Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

Urodov posted:

in truth it is easy to hide your phylactery where it will never be found. if you like, simply seal your soul in a grain of sand, and cast it into the ocean. but such cheesy methods are neither badass nor very sporting and as such are frowned upon by the magical community.

if you're encountering user session confusion between multiple simultaneous incarnations, you may have to recover from an old version. on the other hand, amnesia is kind of a trite artifice, so, your call.

The problem was solved when the kid experimented, "One guy, one skull" style. I hope he bleeds to death.

Come to think of it, the fact I managed to, partialy bind to a skull and two arm bones might infact be a sign of my vast, growing power. This happend at the same time as the forums began to spin, maybe the world is becoming more magical and chill... Liches don't like the heat, so chill is good.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

<3 <3 Vanisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut

I would like an extra image under my avatar that hails satan

guns for tits

I don't know what I'd want tibia: A ghostin' pal or a bone bud. I suspectre that both are really good choices.

guns for tits fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 28, 2016

mags

I am a congenital optimist.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I still think that a lich is just a ghost smushed into a skeleton but if that's what it takes to end the war between bone buds and ghostin' pals i'm all for it

Urodov

Urodov posted:

incarnations

OOPS I MEANT **BONES**

Ãèáåëü â ìîðñêîé âîëíå,                                                                                                спасибо, Слагнойд-кун!
èëè ñâîáîäó

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

so we need a lich tag then

i'll work on Social Vegan's idea

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

Whale, Whale, Whale, what have we here?

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

super mario batali posted:

Whale, Whale, Whale, what have we here?

backseat podding is frowned upon here

bacalou

oh god

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Lhich lich is lhich?

bacalou

:siren: shut it down its gonna blow!!! :siren:

mags

As a corvid lich my phylactery is one of the various shiny baubles and colored bits I collect

MrWillsauce

mine's the golf ball that Alan Shephard hit on the moon. Thanks to NASA's slashed funding no one will ever get near it again. You can thank congress for my eternal reign of undying pain. lol that rhymed

Business Gorillas

:harambe:

i prefer to shy away from spirits and skeletons, as they are signs of western decadence

bacalou

Business Gorillas posted:

i prefer to shy away from spirits and skeletons, as they are signs of western decadence

guns for tits

So you're a tengu kind of guy?

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

backseat podding is frowned upon here

Just chumming the water :henget:

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
as i work on the move to demilich, i've been thinking about nontraditional phylacteries, yeah the single grain of sand works, but anchoring your soul with any kind of significance is going to be hell. You're going to want to prevent accidental acquisition, one trip to the beach and some childs blanket is now carting along a significant portion of your power. Even worse, some kid could eat sand and next thing you know you're down a phylactery after all that investment. The classic blood ruby is a good look, but if you keep it in a crypt it's going to cause real issues the second a party sees it it's going in the loot bag. You use an ancient harp though you can get some really interesting sounds, plus anyone who's hunting a lich is thinking big shiny gem, just because the crystals make for an easy time attaching your soul. it's really interesting and my thesis was on the nature of soul attachment.

MrWillsauce

I would make my phylactery the US constitution and then I would be totally invulnerable except for Nicholas Cage

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming

MrWillsauce posted:

I would make my phylactery the US constitution and then I would be totally invulnerable except for Nicholas Cage

you know you can't double up right? what do you think the real plot to national treasure was?

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

MrWillsauce posted:

pretty big "except" right there

alnilam

pretty big "except" right there

why thank you, I've been working out

tao of lmao

lol

MrWillsauce

nicholas cage is a force to be reckoned with, but he is only human

bean mom

MrWillsauce posted:

nicholas cage is a force to be reckoned with, but he is only human

nicholas cage has a serious weakness for real estate though, so maybe i make my phylactery a 2 million dollar mansion

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
is the addiction to castles because of the deal with the devil he did?

MrWillsauce

it is a curse I put on him to keep him preoccupied so he doesn't try to steal my phylactery. In the mean time I am trying to invent a spell powerful enough to cage the Cage

bean mom

MrWillsauce posted:

it is a curse I put on him to keep him preoccupied so he doesn't try to steal my phylactery. In the mean time I am trying to invent a spell powerful enough to cage the Cage

I saw a documentary that suggested that bees might be his nemesis

----------------

MrWillsauce

way ahead of you

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
No worries, just put good movies around the phylactery and it will ward of Nicholas Cage like a nun from a strip club.
(Sadly, he used to be my favourit actor for a while - still, Matchstick Men, Lord of War.. awesome movies still).

<3 <3 Vanisher

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

im not going to hear another bad word about nicolas cage ITT

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

im not going to hear another bad word about nicolas cage ITT

*Not saying a word*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1-6qSGAIyk

<3 <3 Vanisher

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
they gassed my thread

----------------

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming

my new dog posted:

they gassed my thread

it belongs to the ghosts now

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i think community summed up nicholas cage best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1XCUo_Uu8M

LordVonEarlDuke

Nicholas' ghost is going to be a juggernaut of a spirit and I think its in our best interests to keep him alive as long as possible

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

LordVonEarlDuke posted:

Nicholas' ghost is going to be a juggernaut of a spirit and I think its in our best interests to keep him alive as long as possible

im sure nicolas cage is set for phylacteries, you don't need to worry about that

LordVonEarlDuke

im sure nicolas cage is set for phylacteries, you don't need to worry about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lct6x-XqWrw

Can Vampires be liches if the designator can usually only apply to previously un-undead?

mags

nic cage's phylactory is john travolta's face

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming

mister magpie posted: