Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I do think, if Team Ninja is scanning threads like these for feedback, that they NEED to fix the damage values in this game.

To be blunt, every single enemy being capable of one or two-shotting me, even in full armor, is a pain in the rear end. I can get the appeal of having so little margin for error, but at this point it just doesn't feel balanced at all. Levels become grueling campaigns until you just level up enough to overpower enemies around you. The combat engine is great and nuanced and it's totally possible to clear a stage of enemies while sustaining minimal damage, but the sheer threat enemies present makes fights more stressful than fun.

The crawling enemies are the loving worst, their grab attack feels very off, like it has a really really good hit box and they can launch into it with very little in the way of tells.

I'm not sure how I feel overall about the lock-on system, but i sort of dig that it no longer automatically faces and locks my character on towards the enemy like it does in Dark Souls. This allows for great mobility, but it can gently caress you over at times too and you may get locked into comboing uselessly in the opposite direction of your enemy. The additional mobility, however, also makes it so much easier for you to expose your weak point, the back, to your enemy. If the lock on worked like Dark Souls, you'd have a bigger defensive advantage in battle because your back would always be facing away from your foe.

Its really just the fact you take MASSIVE damage bonus from being hit in the back. And with the soft lock-on feature, you'll be exposing your back a lot with casual movements. And it seems running out of stamina/ki also increase the damage you take. This goes both ways for you and your enemies, hence one of the parries just instantly place you behind the opponent.

This was done even in the Witcher series, for example on the Witcher 2 on one of the highest difficulty, getting hit in the back pretty much instantly kills you.

Randomzx fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Sylphosaurus posted:

Holy poo poo, I thought that people were exaggerating but the main character is pretty much Geralt of Rivia.

Well where did you think the 90s low-budget live action Geralt got his katana from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6bidTGtuhw