Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Decided to look into this game after hearing about DSP, it's pretty good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

use greataxe to slam and jam

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it's worth sticking with the kind of crappy DLC bosses in order to fight the final DLC boss

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

IGgy IGsen posted:

huh? I thought, while the worst DLC level is definitely the first level of the second DLC, the bosses just got progressively worse with the last DLC where the final one is one of the few video game bosses that made me legit angry and put me on tilt. It took me almost 40 minutes of attempts to beat it and I rarely felt like it was my own fault rather than some poorly telegraphed attack partially owed to having a partner in that fight, that throws off patterns, making it harder to learn tells.

Like, I found this boss so offensively bad that I have to ask you: Did miss something? Did I miss that one simple trick than nine-tailed foxes hate? Or did I just started sucking on both of my playthroughs when I reached that fight?

Admittedly, the second time I reached the fight it was part of a very long session I streamed and I was probably drained by the time I reached it. I just don't want to post the VODs because I really did get salty.

In general I think Nioh is full of bad design with some encounters, although most of them are relegated to sub-missions so I don't mind as much. They were definitely on the right track, though, even though there were fights I really hated it's still one of the best games that came out in its year and well worth playing.

Nine Tailed Fox was frustrating yeah but I didn't hate the fight, I guess I just didn't have too many problems with it personally, I don't really know what to tell you. There's not like any super cool exploit or trick I used, I'm just good at reading attacks, dodging, and swinging my battleaxe lol

In that post I was referring to the Secret Final Boss that unlocks after you beat the Fox.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Hell yeah dude, you can learn the Izuna Drop and everything

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

axe all day axe all night I like the axe and use it to fight

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm a fan as long as I get a big one too

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Roobanguy posted:

same but on pc.

same

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

boob slider cool whatever, is there a butt slider and does it also work on dudes

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

go axe, forge all of them them into the hammer skin you get early on, smash motherfuckers

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

wrong if you don't beat ni oh I'm going to come to your house and kick your rear end

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

also dope animations

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I went in on axes in Ni Oh 1 and it was great, really makes you learn the timing of every enemies moves though, because you are going to be the slowest thing in the zone most of the time lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

your laptop does not possess Sakai, the spirit of the samurai

the only recourse is to commit the honorable act of seppuku by swallowing a folded up frisbee

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 7, 2020

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

pc port real good

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The biggest concern with choosing whether or not you want to get Ni Oh 2 for the PS4 or for the PC is if you want to play it in a week or play it in 8 months.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

TheLastRoboKy posted:

And I'll do both because I'm fiscally irresponsible.

I'm waiting for reviews and for some buddies to pick it up before I decide if I want to double-dip but I liked Ni Oh 1 so much I probably will end up doing so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

treat Ni Oh like Ninja Gaiden and it'll start making more sense