Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

lets hang out posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLW04LUUYls

he's got a western sword at one point and it looks like he's on a castle, maybe a flashback or intro level?

There's also a super curved sword in there that he holds with only one hand that doesn't look like any of the single katana stances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Genocyber posted:

Time code? I didn't see such a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLW04LUUYls&t=36s

I didn't use 1kat this demo but I think this is a different weapon because I don't remember any of the 1kat stances using only one hand or holding the sword over his head like that

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm pretty sure there's at least one or two weapon types that they've kept hidden until release too

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Deified Data posted:

Maybe it's Souls conditioning but I wasn't expecting a robust cast.

This game is going to have a ton of cutscenes with lots and lots of dialog and exposition

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm going to main one of the unrevealed weapons!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Is there a way to reciprocate the High-Five emote? I couldn't high-five back when I co-oped with lets hang out

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
You know it's a Koei-Tecmo game because they managed to shove Nobunaga into the game even though he's 20 years dead in 1600

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Did that interview say anything about how many weapon types there are going to be?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I think every character revealed so far has been based off a real person around that time period, except maybe that ninja lady William talks to in one of the trailers

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
This game is going to have the complete opposite of Dark Souls lore since everything is based on real people/events with lots of expository cutscenes/dialog so there's 0 room for speculation

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The villain and William's guardian spirit are celtic themed so maybe they also wanted to stick with that (not a spoiler since that's been in all the promo material)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I could not tell the difference mechanically between bows and muskets besides the fact arrows are way more common

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Bows and rifles have the same fire rate iirc

I think the other type of bullet was incendiary but there's buttons for up to 4 different types of ammo so maybe we'll see more at release

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Bombadilillo posted:

This is were I fell off and Im going completely off goon word of mouth and hope that I will get the rhythm of this game too. My biggest concern now is when the Dark Souls 3 DLC comes out and I have to switch back to a different style.

March 28

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It's a shame we didn't get the Sengoku Basara Muneshige Tachibana who dual wields chainsaws

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
That trophy list has less spoilers than I was expecting (but still lots of spoilers)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Slightly disappointed they weren't keeping any super esoteric or weird weapons hidden until launch but 15 movesets + charge attacks, parries, and combo finishers is really good

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Very good, the proper co-op mode is fun

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

RatHat posted:

I read that the co-op with friends was a bit different.

Progress is shared between friends (I think) so you can co-op the entire game together. There's an assist bar that drains whenever someone dies and if it empties you fail the mission. You can refill the bar at shrines and other actions. You can also revive your buddy if they die by touching their bloodstain

Loot is instanced in co-op so you don't have to fight for drops

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

lets hang out posted:

Twilight missions rotate daily, one low level and one high level.

Wow that's dumb, I was hoping for a ng+ thing for twilight missions or at the very least the twilight version opens up after you beat the normal mission

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Harrow posted:

I don't know if you always get "twilight" versions of missions in the full game or if there's something special you do to unlock them.

lets hang out posted:

Twilight missions rotate daily, one low level and one high level.

I occasionally play freemium phone games that pull this weird daily dungeon poo poo so that's why I'm annoyed

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 1, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I thought it was just you beat a mission and you get the twilight mission and that the "rotation" stuff was because we were only limited to a few missions, guess I was wrong

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Full random drops with a unique here and there like diablo, at least during the tests

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
For the "Yokai Realm with a Companion" the only thing shrines do is refill the assist gauge (shared lives between players)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Anyone say how long the game is? I only glanced at two reviews before I went to work but no one commented on length

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Maybe the reviewers are talking about bosses not featured in the demos

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The leaker who provided the screenshots of the first level that Genocyber leaked said he 100% the story in 28 hours but I'd like to hear how long it took reviewers. More importantly they say it's super replayable even if you're repeating content so that's a good sign

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Bombadilillo posted:

How does elemental work.

Can I get a poison sword? Or do I apply poison to my sword?

Does that poison have a chance to hit or build like dark Souls?

Would it be a good strategy to have 2 different elemental weapons and switch when one lands?

I read the OP.

Yes to all of those

except poison is really bad, it only ticks every 3 seconds, the damage doesn't scale, and even with the +10% recurrent damage it barely increased

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 2, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Yokai also tend to have huge health pools so kicking them until they're out of ki is a good strategy

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
This is sounding more like diablo than dark souls (in a good way)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The game is too hard for them

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The majority of the gameplay videos I've seen no one uses ki-pulse or flux and I get triggered

At least it shows that you don't need total mastery of the system to beat the game

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
????

Where did it say multiplayer won't be at release? The only thing I've read is that PvP won't be at launch

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Genocyber posted:

So apparently this is the kind of thing you can expect in ng+ (boss spoilers).

http://i.imgur.com/IcBTbft.jpg

This owns

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Bombadilillo posted:

Holy poo poo I'm gonna coop the gently caress out a this.

You can't coop this mission which is why we're saying it owns

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Bombadilillo posted:

True. And I wasn't planning on cooling the whole thing. But I certainly was under a false impression of how it worked.

The twilight level I did coop with a goon had the exact same layout at the single player version, but who knows if they changed it for release

twilight and NG+ remix the levels, I wonder if NG+ twilight remixes them even more

VVV I take back what I said

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 6, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The Axe/Hammer moveset is pretty dark-soulsy too

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Yeah the game isn't trying to be obtuse like souls the menu was just translated poorly

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Yeahhh the first cutscene of the second real mission just confirmed this is going to be the complete opposite of a serious, obscure dark souls story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

MMF Freeway posted:

Did there end up being a bunch of skills that weren't in the demo?

Yes, the spear gets a shove while guarding and I don't remember that