Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i love the opening of the caves. that door that you open that makes the level even harder until you get the shortcut platform is an amazing troll. can't wait for the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Trick Question posted:

Okay, seriously though, blocking doesn't seem to do a god-drat thing against this dude's second form. In particular I haven't found any way to deal with when he throws the bowling balls.

you just hold x and run sideways and they always miss.
then run away from him a lot until he falls over and you can get free hits (but watch out cause his fall animation is a 1 hit ko)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lets hang out posted:

do yourself a favor and never buy the skills that are "L1 + dodge" because they're all bad and doing them on accident is the worst

the block parry skills on square and triangle work pretty good for me. just gotta learn to not try to attack while still holding l1 or you are dead

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lakbay posted:

This is not going to change, but my main problem is that there's this hand-crafted world and hand-placed loot corpses but all the loot itself is still diablo style so it discourages exploring for me when the main appeal for souls-like games is exploration

yeah farming dead players for gear will get you plenty of good stuff so going into a trapped room after a glowy doesn't feel worth it.

it would be cool if there were artifact class items that could only be found via exploration but i guess that would make the drops useless instead so idk how to balance it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anybody have a good guide for cave lady?

i know i need to be packing needles in case i get paralysed but what is she weak to, what moves in each form should i go in on? is there a good weapon to roll with? etc. thanks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

L2 is wasted on item switch. instead of 8 items, put 6 and have down on the dpad flip. or make it like an l2 tap switches menu and a hold does aiming.

i'm like reaching over with my left hand to aim while i shoot now and its bullshit it was perfect before.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i found the feedback survey for the game in case anyone missed it. feel free to complain about your favorite complainable in the many free response boxes.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/nioh_b_uk

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is the cave boss weak to a particular element? i want to have the right talisman ready

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lets hang out posted:

the stage he was in isn't in the beta

That stage needed more time in the oven. It was like a whole levels worth of monsters crammed into one big room and the obstacles were like a low wall or whatever that William could climb if not for videogame logic making him go around.

Caves are so much better put together.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they need to fix dual sword rev's. they just swing until they're tired and then you kill them. ax rev's are only marginally better at staying alive.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol theres a dude co-oping who's just out to waste peoples cups. i've gotten him 2 times and both times he just gestures and then quits the game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Deified Data posted:

Do you guys find heavier or lighter armor best for the first boss?

armor shouldn't matter for him. if you get hit you will probably die unless you are super lucky.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

maybe vs human ai?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my favorite part of this game visually is the steep drop off in fps that enemies are drawn with at long distances. it makes everything look creepy

Fire Barrel posted:

Anyone else having some dicey netcode? I've had some pretty good experiences, but then I've also had some terrible ones with lots of weird input lag, slowdown, etc... Was just wondering if anyone else encountered this or if I was just unlucky.

yeah i've seen some coop partners teleporting with some rollback. it makes the bosses do funny things when they are targeting them.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RatHat posted:

Ugh fighting 2-3 fast enemies at once is miserable.

use stones or run

goferchan posted:

Yeah I really like game but honestly there aren't a lot of nice things I can say about the visuals. i guess the designs for Yokai and Guardian Spirits are all pretty cool and the sword fighting animations are neat ....... the art direction for the environment is pretty dull from what i've seen though (although wasn't there another area in the first demo that's not in this one? how did that look?) so hopefully the areas in the full game are a little more inspired

it was a rainy pond temple. same use of grey and green and black as the other levels for the most part.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RatHat posted:

Not really an option in some places, like the side missions.

oh sorry i thought you meant with like human enemies in the base missions

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

goferchan posted:

Yeah it's certainly already sold me; just hoping they can take advantage of the setting & show us some more vibrant environments than what we got in the demo. The world map looks to cover a pretty big chunk of land ... I'd love to see some snow-covered mountains or (even though it's cliche as hell) a bright and sunny springtime setting with cherry blossoms swirling everywhere. Guess we'll just have to wait and see, though

there's some flavor text in the game about yokai only existing at night or in darkness but maybe story reasons will change that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

where are the wall demons in the caves? i never found one

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh yeah i saw that first room but there were a jillion dead guys in there so i though i better come back later

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i beat the cave mission and got "mark of the warrior" i thought i was supposed to be called "mark of the strong" but maybe i'm mistaken.

I now have mark of the conqueror and mark of the warrior - do i have everything?

i got conqueror in april and this new beta never recognized that i had it, even after getting it again and not beting able to claim it cause i already had it so hopefully the full game will fix this stuff up.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yodzilla posted:

Did I just watch a man tell time with a cat?

at the end of the next level you turn a man into a giant spectral bull that fuses with your soul

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yodzilla posted:

I haven't beaten the cave yet but the only Oni I've fought there was some skinny, tall zombie with a big axe in the boss's office. All he really did was walk forward and do an overhead swing that was mad easy to dodge and he went down like a bitch. Those guys definitely aren't in the first level.

go deeper.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i hope there are enough skills for each stance to have a solid choice of what combo ender you want.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yodzilla posted:

Drop attacks own.

Also it still shocks me that I'm playing a melee action game with ranged combat worth a drat. I love headshotting dudes in Nioh.

please ask for 2 handed aim/fire to return in the survey so that it is even better.
the new controls are a huge step back imo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

All they need to do is put aim back on L2, then make the item toggle on R2 and make it not work while you're aiming. And then you can select ammo types with the face buttons while holding L2.

fuggin genius mang
put it in the survey

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Broseph Brostar posted:

Speaking of the item goggle button, I wish you held it down to have temporary use of the secondary set instead of a toggle. I keep switching to it and forgetting I did then I'm stuck wondering why my elixir won't work.

same. so much spilled salt

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

L2 to aim, R2 to fire.

yeah you could aim and fire without needing to let go of the aiming stick so the headshots were even more sick

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RatHat posted:

Ninjutsu builds are so hilariously overpowered for boss fights.

What skills are you taking?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RatHat posted:

Plenty? Did you block out your memory of the beginning of the second level or something?

there are windows in all the patrol routes for sniping and stone thowing to draw everyone one at a time but its tedious as gently caress

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Belzac posted:

If you play in the actual co-op mode you can revive them when they die or they can revive themselves, both at cost to your team gauge. Run out of gauge and you guys lose. If you're just doing random visits then no.

Does it take cups to launch coop mode or is it resource free?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

February 2017 has the potential to be a legendary release month if nioh, for honor, persona 5, Horizon zero dawn, nier automata, and more are all as good as they look

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RatHat posted:

Nier Automata only releases in Japan in February unfortunately, the NA release will be later in 2017.

crap

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

for honor is like nioh but with vikings and knights as well as samurai and a chivalry type thing going on but ubisoft is making it so it might just be a pile of hot rear end who knows.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Belzac posted:

SCEA has a stupid policy about not allowing game discs being produced for games without English VA. Since this game is intentionally half in english and half in japanese I don't know if it triggers this rule or not but it wouldn't be the first time KT publishes a game digital only.

blazblue CF has no english and it has a disc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its very dumb that the rewards are both helmets

i can't wear both at once.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cainer posted:

This game looks amazing and I kick myself for missing out on the first two tryouts, what got removed? Why was it so hated?

item durabilty. because :cmon:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cainer posted:

Nice! Always found durability to be an annoying mechanic in most games anyway.

just when you thought it was dead, zelda gonna bring it back

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

THEY REVERTED THE AIM/SHOOT BACK TO ALPHA!

gently caress yeah!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

what stat should i stack in this demo? i feel like i always stack heart and don't get much results out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

got up to the ogress. might need to sleep on it before beating her. love the level. the blob in the water that chucks swords at william is 10/10

is ogress weak to an element? she spits fire so i assume water is the way to go for buffs?

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 21, 2017