Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Full cleared, got enough spirit for my Hawk bonus then all points into Ninjutsu with spear.

Fire Shurikens rule.
Those brown zombiod fuckers that crawl on the ground and spit poison/throw rocks are the toughest enemies in the whole game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

lets hang out posted:

There's a weird thing where sometimes when I get summoned and first meet up with the host my spirit animal flies into them. Anyone used summons enough to know what's happening there?

My bro believes that's you lending your animal to them temporarily until they retrieve their bloodstain.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Harrow posted:

What's everyone's favorite guardian spirit? Do they have different Living Weapon effects?

I've been rolling with the cool bird dude who makes your evasion take less ki mostly because of its magnificent plumage.

I went Hawk because of bonus loot. Its also one of the faster charging spirits but it has a shorter duration.
Spirits get charged as you receive amrita. If you can kill fast enough you can prolong your living weapon. They also proc their elemental effect which fire is the most obvious as a dot. I don't know what the others do.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

How do I use ninjutsu?

Learn an active ninja skill in the skills tab then go to a shrine. Rotate to the set ninja skills menu. Click on a skill to "memorise" a skill, each has a point requirement and you have a max amount of points based on your stats. Then assign the skill to a quick button, multiple copies of the same skill stack onto the same button.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

I played as pure ninja in the alpha and I'm doing the same again.
I noticed they severely nerfed exploding shurikens. If I recall it used to take 1 shuriken to set a yokai ablaze, now it takes 2 to build to a threshold to initiate the burn. It also does less damage initially and on its dot which seems percentage based. If a samurai starts blocking before the shuriken that's all ready stuck to him explodes, he negates all damage and buildup.
The boss in the caves takes 3 exploding shurikens to apply burn and 3 poison shurikens to apply poison.
Don't miss.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

lets hang out posted:

there's a backstab skill in the ninja tree :eyepop:

There's a lot of weird stuff in the ninja tree, and a lot of it wasn't there in the alpha.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

I'm glad I'm good at the Nioh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Deified Data posted:

Did anyone get a lot of use out of poison shurikens?

Poison shuriken was nerfed severely from the alpha/beta. They are largely useless against bosses even humans.
They are really good versus Tengu though.