Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

8-Bit Scholar posted:

gently caress my rear end the stamina system in this game just doesn't let up.

Is there a trick here? Somebody mentioned hitting R1 and I seem to be able to like...briefly restore stamina before losing it again? What the heck?

This is the Ki pulse system. You'll notice when you're attacking your Ki (stamina bar) turns red. Once you stop it will begin to fill up white.

If you block, attack, or evade in high or mid stance you'll lose all your red and white ki.

If you press R1 or evade in low stance you'll instantly regain your white ki and lose the red.

Ideally you want to hit it right as the bar fills up. If you watch your character some white particles will appear around him and that's your cue to R1/evade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

I really hate this gear system. Picking up a bunch of identical weapons with +/- a few percent in five stats blows. If they're going to stick with that they at least need a trash filter so I don't have to worry about picking them up when I'm trying to get dropped elixirs or whatever.