Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I bought a newbie miner that was asking questions in local a mackinaw. He was very scared I was scamming him and was hesitant to accept at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Despera posted:

Fittings

Glory of Arioch posted:

lol if you paid 120b for a titan

like unless you went full purple for everything from tracking computers to smartbombs to invulns.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Despera posted:

Spent it all on that useless titan

I'll buy if you're selling.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Fix Lag posted:

Angelique, two things:

One, go to Groon. Pandemic Horde is the merely the latest fashionable gaggle of retards in space. Groon is a fun, cool place with filled with fun, cool people. Horde is not.

Two, put up or shut up, because I'm tired of hearing serious allegations with no supporting evidence. If you accuse someone, have something to back it up.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ullerrm posted:

Also, jesus, EFT still not updated. Looks like I'm finally switching full-time to PyFa.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

did aryndal vyst really leave

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Khablam posted:

At the risk of ruining a fun dogpile, he was pointing out that it's not hard to get into Waffles vs PL, so the surprise he was "in PL" wasn't warranted.

say an army is composed of footmen and knights. there is a big battle where the footmen are just in a grindfest while the knights get easy kills running down archers. Afterwards the knights post about how good their k/d ratio is why the rest of their army or coalition lost. Historically this was mainly NC. with everyone else in N3 being their serfs. Any victory was NC.'s victory, where as any loss that member of N3's loss alone.

It's happening now with one sec PL crowing about panfam but the second any other entity takes losses its "lol gj its just horde". It's not nearly as bad though as NC.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

Horde is almost a mirror of karmafleet. Except instead of SRP the ships were handed out for free to begin with.

And sometimes they just suicide the whole fleet into hostiles and try to take as many expensive ships with them as possible. Because the Horde ships were cheap anyway and taking 10 gates home is :effort:

are you really trying to like convince me to join horde or something also unless they're handing out actual doctrine ships like ferox's its not an actual improvement over goonswarm reimbursement.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Trying to argue over who is having more fun is dumb as gently caress

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

It's like the level GSF can't help but play this game on.

If it was a game of monopoly. I would probably have to take a picture of the board before going to the bathroom. To make sure the pieces were still where I left them.

You have a fragile mind. You are the enemy. You told leadership who your alts are.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

more about your raw ehp, since a single talos or couple cats do more than that

yeah you're not going to out tank their dps, you just need enough ehp to live long enough for concord to get on grid

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

wow he sure showed you, with that 5 million isk kill and all.

lol

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

key to not getting ganked by stunt is to not jump ship just to keep on ratting

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

x

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

stunt was originally blacklisted by blawrf. My how the tables turn

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Can we rename he'll dump to the doxx chamber

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

hey paco you've got thin skin, maybe ask vyst if he has some to spare??

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Endie posted:

Paco, I enjoyed your "it's 'dox'"/"it's 'doxx'" trolling on twitter, and I never really thought you were hated on gf dot com (although I have perhaps not been as active there recently as in the past) but you are so thin-skinned that you should ask vyst if he has enough left over to provide you with at least some sort of basic protection from the elements.

Edit: gently caress, beaten by pooki

:smugdog:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yeah, I'd love for cynoing out to not be instant.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Dr. Pangloss posted:

I think JFs are hard to nerf enough to appease those that only want to gank them without killing their usefulness. Yeah, you could make it so that they can only jump out of HS that border a LS/NS, but that just delays things until the market moves to Isikano or whatever that system is that's next to pakkonen. Then they will jump off the undock of that station and you've solved nothing.

A spool up timer would be interesting for all jump capable ships, but I wouldn't apply it to only JFs. In fact, a spool up timer of equal length for going into siege or triage would be interesting too. Then you've got a race to jump out as three phoenixes undock with you, will your jump timer finish first or their siege timer?

I wouldn't change anything about how JFs work right now. Fully bulkhead fit, they hold less than two fully skilled DSTs. Fully expanded, with a few hundred million in faction expanders, you still top out at 385k m3. When you're talking null logistics, that's not a lot of space. 77k fuel blocks, 128k units of stront, 15 battleships (packaged).

I love killing JFs as much as anyone, but of all the balancing issues that exist in Eve right now, JFs don't seem to be the glaring issue.

dude its not even just gankers, trying to hunt down hostile logistics in 0.0 is literally impossible unless they jump to a loving cyno beacon

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Despera posted:

Though if retaking dek keeps you from posting in D&D ill personally lead the reconquest.

Didn't you toxx clause not to post here again?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

What in the gently caress is this abomination? A half a billion isk guardian that will cap itself out in less than 3 minutes? Haha holy poo poo dude.

What are you on about, any logi fit over 3 minutes and mwd fit is cap stable enough. On my phone so the rest of the fit be garbage but if you get a mwd logi fit to fully cap stable then you're making tank sacrifices.

You don't loving perma run everything. After he's caught reps and healed up you loving turn reps off and get ready for the next primary. In between you'll regen enough cap. And if not, there is always Minndflood.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 20:13 on May 15, 2016

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

people getting all huffy about the imperium supercap sale policy is on a fairly short list of my most favorite things

I likd to think My complaining to diplos on the policy having no teeth for enforcement then changing the policy to have teeth after catching co2 2 months before they flipped was all connected

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Paco I don't hate yiu but your loving essays are trying to convert me.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nice meltdown

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ullerrm posted:

Genuine question -- does anyone think that there's room for a no-politics-allowed "Eve game mechanics" thread?

This thread is rotting garbage, but the chill thread is too silly for me. I just want to let my mental encyclopedia loose and legit discuss ship/mod balance and talk spreadsheets without a bunch of d-names making ten different single-sentence posts and spamming static in every page.

You can just PM me your fits if I get to do likewise

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

bangers and hash posted:

Let's go full dick move and invade FCON now that we're reset. :getin:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

being a hardcore lowsec entity could be cool, you're close enough to hisec for logistics, and FW space is active enough that there are usually good fights around

living in a staging that is in direct JF range of jita is insane

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

YouTuber posted:

Each successive act of aggression restarts the 15min timer. CCP got sick of people just logging off Titans to avoid fights. Supercap brawls stopped happening because you'll be stuck until downtime. Them being expensive isn't the reason they don't happen, we'd drop Dreadnoughts on each other back in 2006 when they were stupidly expensive relative to the size of an average player's income. They just changed a bunch of mechanics related to Capitals and Supers that may make a fight more likely since they've become more glass cannon than before.

The game has taken a weird twist. There are more people in nullsec than ever before but active player count is down. There has been a shift from one person with 12 alts to 8 players, most of which are newbies. A lot of stupid poo poo being done by these new players who are beginning to strike out on their own. The sov map is actually beginning to look like the balkans since the old empires are getting zerged apart.

That plus time dilation means that a supercap escalation has the potential to take forever. Time dilation slows down time to give servers the time to handle the load which means fights last 10x as long which has the compounding effect in allowing people to burn to the fight and dogpile in continuing the fight even more.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

http://i.imgur.com/7vX98ig.webm

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ok paco you've won I loving hate you now. you're a dumb mother fucker desperate for attention.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

Exactly. No doxxing is permitted here. So the entity with a service record a mile long on the subject should watch itself.

mods??

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ullerrm posted:

Part of it too is that citadels have eliminated two of the four classic benefits (alliance markets, better refining than NPC stations) that existed to hold space. i.e. red outposts are of questionable value given the absurd refines you can get with a 0.0 medium citadel that costs only 1.5b to drop.

Unrelated: rip pooki

Yeah, rip. Funny enough it was the far rear end aeons that got us hosed as they got caught on the In gate. We WERE fighting aligned out and at range which is why I jumped in a shield hel alongside armor supers to begin with.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

how did the t20 thing leak? Like it seems fairly easy to get away with: just don't loving tell anyone.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

evilweasel posted:

BoB hired a hacker to hack Goonfleet's forums. They then stiffed him on the pay, so he hacked their forums in revenge, and found the evidence.

I forgot about that, its still funny that they posted loving evidence of it. Does anyone have a link to an archive of the bob thread where they talk about it?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

If yiu feel the need to use a phantasm just use a Gila

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

abigserve posted:

Gila costs another 100m though and the end result will be the same.

EDIT: There's also an argument that you want a scram to prevent MJD but that's for hunting the big fish and probably not recommended solo in any ship

a phantasm can't clear (long range) tackle the way a gila can. A solo AB ship in 0.0 just means you're gonna die slowly as a ship with a long point and mwd holds you down.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

If you want to be snowflakey: run in pairs and have a tackle t3d followed up by a blaster talos

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

VideoGames posted:

What the actual heck is this?! One of the ccp employees in Band of Brothers was cheating?? See I knew there was something to my gut feeling! That goes against the whole of CCPs desire to have the game run itself!

CCP devs were heavily invested into their own game with the older devs being weird try hard Icelandic spergs. Due to the highly competitive nature of eve its hard for the devs to play eve enough to fully understand it yet at the same time remain 100% impartial. I lot of ships in balance passes in eve have in my opinion been the result of some CCP devs thinking small gang pvp to be the true merit of skill. Specifically the Orthrus is some sort of wet dream fozzie had where he solos frigate fleets.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 11:45 on May 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

those D posts are somehow worse than llama

• Locked thread