Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Jump Freighters having to gate into low sec and then jump out?

Eh... a pain in the butt to be sure and it would limit the cargo value quite a lot. But that just goes on top of the price so meh. I can work with that if it ever came to it.

I would probably pack the cargo into a triple bulkhead Charon and then move it to the last system. Then have the jump freighter take it expanded from the station to the outgate. That way if they bump me on the station I can just dock back up. The charon is tanky as hell and insures at 100% so the jump freighter would mostly be out of harms way.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Voyager I posted:

I'm not really keeping up with the times. What was CO2's motivation for betraying the CFC anyways? When I played they were one of the allies that we legitimately liked.

When we abandoned Vale. Tribute became the new frontline and Co2's home became the buffer for Deklein. They also did the math and Goonswarm participation was something like 2% when based on total Alliance pilots as opposed to Co2s 11% which showed that we weren't serious about defending our allies.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Eminai posted:

The only capital that will get you laughed at is the Phoenix.

What makes you think that?

vyst posted:

Another one bites the dust...

What happened?

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 09:50 on May 1, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Vyst set to work to scrape the badposting-rust off of the Goonfleet forums and reveal the stainless steel of goodposting below.

Little did he realise that under the rust was only more rust.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Rumour says that Deadtear demanded all the puns to be handed over for processing or he would not take the job. Sion in turn refused to relinquish the puns.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Goonfleet should just go back to what it was during the original days of Eve-Online.

Sorry. Need snoobies for fodder so we can have a space empire.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

So I dug this thing up. I think it's some relic from the end of the fountain war. Hilariously tragic in retrospect.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Orange Red Bull posted:

so then what poor prick is the new mod of goonfleet dot com

I know it's not me so things can only get better from here on.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Percelus posted:

if he hasn't made noise about retiring as mod, would anyone have noticed his absence?

Yes.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

staberind posted:

Is there a specific reason other than :downsowned: there are two eve thradz?

This is the thread for Eve politics where tryhards can argue over border disputes.

The other is the chill threads where people just relax and have talk about the fun they had.

There are then four other threads for four different goon groups in Eve who are all mostly at odds with one another. Except Groon. Groon are nice and good.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Acquiring and maintaining goodposting is the whole point of the Alliance. The mod is the president.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Massasoit posted:

I'll just say that ISRAD has no ill will to groon or tenbux or really goonwaffe other than the fact we are 'fighting' them.

No I mean "at odds" in the space murder kind of way. The good kind.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Beanbox posted:

Id rather have a titan than a killmail.

Common misconception when it comes to PL. Killmail is better. Killmail goes in your pocket. A titan has to be hauled back home and needs a sitter.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Xolve posted:

Nobody on grid had a Erebus alt that didn't already have an Erebus.

First world problems.

When I can afford it. I'm injecting all Titan skills and training them to 2. So this never happens to me.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

BigPaddy posted:

It would be like the time in Fountain someone ejected from a T3 we were about to kill and Vily spent 15 minutes screaming for no one to shoot it, everyone untarget it etc... so he could steal it. In the end we just killed it and had him rage about how dumb goons were for the rest of the op.

We had the same thing happen with a Scimitar in a POS once.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I tried h1z1 but apparently after the Eve goons had become bored and left. I read the guides and collected my fill of sticks and berries. Came to the Damm only to find it completely deserted.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I greatly overestimated bombers when I was a new player. I used to train and train with them. Move around asteroid belts with the tactical overview to stay cloak. Then align the bombing run so I would drop the bomb and then instantly warp out as I had a bookmark behind the target.

I practised on rats in belts at first and then started practising on fleets and gate camps. Turns out none of that had anything to do with bombing. Bombing was about hitting one target and then let the whole bomber wing die because they're cheap anyway. If someone makes it out then great but it was ultimately inconsequential.

Also I think if you left the grid before the bomb landed. It didn't explode at all.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Considering the call to evacuate Deklein has not been made yet then I suppose the current standing orders is to consolidate in the impregnable fortress Deklein and let the peasant hordes break themselves on the walls.

Xolve posted:

You don't have dudes that will ride out 45 days without ratting, but yeah- years, sure thing buddy!

The Mittani said it! It must be true!

To be fair you have been madposting a bit lately.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I hate it when Mommy and Daddy fights.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

i cherish the few memories i have of my parents :smith:

What if Endie gets me in the divorce?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

then you wouldn't need to be scared of my gank fleets anymore.

No I'd be trading threats from gank-kitten Globby for no-sleep cyborg gank-sabre-toothed-tiger Boney.

Edit: who also held all my APIs for two years.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 2, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Endie posted:

I am an embittered man.

You can always sit on the edge of the recruitment forum with your BB gun and shoot fair-weather-friend-rats as they flee the perceived sinking ships.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Ama

No not really

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

ullerrm posted:

*where

:shobon:

e: Feel like a real response. Sorry to see you go, Angelique. I'm not going to point-by-point dissect your post; I'll just say "good luck" -- and I think you'll need it, because you're leaving a slightly damaged lawn in search of FieldTurf.

I finished my work on said lawn before I went. God the work never ended.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

darth cookie posted:

:rip: you.

Shoulda joined hole squad. :smith:

I love hole squad but I'm not bittervet enough to retire in there.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Altran posted:

FU Zephyrine, ignoring my very sentimental post to you. :argh:

Aw I'm sorry :glomp: the thread is spinning pretty quickly and I've been going through my Evemail box too and I have tears in my eyes :unsmith:

Those posts are the hardest to deal with. The "ding dong the bitch is dead" ones are a lot easier to handle.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i can fix that, you suck rear end

Aw thanks <3

Xachariah posted:

PH??? Huh, so this is what a full blown mental breakdown looks like.

No dox please.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

horde? also by taking poo poo out of game do you mean making fun of people here or do you mean blawrf calling prencleeve's house

I mean an iceberg of stuff and the full extent belongs mainly to me, a few choice directors and the victim(s)

Stuff that I don't want riding a concern troll wave reddit.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

i mean you made the post so there's already going to be a wave of speculative fiction and We Care posting

A few hours from now it will all be business as usual.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

that will be the new business as usual!!

Ting Mei is going to lose his mind when he sees the corp compliance page tomorrow...

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

Most of the people in hole squad aren't any were close to being bittervets and a lot of us have characters we use to regularly do stuff in k-space with the rest of the Alliance. Although considering you bought into the dumb ivory tower bullshit meme I'm not entirely surprised you believe in other dumb ones.

I can't even parse the joining PH part because it just means nobody is ever going to forget you did that and it puts you and ever single one of your characters on a huge shitlist. I mean holy poo poo just leave on good terms to a neutral alliance THEN jump ship instead of flaming out and crashing in the biggest gaggle of morons this side of Delve. The only worse choice you could have picked was Test or CO2.

No doubt. I'll be fine.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Also this:

go3 posted:

cause theyre all the same

except maybe groon

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This thread has the goons I need. Not The Imperium.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

My entire point is that the "grass is always greener" mentality people have about life outside the Imperium is honest to god kinda crazy sometimes. People are free to do whatever they want, doesn't mean they are immune from getting made fun of for doing it :v:

I doubt the grass is greener. Rather with the war turning the lawn is probably brown and black from being constantly on fire and people putting it out with buckets of gasoline. But it will probably be an interesting experience.

CainFortea posted:

I mean, I guess I can see making fun if then going to PH. If your not good enough for PL that's gotta sting

Such is life. Have to start somewhere.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Why is Vyst and Deadtear doing so well at making me feel better? This has been a surprisingly rough evening. It's 2 at night and I can't sleep.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Altran posted:

You are too emotionally invested in this poo poo, but you kinda have to when you are doing the "high way to burn out" logistics things.

Probably. I do like a lot of the people though.

Altran posted:

In other news, Leicester won the Title!

Hey no GOT spoilers. I read the books and they aren't there yet!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

man you guys sure post on reddit a lot for not liking it

They make good points. Also was Querns as a username really taken?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Glory of Arioch posted:

didn't try for "querns"

You should before someone else nicks it :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Also GSF Querns is going to be really awkward in retrospect when DJ gets Goonfleet back and he hands it over to Mittens with Goonswarm. Before telling CCP and Eve in general to eat a dick as he rides into the sunset.

• Locked thread