Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
First page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

also now i have to post a fuckload more to catch back up to where i was :(

I'll let you take on the mantle of "King Shitposter in the EVE Slapfight Thread" uncontested.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

alright so now can someone post, with as little bias as possible, whats happening with gsf and their space

Deklein (former core of GSF space) fell to the Money Badger Coalition. For a few days all GSF & their allies had left from Deklein, Branch, Tenal, Tribute, Fade, Vale of the Silent & Pure Blind was Vale of the Silent & Pure Blind. However they've been able to take some pockets of space from Pandemic Horde, a new player focused alliance affiliated with Pandemic Legion. Right now Pure Blind is, for the most part, the largest swathe of land GSF owns, which makes sense since the GSF staging system of Saranen borders that region. Vale of the Silent hasn't really been touched by either side because, according to TEST Alliance Please Ignore's leaders, they were focusing on taking out Deklein & the other regions GSF owned.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elmnt80 posted:

When did they change the graphics for shield ships getting hit with stuff? I actually have a real shield around my spaceship that absorbs space lasers and missles and stuff AND ITS AWESOME, HOLY poo poo. Does the armor damage effect change as you run a repper, because if so HOLY poo poo THAT IS AWESOME TOO. CCP is a good video game company.

I forget which patch specifically but it was this year.

If you do damage to the armor & structure, the ship will show damage on it like in this picture.

It's also based on the positional damage that your ships hit the ship at (though you can't control that, that's just the game doing its thing).

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ed Jurak posted:

so he wasn't full of poo poo when posting about the lead up to BAT leaving GSF? i'm genuinely curious

Endie & BAT left GSF in December 2015. The general consensus was that Endie & some of the other GSF directors had issues with one another that, ultimately, they were unable to be resolved. What specifically only Endie can speak on as he knows what he was unhappy with more than anyone. Added to that was BAT, in a general sense, were unhappy with the state of things in GSF. They decided to leave amicably, and they ended up joining Pandemic Legion since Endie has been fairly friendly with JEFFRAIDER, Grath Telkin, etc. and it wasn't really that big of a surprise. Both sides then decided to fling mud because nobody in this dumb game can handle things like this.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 26, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

also endie is mentally unstable, i hear

Yeah that was one thing said while Endie & BAT were halfway out the door iirc that soured things as well since most people agree Endie is a good dude regardless of affiliations and makes posts that, even if you disagree with the end argument, are at least reasonable. Unsurprisingly the people calling him mentally ill etc. are also the ones who got mad at DJ for starting his own EVE group on here so there's that.

vulvamancer posted:

What is the chill thread? Please don't tell me it's the Eonwe thread, I do not want to encourage him in any way that he should keep posting or he did something positive.

Yeah it is Asher. Sorry to say that DBRB's fear over Eonwe getting the EVE thread shut down came true. Mostly because of there being multiple EVE threads and the last thread was poo poo all around.

Elmnt80 posted:

Yeah, I know. I'm even running missions fully zoomed in to enjoy the new effects. Its amazing and adds some much needed immersion in what otherwise becomes a somewhat boring grind.

I don't know if you knew this either, but if you sit in an assembled ship, then not use it for a while it collects rust & dirt.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endie owns darius owns even if he's being a big doodoo head right now

I'm left off that list.

I'm offended.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

i think youre ok, even for a failed dust514 spy :shobon:

Mate. :(

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

its ok, you tried but it was fun to play dust with you anyways :glomp:

When DUST on PC comes out, we'll make remake Sperg Team 6 :glomp:.

Strategic Tea posted:

Not only that, I was killing an NPC which was inches from death, and all the lights in their windows started flickering wildly :allears:

Yeah, that happens when its in structure.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

depends on the price cause we both know that game is gonna get hacked and abused like a motherfucker

CCP said they're aiming for it to be Free-to-play, and yeah it'll be hacked to poo poo but I still hold out hope that Grief Univeristy & that stuff will be revived.

ullerrm posted:

This is semi-accurate except for the last part -- Vale got rolled pretty hard in the early days of the war, but everyone moved on to Deklein without ever trying to raise ADMs in Vale. So, so soon as everyone moved to Deklein, BASTN took Vale back. (And it'll probably change hands at least twice more.)

One of the good and bad things about Aegis Sov is that there are no "fronts" to speak of -- it's an extremely fluid thing, and when you have a big war like this, the shape of the map resembles an annealing animation more than it does waves of expansion/contraction.

fe: Also, I wouldn't say that allies "left" Tribute -- the better explanation is that CO2 pulled a Sort Dragon and flipped sides to save their own bacon. They shot Goons for a little bit to convince MBC that they were reformed... then, when MBC moved on to Fade/Deklein, CO2 waved bon voyage and mostly stayed in Tribute to feed ratter kills to XIX.

The Vale bit I just repeated from what Vily & TEST leaders said publicly because, honestly, they know more about their own plans than anyone else.

Also fair point on the CO2 thing, I forgot to mention that.

I know people dislike Aegis sov, but I genuinely find it to be more entertaining for a few different reasons. See; FCON taking DARK.'s space out in Immensea etc. while DARK were busy taking FCONs space. That, to me, is kind of funny and neat.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimsemus posted:

So who else bought dozens of carriers and triage modules to convert into FAX machines tomorrow because the FAXes are 300m more in build cost alone?

A few days ago, all the triage mods were bought out in Jita :(

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Globby is a jokester.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

Aegis Sov is entertaining as long as you don't hold it / don't want to hold it. Like I said in the last thread, while I'm having fun now, I'm concerned about what the map is going to look like 1-2 years from now. Namely, I see this as the inevitable endpoint of Aegis mechanics, barring a significant shift in balance:

Most major alliances will keep their primary staging in a non-conquerable lowsec station on the border of a shallow null region, they keep the adjacent constellations of shallow null as ratting and industry space. i.e. Goons keep PB/Fade for ratting but stage in Saranen. Whoever wants to keep Delve/Querious stages in Sakht. Whoever wants to keep Tribute, stages in Taisy. Whoever wants to keep Vale, stages in Obe. Whoever wants to keep Fountain, stages in Hophib. And so on.

It's the best of both worlds, honestly -- by staying in lowsec, you trivialize logistics and maximize mobility in a Phoebe environment, and as a bonus, your staging station can't be caged and flipped. At the same time, you have a handful of safe constellations in nullsec for ratting/industry, and if someone's really intent on burning those fields, you let them burn and then replant when the attackers move on. (Or just swap spots with the attackers, the way that FCON and DARK have essentially swapped places on the map over the course of the last two weeks.)

I expect the deep null regions -- Branch, Oasa, Omist, etc -- to basically either A) stay russian, or B) go nearly fallow. They'll always have a name on it, certainly, but it'll never be anything more than quiet ratting space that gets dropped like a gecko's tail at the first sign of conflict.

On a lighter note, :ccp: ffs:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6457975#post6457975

I have a bunch of thoughts on Aegis sov and how the mechanics can be good, but I'm also really not in the mood to do a write up explaining why my bad ideas seems good.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will say, personally, I think most alliances intrested in living in and holding their sove are better off holding 2-4 constellations rather than say a region or two. To me, that's the most sensible thing to do with the Aegis sov mechanics. See: Horde holding 2 constellations in Querious (I don't really cound the stuff up north as that's not really space that was intended to be lived in long term).

For larger alliances (TEST, GSF, etc.) maybe a region each makes sense, maybe more, but again :effort: in writing something up versus playing Enter The Gungeon at the moment. I choose Gungeon.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dallan Invictus posted:

I know you're not really interested in Defending Your View On Sov right now, but sov warfare theorycrafting is interesting to me because I play this game for Space Empires and large scale, so I'll just pick this up and roll with it and whoever actually wants to respond can. It seems to me that when you combine this with lower player numbers, this only makes Flanders' scenario of "anything too far from empire will simply get abandoned" even more likely. If there's no way to feasibly hold the doorstep space you need to defend the space you actually want, what other option is there? Even an alliance of GSF's size probably should consolidate down to a region and extras at most, but if astrography dictates that you have to take more than you can hold in order to defend what you actually need then who's going to bother with deep null?

There's also the question of whether that 2-4 constellations is ever going to have the carrying capacity to sustain an alliance capable of defending it, but that's not strictly a question of Aegis sov so much as it is a question of whether CCP thinks there are enough rewards in null to justify the effort of holding it and whether those rewards scale.

It's not really me not being interested in defending it, just more like "i could do this, or i could do something else more entertaining...."

I'll reply to this more seriously after I retire in my UFC game.

ullerrm posted:

Yup, agreed. I think it just hinges on your corp size -- FCON, for example, could trivially fit in one constellation. CONDI, otoh, has 17,000 characters in it.

Although, fwiw, calling O1Y a temporary home is some premature moving of goalposts. I know that Gobbins likes to put 'we'll reevaluate on $date' on his corp mails about O1Y, but tbh, he puts that disclaimer on everything he tells PH to do, because he's indecisive as poo poo and half the newbeans think that whiplash is a normal state of affairs.

In the Targeting branch of the skill tree, Gravimetric/Magnetometric/Ladar/Radar Sensor Compensation. Boosts your ship's base sensor strength by 4% per level, meaning that if you have it trained to 5 for your current hull, you're 20% less likely to get jammed by ECM.

We moved Horde into O1Y for better staging for a push into Deklein & Pureblind from the west, but the plan was never to permanently live in Fade or the north long term. You can believe me or not, but that's what we all agreed upon when we were planning the stuff. There's also something to be said about not repeating what BRAVE did where you're clutching to sov you can't reasonably hold on to while you're being pounded on by a bigger group.

It was the same mentality when Horde lived in Catch, same as when they took 93PI & tried to push into Pure Blind, same as Cloud Ring 1.0, then Cloud Ring 2.0 and same as Querious right now. I can only speak as a former director of Horde though, so I don't know what the plan is right now but I assume its no different than it was 2 weeks ago.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

That's a somewhat fair cop, but it's also pretty unfortunate for the newer guys who probably haven't learned the ins and outs of "what should I stage, and where, and how do I evac when we move?" I guess you could call it a learning experience or something?

Especially when they're struggling to make isk. I had a serious facepalm moment at an exchange in plusten a few days ago: A newbie in O1Y was broke and asking how he should make isk, and a condescending fellow told him 1) to stop whining, and 2) that he could make all the money he needed by buying ships on Jita, paying Scooty to import them to O1Y, and put them up on contracts at a 20% markup.

Like, this poor two-week-old gently caress can't afford to buy a Catalyst to shoot a rat with, and you want him to get into nullsec doctrine importing? What nest egg, pray tell, was he supposed to use to make those initial Jita purchases and start his import business? It was legit one of the most frustrating and infurating things I've ever seen someone suggest to a new player.

I don't deny it's not ideal for new players entirely. As to the example, I don't really sit in Plusten anymore, so I don't know who said what but yeah that sounds like a really bad suggestion to that guys issue. I'd have simply told him to head down to Querious and work on increasing his coffers some or something that was a bit safer than sitting in a system like O1Y trying to make money. Like I said, I've basically become disconnected from Horde for the past two weeks since I'm focusing on stuff with EVE NT TV & their esports/streaming stuff nowadays.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dallan Invictus posted:

I know you're not really interested in Defending Your View On Sov right now, but sov warfare theorycrafting is interesting to me because I play this game for Space Empires and large scale, so I'll just pick this up and roll with it and whoever actually wants to respond can. It seems to me that when you combine this with lower player numbers, this only makes Flanders' scenario of "anything too far from empire will simply get abandoned" even more likely. If there's no way to feasibly hold the doorstep space you need to defend the space you actually want, what other option is there? Even an alliance of GSF's size probably should consolidate down to a region and extras at most, but if astrography dictates that you have to take more than you can hold in order to defend what you actually need then who's going to bother with deep null?

There's also the question of whether that 2-4 constellations is ever going to have the carrying capacity to sustain an alliance capable of defending it, but that's not strictly a question of Aegis sov so much as it is a question of whether CCP thinks there are enough rewards in null to justify the effort of holding it and whether those rewards scale.

OK, so here's going to be a small :effort: post of stuff that, honestly, is probably lovely thinking on my part and also pretty hugely speculative based on what CCP say they want to do with Aegis and the roadmap they've shown the past few years.

I think that, ideally, most alliances/crews are going to want to cram themselves into 2-3 regions max depending on their relative size and on their activity. If you look at Providence's ADM (http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Providence#adm) they're almost all at 6 ADM which is the max because they actively use their space etc. Coincidentally I did a stream the other day talking about the history of the building of Providence that was kind of fun (VOD here: https://www.twitch.tv/eve_nt_tv/v/62164111 ).

When you look at Providence and compare it to let's say Branch circa January 2016 (http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Branch/2016-01-01#adm) there's a huge difference. Sure Branch is removed from empire so, logistically speaking, it takes more effort but you're also in a relatively save area of the game at that time what with The Imperium having sway of the land there. Hell even Deklein wasn't that good in terms of its ADM spread (http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Deklein/2016-01-01#adm). CCP heavily have implied cramming people into regions/constellations is ideally what these changes will want to do. For example Fountain, prior to this war, had relatively better ADM spread than Branch & Deklein (http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Fountain/2016-01-01#adm). I think, personally, in a post-World War Bee world GSF & allies are better off focusing on a region or two that are decent ratting but also borders empire. Assuming the plan is to take back and hold sovereignty.I understand there are issues related to income in null versus low, wormholes, and highsec, however for the moment it's worth noting that if you want to live in nullsec and own space land you'll ignore that to some degree.

I don't know what option there are regarding the people who live far out in the boonies of space for the time being, mechanically speaking I have no idea what you can do other than have agreements or be very very smart & clever with how you get your stuff out there. Guys like Drone Walkers are going to have to work hard to get poo poo into Tenal more so than say someone like TISHU out in Cloud Ring. Now this is going to delve into rampant speculation around CCP's plans & roadmap, specifically player created stargates. I personally think CCP should make it so players can build, and will have to defend, player stargates between the boonie regions (eg. Omist, Outer Passage, Tenal, Period Basis etc.) and empire regions they can build a connection to. I won't touch on the idea of connecting wormhole systems in this bit but that could also be a cool function. Anyway, allowing players out in Period Basis to build a singular stargate that connects to empire allows for a bit of an ease for logistics and importing for them, and with some limits (eg. only one player made stargate can be connected to a relatively close empire region, maybe even only allow that to specific regions out in the boonies, etc.) would make sense to me. It'd resolve a lot of those issues where "it's super tough to live out here without any NIP/Blueing up of people in the regions we need to go through with our JFs."

Again that's just rampant fanboying and speculation of a cool game design/mechanic I think could make deep null regions viable and usable more so than they have been in probably their entire existance. That said I'll repeat that it's probably lovely for a lot of reasons and is all kinds of bad ideas and probably I did a poor job explaining stuff as I'm actually supposed to be doing The JEFFRAIDER Show right now and not writing this but people are talking about Citadels and my eyes glazed over from not understanding that stuff.

Hopefully this is at least a glimpse into my thought process about how Aegis sov & CCPs roadmap could be really good, and I'm sorry if it's a jumbled mess of words and bad ideas.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 26, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

Virtually no quality control is going on in horde. No vetting at any level. The FC for the horde standing fleet for several days standing was a goon who was feeding a neutral gang killmails by randomly warping squads into death camps. I can't think of a shittier environment to be a newbie in than one where the leadership can't even be arsed to half assed defend you against your own membership. TEST does it better, as does GSF. The only reason you do it better than Brave Newbies is because they are a perpetual dumpster fire that literally collapsed into infighting in the middle of this war without us even firing a shot.

Again, this is all relatively news to me since I haven't really done much with Horde since end of February/mid March. I know that any awoxers etc. get purged from the corp (along with other people who cause issues not just via awoxing). The whole mentality of having to apply to be an FC etc. isn't how PL or Waffles ever operate so that's why Horde does that stuff. Is that ideal? Probably not, but the flip side of that coin is that outside of that sort of situation it allows a new guy who wants to FC to step up and FC without red tape and dumb stuff related to it that have turned off newbies from groups like E-Uni etc. in the past.

I can't speak as to how Horde compares to TEST since I never did anything with them, but I know the whole mentality in GSF where you had to do X or Y just to take a fleet out was sort of weird and dumb in my opinion.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Grief University alumni unite :)

I was in the first warbarge hijacking, when we screwed over I think it was e-uni? Because we had just figured out how to drag other people into queueing warbarges and it owned.

Yeah it was E-Unis DUST group, DUST Uni, which is where the name came from :sun:

Also it was great when Jenza tried to coin the name for awoxing in DUST after herself, and then we GU'd her corp :smuggo:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

My instincts tell me that you're basing this on your impression of GSF during the time that you were in TopGoon, and therefore you're working from your experiences with Trephination, Guuldaan, and Sothrasil. Those guys have a habit of trying to put themselves on a pedestal as FCs because they have aspirations of space important, so for them to be An FC (or a "TopGoon FC") means that they're super special and important and better than the regular plebes because they've been vetted and proven and all of this poo poo, and so if you're not An FC, you need to shut up and listen to them until you're An FC (which you never will be because you're, of course, not as good and important as them).

Jesus, if I had the insurance payouts from every time that those guys went and did something that I told them to not do on the grounds that they were Official FCs and they know better than me and they're going to do it anyway, I'd be Querns.

Yeah I'll admit my experience may not have been the normal one and that's why my perspective is off.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilweasel posted:

goons have made a point of putting the SAME awoxing character back into horde after getting booted for awoxing just for funsies and have had no issues whatsoever

Then that's just laziness on the people who can push the button :shrug:

Like I said, not really something I can change or resolve nowadays. I did about as much as I could do in Horde and felt like there was nothing else I could contribute which is why I'm not a director anymore.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Deadtear, how far down the list is JEFFRAIDER to be able to claim he should be allowed to get the Goonfleet corp name?

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Are citadels in game yet?

tomorrow + however long it takes to buy and build one

Earliest you'll see them is Saturday night/early Sunday.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thats because you're really dumb and don't know anything at all

:same:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Helicon One posted:

I broadly agree, but consolidating nullsec groups into smaller territories will just mean you get less friction between groups competing for space, if you don't have either a growing server population or an increased incentive to go out there and fight for that space. CCP seems to have based Aegis sov on ignoring those two realities, pretending that if only the big evil coalitions weren't squatting on all that space, nullsec would be unshackled and we'd see some glorious smallgang 0.0 PVPtopia of good fights on every gate. The other option is that they know the reality all too well, but are actively trying to starve the beast of large scale warfare and territorial conquest, because they intend to pivot the game towards a new audience who are here for the Fun Per Hour and demand content on a plate without any of the unpleasantries.

Sure, I agree that right now the incentives aren't there. What CCP plan to do to resolve that issue is beyond me because I don't work on the design team, though they seem to think the incentives right now are fine which I disagree with. I think CCP making Nullsec regions have exclusive assets to farm, like how WHs only get sleeper stuff iirc, would be a good step. Especially if its for the faction capitals they're working on as well as the pirate implants. Make those conquerable nullsec exclusive drops, and that's one way to make people want to fight over the resources/control the land.

I also think catering towards the people who don't want to log in and sit around for hours on end for a 10 minute fight isn't as bad of a thing as people make it out to be. I don't think it's some ~elite pvper~ mentality to want to be able to log into the game, and be able to go out and find PVP rather easily. Prior to the war people in CFC/Imperium were complaining about having to go 20 jumps just to find people to fight, where as in other areas it was less (excluding Drone Regions). I disagree with people like Chessur who think there should be instanced PVP arenas, since that goes against the spirit of EVE but I also think it's absurd that people think its a bad thing for CCP to work on making the players who don't have hours to spend on a singular fleet at a time be able to log in and frag nerds. The stuff Darius' guys are doing now is pretty much what I'm referring to in thinking that CCP should encourage that stuff. They're in a relatively decent area in terms of activity (both PVE & PVP) and they can find fights rather easily. Sure its not a massive battle to end all battles but for a variety of reasons CCP have chosen that those things aren't necessarily what they want to have happening.

Endie posted:

I dunno: Querious, Delve and Fountain are already patchworks which, until everyone with a pulse and a penchant for PvP headed north, had quite healthy numbers of fights. Even in the last 24 hours Querious had about 800 kills. Cloud Ring and other regions may well be similar but I am less aware of what's going on there.

As regards trying to get rid of the unpleasantries and increasing the "fun per hour", maybe that's a good aim for a game developer to have for their product?

I sort of feel like its cheating to use Querious as an example as that's a thunderdome with NIPs regarding sov structures.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endie posted:

That's a sandbox for you.

Fair enough.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

you're huffing farts again dude, gettin all daruna posty and poo poo

As opposed to the post he responded to?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siets posted:

This is a lot of words about nullsec politics and game balance that I largely agree with. It's just a shame it's coming so disingenuously from a group that insists on dropping a ball of supers on something as small as a loving 150 man cerb fleet and then posting the very next day about how "PvP is hard to find under the current model."

I do not, nor plant to ever, own a super so you complaining about my personal opinions because the space guild I hang with use a ship I don't ever use is sort of dumb.

If you can't get over what alliance a person is in then you're taking the video game way too seriously.

Look at Deadtear, he doesn't care who is in what group and just likes to post about how mad people make him. :buddy:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Rape cage" is not really a term I think people should use to describe an action in a video game.

That's just my thought though :eonwe:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

Quite a few, actually :) Cheaper than buying them yourself!

You can hit F5 on these links to see killmails containing citadel BPOs:

https://zkillboard.com/item/36966/ -- mediums (several today -- be sure to click that Falcon, it's amazing)
https://zkillboard.com/item/36967/ -- larges (none yet today)
https://zkillboard.com/item/36967/ -- XLs (none yet today)

It wasn't a blueprint kill, but Waffles killed a guy trying to move all the components for one in Kinakka yesterday.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://i.imgur.com/kcAAHk5.webm

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://i.imgur.com/zL6iEfw.mp4

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JMax posted:

People with 10k post in the goonswarm forums should get an ingame medal

Yeah, being purged.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wtf also i think everyone else aside from me on the first page of postcounts is in epsilon and long gone

Yeah which is why you should be purged. You post too much and therefore must be a spy :tinfoil:

cravius posted:

Lotta hate over a video game itt

This is true.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

getting truegooned by 2014s oh lord

that dude loving tried to lecture on GOON CULTURE i bet he posts in pyf or dnd exclusively if he posts

Do you think he's right or wrong about the racism thing being tolerated?

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Apr 28, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i aint reading the mittani dot com article so i really cant see how the gently caress whatever you're talking about is relevant

I didn't read the article either, but someone mentioned that racism being tolerated was one of the things that set him off. Since you were an ex-mod I was just curious your thoughts on it given the whole "niggertown" channel being allowed & that discussion from a while back.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/E6Fy17r.mp4

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goatman Sacks posted:

Bulldogs were a mistake

mlyp

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cravius posted:

Which one of you is this?

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

After MassivelyOP published an extremely misguiding interview with Paul “CCP Falcon” Elsy, I sent them the following mail. Since I'm not sure that they read such things, I post it here too. I also recommend to read the top comment on this article.

Hi,

The article mentioned is extremely unresearched and unbalanced, containing only what Paul “CCP Falcon” Elsy said. Many of them are provable lies and well known within the EVE community. Harassment issues are common in EVE and mostly because of the attitude of Paul Elsy. Just some well known issues:

The Bonus Round: it was an especially disgusting "scam" that involved making the victims perform humiliating and stressing stunts for HOURS, recorded and published. Dozens of such soundclouds were created. CCP dismissed it to be a problem, until Ripard Teg who had the most visited fan blog back then started to bang the drums. Only after the outrage were the perpetrators banned. http://jestertrek.blogspot.hu/2014/03/the-bonus-round.html

Not much later his blog was closed, for the telling reason: "And if there's a fundamental truth in EVE Online it's that if enough people want your ship dead, it will die, and all the reps in the world won't help".

The momument vandalism: Well covered back then, but later development of the case missed the media. The perpetrators were members of Goonswarm Federation, just as everyone expected. Yet, their name was cleared by Paul Elsy who lied to everyone in his official position: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4595532#post4595532

He also decided to not hand the criminals to justice. Nothing was done about the fact that they wanted to blame the vandalism on me (libel is another crime). The criminals were not even banned (despite CCP claimed so) and they are still playing and bragging with their "edgy stunt": https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4fhwfd/mittani_is_mia_spirit_continues_to_wane_shittier/

How did the story got out? Goons themselves bragged about it on their own site, celebrating CCP Falcon! https://www.themittani.com/features/monumental-mistakes-lessons-vandalism/page/0/1

Some of the most recent stuff: An EVE streamer lost her grandfather. Dozens of Goons started to follow her stream with usernames "Grandpaisdead" and co. No CCP action: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4fzs1i/gsf_crasskitty_thread_screencaps_large_image/

A prominent Fleet commander (raidleader) CELEBRATED THE TERRORIST ATTACK on Benghazi because one of the four victims was an EVE player he didn't like. https://twitter.com/lexarson/status/723677323808133121

No CCP action, he is still leading fleets. Two in-game assets were named by him: http://evemaps.dotlan.net/outpost/W-4NUU was named "The Benghazi Consulate" on April 23 and renamed again on 26. http://evemaps.dotlan.net/outpost/P-2TTL was named "2 bad you can't blue jihadists" [blue is the EVE slang for ally with].

Finally my pesonal account. I was a top 5 traffic EVE fan blogger and never got involved with CCP dealings, never named devs, just played the game, challenging the then-largest coalition. Going against 40x outnumbering enemy looked like a great game story. When we took their first station, celebrated and claimed that we'll beat them, Paul “CCP Falcon” Elsy with his official tag made the following statement: "Whenever I feel down, whenever I feel sad... the outrageous lunacy, sheer tinfoil and unbelievably biased and unhinged craziness of Gevlon's blog always cheers me up." https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3f3p9m/gevlon_has_spoken_moa_better_than_blncpl_fighting/ctle0xm

When confronted about this, instead of apologizing or claiming to "just kidding", he doubled and tripled down claiming that I'm a madman: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3f3p9m/gevlon_has_spoken_moa_better_than_blncpl_fighting/ctuob6t https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3lf5id/gevlon_answers_directly_to_his_callout_on_reve/cv820ah This constitutes harassment itself. Again: I didn't provoke him, hell I didn't even know who he was, I was just playing the game and didn't hang out with "the cool guys".

Dear Editors, you are doing a great disservice to the community by painting EVE as a safe space where harassment is handled. Harassment is widespread in EVE and Paul “CCP Falcon” Elsy doesn't simply turn a blind eye on it, but champions it himself.

We can't seem to get rid of him :cripes:

• Locked thread