Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Banned Shane Sutton faces bullying probe, and new claims emerge that he allegedly referred to GB para-cyclists as 'wobblies' and 'gimps'

Here he is with an able-bodied cyclist

quote:

It comes on top of Varnish’s claims that after ending her dream of competing at the Rio Olympics, Sutton had told her to ‘move on and have a baby,’ and that her ‘rear end’ was ‘too big’ to ride certain roles on the sprint team.

Sutton denies all allegations of bullying and sexism

Another source, a former British Cycling staff member who wishes to remain anonymous, claimed Sutton once exploded into a rage, kicking the office door open when para-cyclists were deemed to have impeded able-bodied cyclists while training on the track.

‘One day the Paralympic squad were on the track and I think somebody had wobbled,’ said the source. ‘They’d gone a bit close and one of the male (able-bodied) sprinters had got a bit tetchy and started having a go at Shane and he then in turn came flying into the office saying, “Get those f****** gimps off the track”.

And it’s like, you can’t say that. It’s not right but that’s how he works. He’d come out with stuff that was just outrageous. In many ways he had a heart of gold but obviously that’s unacceptable.’

Another source, who worked closely with Sutton, says he regularly referred to the para-cyclists as wobblies.

‘They were referred to as wobblies. It was an in-joke used to describe para-cyclists but it’s not politically correct, clearly. I think that they did know about it.’

Kenny, born in Dorset, started riding aged 11 but at 18 injured his head and neck during a junior Tour of Ireland and later fell again. This was followed by a car crash and a work accident, both of which caused head injuries that left Kenny disabled.

Poor Kenny
I'm not saying I agree with Shane here .... I prefer to refer to para-cyclists as "accidents waiting to happen - again"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's a good clever burn op, well done, and thanks for the thread

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Seems pretty normal for a sports coach. They used to call us all kinds of names at a high decibel a few inches from your face when you messed up.

It builds character, the only downside is how you burst into tears every time your boss mentions our quarterly numbers are down slightly.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
give it fifteen years of cybernetic prosthetic advancement and regular athletes are gonna be lopping limbs off just to keep up

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

it's not as though he could have just called them "wheelies" like a normal situation

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I dunno about the gimps and wobblies, but I'd do some cycling term that could be taken as an innuendo with the lady in the pic in the OP.

I dunno cycling terms. Can we have a scandal in a real sport/mode of transportation?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Cthulu Carl posted:

I dunno about the gimps and wobblies, but I'd do some cycling term that could be taken as an innuendo with the lady in the pic in the OP.

I dunno cycling terms. Can we have a scandal in a real sport/mode of transportation?

Like that NFL boss who raped a black kid and just got fired for cultural appropriation?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I'm looking forward to the day when people start exploding violently because they can't ever express themselves negatively or say bad words without all of society gasping and ruining their careers.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

that guy is a lovely coach because big rear end = fast

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
no helmet?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Jonny 290 posted:

no helmet?

She's hoping to compete in the paralympics 2017

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I'm looking forward to the day when people start exploding violently because they can't ever express themselves negatively or say bad words without all of society gasping and ruining their careers.

I will self-demolish as a human being if I'm not allowed to call disabled people gimps in public

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

KomodoWagon posted:

I will self-demolish as a human being if I'm not allowed to call disabled people gimps in public

Same

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Queen taught me that PAWGs are best when topless on a bicycle

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Queen taught me that PAWGs are best when topless on a bicycle

queen Elizabeth II still fan of big butts at 90

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

no helmet?

i dont think you need a helmet on a stationary bike

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

who do u think would win a fight between olympians and para-olympiuans?

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Banned Shane Sutton: Shout-out to my niggas, the 504 Boyz!

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

hemale in pain posted:

i dont think you need a helmet on a stationary bike

wrong

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Dave_Indeed posted:

Seems pretty normal for a sports coach. They used to call us all kinds of names at a high decibel a few inches from your face when you messed up.

It builds character, the only downside is how you burst into tears every time your boss mentions our quarterly numbers are down slightly.

It sure worked for you

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

didn't read a word but i would like to have intercourse with that woman in the op

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

didn't read a word but i would like to have intercourse with that woman in the op

i think she's the wrong type of disabled for you

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

i think she's the wrong type of disabled for you

Laura Trott isn't any kind of disabled at last report. Well OK, she apparently puts up with this rear end in a top hat, so maybe you're right.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

maybe theyll bring brailsford back, i dont think he's doing anything this summer

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
it really isn't retards on bikes, more of guys with one arm or legs that no work. but you better believe they wobble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
wobblies eh?

workers of the world unite lol :ussr:

• Locked thread