert:

Bell bottoms had their moment again like 10-15 years ago. Hammer pants are due for theirs.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

VideoGames posted:

I really enjoy the cool shadowy light behind the ship effects :D

I wish I could actually run the game on high settings cause it really is quite pretty.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Stay warm puppers.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

You can't just plant a Xenuria in our citadel. This is our home. This is some Geneva convention levels of violation.

Weaponized autism.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Jazzzzz posted:

so was that just Paco's schtick or is he really online cancer

Is there a difference?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Dalael posted:

I'm confused too. I said that thing in reference to this post here:

So I don't know.

Groon hasn't been in the alliance since I started playing so I'm going with this being an old post.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
Is Paco still in GSF? At least Xenuria never decided to poo poo up the forums this bad.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Fix Lag posted:

Meanwhile I've found a portal to the actual unknown

The Drifters have cleverly disguised their wormhole entrances as goatse.

no ring 2/5

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Nietzschean posted:

i do social research on racial and sexual minority issues and volunteer for lgbt organisations, but this has nothing to do with a space guild which can with a few keystrokes change a bcast target or fire a bigot

not sure what you are trying to win here by further engaging on this topic, there is no moral highground to be won with your argument. im pretty strictly a company man so its not like im going to gently caress off and write a drama post about it somewhere but lets call a spade a spade. either we give a poo poo and keystrokes will be made, or we dont and we should admit it.

You'd think a person who does research on racial issues would know that calling a spade a spade is a lovely metaphor, but here we are, calling a bullshit artist a shitposter.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Endie posted:

Maybe he understands the difference between homographs, homonyms and synonyms. What next: trigger warnings on homophones? Is Mountain Dew anti-semitic in your world? Is "homophone" itself required to be excised from the language as a slur on the LGBTQQIAAP community?

The metaphor "calling a spade a spade" has been racist for a long rear end time now. Spade has been a term for a black person since the 1800s. Sorry you're too loving ignorant to know this. Here's an article to back me up incase you're too stupid to know this to begin with.

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2013/09/19/224183763/is-it-racist-to-call-a-spade-a-spade

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Dalael posted:

Sure some people may have used it in a racist fashion, but that's their problem.

Fuckin tell that to a person who's dealt with systemic racism you terrible poster.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
You all realize that racism is based on where you're from right? Cause that term is terrible where I am.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

VideoGames posted:

OK a new and good rule for the thread. There is to be no more discussion on racism. Use of racist terms or anything about it. There are racist people in the world and I feel sad for them, but I do not want to let it drag down a thread about space gaming.

If people in the alliance you are in act racist then I would not talk to them or be friends with them. I would consider them to be lost souls who need guidance with their views. However, this should not affect our posting about the game in this thread.

A good and welcome rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Libluini posted:

Don't be sad! Just become more cynical every time this happens. After a certain treshold of cynicism is breached, even this thread will look enjoyable again.

Don't try to turn his virginal mysticism of the game into bitterness. He's the one think that keeps this thread from turning into one massive hatefuck.

• Locked thread