Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
moving the entirety of GSF/redswarm into wormholes would be the worst idea ever which is why we should do it. btw this will probably happen because I made a shitload of "Delve 2016" jokes when we lost all our poo poo up north

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

tickets to the gunt show posted:

Merry loving Christmas

This would be a lot more lewd with the HS logo

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ullerrm posted:

TBH, hold onto it. There's a bunch of cheap skins on sale atm for 280 AUR, but most of them look like rear end and aren't worth buying unless you're trying to collect them all. Just see what looks good, and if something catches your eye, buy it -- and then sigh because most of us play Eve zoomed out and you can't see how pimp your ship looks ;P

I was surprised to see they removed a lot of skins from the store. Glad I got the Phoenix and Chimera Wyrkomi skins. Shame the red skin and blue skin look like rear end.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ullerrm posted:

:yeah:

I mean, let's be honest, pretty much the only reason to buy a skin is if:

A) you're flying a ship that's big enough to show it even when zoomed out
B) if you're making PvP videos or screenshots and want to look unique on video while zoomed in

And even given that you match one of the above, 70% of the skins in the NEX Store are Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Hue/Saturation. The ones that do actually do something neat tend to be overpriced (i.e. the Star Captain confessor skin) or fugly (i.e. the Valkyrie skins for the merlin/moa/scorp) or not available in the store (i.e. the IGC and Blood Raider skins).

It's a source of perpetual frustration for me, because god knows I'm a loving skin whore in LoL and Atlas Reactor and other games. I'd be throwing money at CCP like mad if they actually did good skins.

Using http://www.caldariprimeponyclub.com/ to look at skins on whatever ship you want makes me wish we had Sleeper skins and Caldari Navy skins.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Carth Dookie posted:

You know you could post a fit and get a ping out and get a bunch of goons to go along for that kind of ride.

Or join Hole Squad and listen to Steve, Nex and Me argue about special snowflake gimmick fleets till the end of time

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

madjack posted:

Nighthawk Fleet. Go.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
thread bad

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
how is paco still in gsf, like I every time I come back to this game I'm floored that he's still loving around. christ alive make it stop

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Happy Holidays from Goku! http://imgur.com/a/a9ZCa

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

no bones about it posted:

Mining in wormholes? Shameful.

I wish people would jump me more often :(

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
When we lose all of our space again can we move to the dronelands, never lived there before. Or maybe do that move into wormholes thing

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
After some minor testing I can somewhat cautiously say shield dps bhaal o w n s

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Reverand maynard posted:

the bhaal hull bonuses are straight up worse than the nightmares for dps.

The nightmare doesn't have bonused neut/nos that allows you to never run out of cap. With multi frequency my bhaal does 1000 dps lol

Edit: the bhaal is also dirt cheap

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Pangloss posted:

I think it's still a bit early to say "owns". Finishing slightly higher in damage than an AC Vagabond on an Orthrus and on par with a HFI on an ENI isn't exactly the stuff of legends.

the whole point is that your doing a lot of stuff on a single platform, not that you excel in any particular area. I like flying it because it's cheap, cool looking, and decent at what it aims to do :shrug:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

My grammar is as bad as my fitting ideas

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Runescape and EVE pair well together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014