Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myrdraayl
Apr 13, 2011
So the parry stuff for mid stance katana is cool but trying that on the oni's and cyclops is not working at all. Anyone else have any luck with getting it to work on them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrdraayl
Apr 13, 2011

Harrow posted:

That only seems to work if I'm at exactly the right distance. If I'm too close the ball hits me in the side anyway. I'm getting pretty good at being at that distance, but still, I can't just press block and everything's fine.

I actually don't think the second phase is as bad but I just can't get there with any Elixirs left so one or two hits and I'm done. I'm also horrible at dodging the thrown balls because they're always just barely slower than I expect.

I dunno, I really didn't think I was just Bad At Video Games to the core until now but this seems irrefutable evidence.

Here's how you deal with his spin, bait out a frontal attack roll or run behind it and do one light high stance attack and back off because if you try for 2 or do a heavy you'll usually get hit. Problem with high stance though is that once you do an attack you need to wait for your bar to do a dodge roll unless you ki pulse immediately after your attack so if you want to stay super safe just hit him once with a mid attack and back off because there is no delay for dodging for mid and low attacks. Pretty much just chip him down first phase and 2nd you can be more aggressive.

Or you cheese him by throwing bombs at him.