Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
So far, I'm really liking what I've played, but some of the UI choices are deeply loving weird, and the game does an incredibly poor job of explaining its mechanics, or at least this alpha does.
It took me far too loving long to figure out the KI pulse mechanic; I swear the (single) popup which mentioned it only said something about using R1 to reset your stance and failed to tell you either when to do it, or that they actually meant simply "Press R1" not "Reselect your stance using R1+*"
Also, setting Jutsu is loving confusing.
- Spend your Amrita at the shrine to get Ninjutsu skill points
- Learn the Shuriken skill from the touch button menu
- Go back into the shrine to set Jutsu
- Go back into the touch button equipment menu to set the shuriken to a slot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
The problem I have is that the optimal solution for fighting multiple enemies is: "Don't; just pull them one at a time", and that is a poo poo mechanic which relies on the fact that the enemies don't actively work together in any meaningful way and will happily stand around like lemons while their friends are hit in the face with shuriken and murdered one by one. I mean, I'm not asking for them to be loving genius tacticians, but it's such a flagrant display of carefully handcrafted imbecility that it does actually spoil my immersion.
I know, I know, talking about immersion in a game about fantasy magic samurai and demons...

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
So I had quite a bit of trouble with the second Oni; the first one I beat with low stance Katana and lots of Ki Bursts to stagger him. Tried that on the second one, and it didn't go so well.
Solution? High-stanced lightning axe, motherfucker! :black101:
It took all of two combos.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Yeah, fire is a bit much. Especially since being shot with a flaming arrow actually deals less damage!