Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Quick change insurance has you covered. I finally got some at level light armor aside from the head and I can get two shotted at best now :haw:

Marogareh fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Genocyber posted:

Wait did they actually add new skills to the Onmyo magic tree??? I may have to respec back into my magic build and check that poo poo out if so.

They do tons of damage but they all have some aiming gimmicks to them and aren't that great for building up status.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Every weapon has a parry move. The best are the ones that lock you into an animation when successful.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Those anti poison pills/talismans make you literally immune to it so get those.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Everything is the same except for loot and difficulty. The last difficulty they added has some remixed enemies like ninja dogs in the first village and some interesting high end gear.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It's 30 floors and I'm not 100% sure but I think going into Nioh difficulty makes it infinite

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
They did actually. You have to go to Tome and buy it with patronage points.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Up to 200. You can actually get it there too with how much amrita you get in Nioh mode.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It's the highest and final difficulty level. You can do the dojo stuff on the base difficulty and unlock the skills there.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
If you just want to apply status effects then no. They do ok damage but have gimmicky aim.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Get the divination talisman so it can mark absolutely everything on the radar.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
DS2 let me fist my way through it's entirety with nothing but a pair of pants so it's good in my book. You can't say the same for the others.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Every new difficulty will feel like being dumped back into NG so yes. You'll get that set again eventually and it'll be leagues better than the current one.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
You can freely dip into anything you want early on. It's at higher difficulties where you want to stick to two or even one weapon so you can dump all the points into melee damage up scrolls.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
After a billion hours I still can't stand the huge hatchet yokai that I forget the name of. I can never get a feel for them and just LW them to death immediately whenever one shows up.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Whistle at every chest you see. For the elemental shots you really want the fast cast mystic art or at least the onmyo hat to make ailments stick. Another good way is a weapon that has skills with fast multi hit attacks like kusari, duals and spear.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Yes and it's what I always do every time I constantly respec.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
They're doable but hard as gently caress the first time when you're not quite super strong yet.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I recommend getting oasis and rejuvenation talismans for out of battle healing. Divination is also really good for Kodama hunting and preventing ambushes the first time around.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Azran posted:

So for some reason as I finished a couple of DLC side missions in Way of the Samurai, the Queen's Eyes mission on Way of the Strong opened up. So I went and did it to check just how better the gear was in Way of the Demon. Very first enemy dropped a +11 weapon. Amazing.

It's pretty much the reason why using the blacksmith is not recommended at lower difficulties. The final difficulty has gear in the +30's and level 300's.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
There a tons of modifiers for it and I wish I had the ethereal set bonus drop for me before quitting.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
There's that one mission with him and the annoying wind guy but it unlocks after beating the game once. I always set it to the base difficulty to farm texts because hoo boy are the drop rates for them god awful.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Quick change is incredibly good so grab that asap in the ninjutsu tree.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I don't know which dlc but in the end they added a set bonus that boosts fists 50% and a way to dump excess samurai points into unarmed damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I wouldn't worry about gear unless you're not planning to go for the final difficulty.